Keeping left arm straight

Jamie4127

Reaction score
Handicap
I try and try and try and unless I make a very short back swing I cannot keep my arm straight. I'm starting to think I'm not flexible enough to keep it straight and make a full swing.

Any suggestions?

fyi freddie has asked that we let him respond first before we chime in with other thoughts.

I try and try and try and unless I make a very short back swing I cannot keep my arm straight. I'm starting to think I'm not flexible enough to keep it straight and make a full swing.

Any suggestions?

Do you stretch your shoulders before you play or at all? The rear deltoid has a lot to do with left arm remaining straight. The right arm also plays a roll in this. 5-10min of stretching can help a great deal. The back and shoulders as well as the bi.ceps.

There is no hard fast rule that requires a perfectly straight left arm. It's advised but as long as you can return the club to the correct position it doesn't matter too much.

Do you stretch your shoulders before you play or at all? The rear deltoid has a lot to do with left arm remaining straight. The right arm also plays a roll in this. 5-10min of stretching can help a great deal. The back and shoulders as well as the bi.ceps.

There is no hard fast rule that requires a perfectly straight left arm. It's advised but as long as you can return the club to the correct position it doesn't matter too much.

I stretch for about a minute and take a few swings before playing. I should probably have my whole swing evaluated and not worry too much on just my left arm. I'm still learning a not a very consistent player. Maybe I can try to make a couple videos and come back lol...

I stretch for about a minute and take a few swings before playing. I should probably have my whole swing evaluated and not worry too much on just my left arm. I'm still learning a not a very consistent player. Maybe I can try to make a couple videos and come back lol...

Ok, I'm here if you need me.

Back