Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

I'm looking to have a single set of clubs this year. I love my SeeMore PR, but I think I'm going to put the 8.0 in play all year this year.

Are you taking side bets on the single club thing?

Putting on the Garsen grips for my 6.5. Tinkering has begun.

Already put the 10" Garsen Max on my 6.5 and the 15" Garsen Max on my 8.0 and I'm very excited about the results that I'm seeing. Will have to order another 15" Max to put on my TFI CB Smart Square Halo to see if I will get similar results with it. Gives me the most natural pendulum swing and helps eliminate the rounding of my shoulders which creeps in time to time.

For those who have never tried these grips be forewarned. At first I didn't like the grips due to how the hands are placed on the grip. Almost took them off immediately because of this but I did pursue. Took about 2 weeks practicing off and on to really get use to them. The third week I realized the magic. Took me much longer to get use to these grips than most others, but it was well worth the time and effort. IMO if you haven't tried these grips you don't know what you're missing. Definitely worth a try.

Already put the 10" Garsen Max on my 6.5 and the 15" Garsen Max on my 8.0 and I'm very excited about the results that I'm seeing. Will have to order another 15" Max to put on my TFI CB Smart Square Halo to see if I will get similar results with it. Gives me the most natural pendulum swing and helps eliminate the rounding of my shoulders which creeps in time to time.

For those who have never tried these grips be forewarned. At first I didn't like the grips due to how the hands are placed on the grip. Almost took them off immediately because of this but I did pursue. Took about 2 weeks practicing off and on to really get use to them. The third week I realized the magic. Took me much longer to get use to these grips than most others, but it was well worth the time and effort. IMO if you haven't tried these grips you don't know what you're missing. Definitely worth a try.

That sounds great for you so far! I actually was using the Garsen before I received this putter but wanted to use the stock grip for awhile to see how I did. I actually like it a lot but I can feel my hands getting more active in the swing. So this is why I'm going back. I ordered the Max and the Edge as I've played with both but want to test 'em both out on this putter to see.

This alignment system seems really good, I know Dean had some positive thoughts on it, Might have to try it!

That sounds great for you so far! I actually was using the Garsen before I received this putter but wanted to use the stock grip for awhile to see how I did. I actually like it a lot but I can feel my hands getting more active in the swing. So this is why I'm going back. I ordered the Max and the Edge as I've played with both but want to test 'em both out on this putter to see.
I mentioned in another thread that I gamed my other putter yesterday. One of the bigger take-aways was a realization that my hands have become more active with the 2135 (the stock grip is good; this is a "me" issue). I've resisted the temptation to tinker with the 2135 but I think it may well be time to cut the 8.0 down an inch and put a SuperStroke 3.0 on it.

Golf and Ski in Hudson, NH has most of the Cleveland putter line, if you want to get them in hand. That's where I got my 8.0

I need to take a ride this week. I demoed to SS version and the face feel is the real deal. The 1 or the 8 have turned into a hard hard ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to take a ride this week. I demoed to SS version and the face feel is the real deal. The 1 or the 8 have turned into a hard hard ponder.

I can see this putter being a terrific fit for you.

Don't ponder on this one. Just do it. :)

Received mine yesterday. I love the look of the alignment. It really helps me set it up squarely. The feel off the face is too soft for me however. I have never been an insert fan and this is exactly what it feels to me. I am going to give this a chance but don't know if I'll warm up to it like I thought I would.

I can see this putter being a terrific fit for you.

Thanks my man. It's more than a hard ponder at this point- more of a matter of when

If you want to try the 8.0 first, let me know, and I'll get it over to you somehow.

Thanks my man- I'll prob just pull the trigger. It's such a steal at that price - can't really go wrong

Thanks my man- I'll prob just pull the trigger. It's such a steal at that price - can't really go wrong

IMO, Cleveland's TFI putters are one of the best, if not the best, price/performance putter lines available today.

IMO, Cleveland's TFI putters are one of the best, if not the best, price/performance putter lines available today.

Even before purchasing - I'd agree. A top notch putter for $129?!? Unheard of in today's market

I agree it does feel soft, but give it a chance, By the time I got 12 holes in I had figured it out and was dripping putts from every where.
Received mine yesterday. I love the look of the alignment. It really helps me set it up squarely. The feel off the face is too soft for me however. I have never been an insert fan and this is exactly what it feels to me. I am going to give this a chance but don't know if I'll warm up to it like I thought I would.

Everything...everything is so nice about my 6.5. A must try line imo.

Everything...everything is so nice about my 6.5. A must try line imo.

I really think that the 6.5 will make it in to my bag this year for an extended period of time.

I really think that the 6.5 will make it in to my bag this year for an extended period of time.

I'm half thinking of going that route. I just love that mid mallet shape. Gives me the best of the two putters I have.

I'm half thinking of going that route. I just love that mid mallet shape. Gives me the best of the two putters I have.

Me too. And my Grandaddy putter has a similar bend shaft in to it, so mentally I can deal with that. Much better than a PN.

Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

Took a ride today to Golf and Ski. Weird experience with the 8.0. I actually didn't like the alignment aid. I really expected to. I found myself actually overly concerned with the alignment and really did not putt well. After struggling, I grabbed a model similar to my gamer, and started making everything. I guess it makes me overthink things. Not completely against it, but not as sold as I thought I'd be.

Last edited:
Took a ride today to Golf and Ski. Weird experience with the 8.0. I actually didn't like the alignment aid. I really expected to. I found myself actually overly concerned with the alignment and really did not putt well. After struggling, I grabbed a model similar to my gamer, and started making everything. I guess it makes me overthink things. Not complexly against it, but not as sold as I thought I'd be.

As always, play what works. Had I known you were heading up there, would have met you there. I've got a credit from a fitting I need to use.

Took a ride today to Golf and Ski. Weird experience with the 8.0. I actually didn't like the alignment aid. I really expected to. I found myself actually overly concerned with the alignment and really did not putt well. After struggling, I grabbed a model similar to my gamer, and started making everything. I guess it makes me overthink things. Not complexly against it, but not as sold as I thought I'd be.

This happened to me the first time I tried it. I was nearly paranoid about the alignment and whether I was lined up correctly. After using it a bit, that went away and the alignment became pure gold.

This happened to me the first time I tried it. I was nearly paranoid about the alignment and whether I was lined up correctly. After using it a bit, that went away and the alignment became pure gold.

I'm going to give it another shot another day. I'm not writing it off as the feel is phenomenal and I do like the looks of it. Plus I want to find the 6.5 and 1.0- which I think I'd like better for me anyways. It was a beautiful putter. I was just surprised at how my mind handled it.

Back