Unofficial DMV Outing July 22nd-23rd 2017

They are both very nice, but I am biased towards viniterra. It's just a wonderful layout in my opinion. The holes are cut so you rarely see another hole, nice elevation changes, generous fairways, big perfectly manicured greens, RTJ would be proud of his boy for this one. Honestly, it's my favorite course in my rotation and maybe in my top 5 of public courses I have played all time. I don't know what it is, it just suits my eye and I play well there. Of course YMMV.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
Sounds good enough to me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They are both very nice, but I am biased towards viniterra. It's just a wonderful layout in my opinion. The holes are cut so you rarely see another hole, nice elevation changes, generous fairways, big perfectly manicured greens, RTJ would be proud of his boy for this one. Honestly, it's my favorite course in my rotation and maybe in my top 5 of public courses I have played all time. I don't know what it is, it just suits my eye and I play well there. Of course YMMV.

1 of my favorite courses down that way as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am off to the Shore for vacation but I will check back in with this tonight and see what our numbers look like and then we can make some decisions. Does that sound good with everyone??

I think I can pull this off - sounds like a good to time!

Looks like some solid interest. Ok Mesaman what do you want to do about a course??

Looks like some solid interest. Ok Mesaman what do you want to do about a course??
Sorry, I was busy all day today. As far as a course, under normal circumstances I would suggest either mattopani springs or Pendleton as they are closer to the NVA/MD crew. However, on this occasion it's all about obedt and showing him a DMV good time, so I would defer to him and how much he wants to drive from Williamsburg. Viniterra was my original choice, but that adds 45 minutes to your commute from the north. To give perspective, It's one less exit than RNK for those who made that trip last spring. I'm open for suggestions, and will work with the course to set something up once we decide a venue. Let's have some suggestions/ideas everyone.

What's one exit among friends. If Vinteria is the best course. I say, that sounds good.

I can make that drive to Pendleton no prob guys.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Well, there you have it. The man is willing to drive to play with DMV'ers:act-up: OK, so the 2 best options in my opinion are either Pendleton...

https://www.pendletongolfva.com/golf-course/picture-gallery

...or Mattopani Springs

https://www.mattaponisprings.com/-the-design

I have played both, but not at Pendleton for several years. I do remember it being a very nice course, maybe even equal to MS and I would have no problem playing there again. The courses are very close to one another and I believe Pen is less expensive. It would be an easier trip for the northern guy's for sure, but I am still open for Viniterra if the extra 45-60 minutes isn't an issue.

I don't want to take over the thread, as Crest was kind enough to create it, and we are still 3.5 weeks away, but if we can get a tally of potential players updated on page one, I may be able to get us a multi player discount from wherever we decide to go. It doesn't hurt to ask right? I am looking forward to meeting new THP'ers and getting together with some old friends. LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!

EDIT: I played MS with Golfinnut about 6-8 weeks ago? and the greens were disappointingly slow. Like the muni no one goes to slow. Not saying that will be the case this time of year, but it's something to consider.

Well, there you have it. The man is willing to drive to play with DMV'ers:act-up: OK, so the 2 best options in my opinion are either Pendleton...

https://www.pendletongolfva.com/golf-course/picture-gallery

...or Mattopani Springs

https://www.mattaponisprings.com/-the-design

I have played both, but not at Pendleton for several years. I do remember it being a very nice course, maybe even equal to MS and I would have no problem playing there again. The courses are very close to one another and I believe Pen is less expensive. It would be an easier trip for the northern guy's for sure, but I am still open for Viniterra if the extra 45-60 minutes isn't an issue.

I don't want to take over the thread, as Crest was kind enough to create it, and we are still 3.5 weeks away, but if we can get a tally of potential players updated on page one, I may be able to get us a multi player discount from wherever we decide to go. It doesn't hurt to ask right? I am looking forward to meeting new THP'ers and getting together with some old friends. LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!

EDIT: I played MS with Golfinnut about 6-8 weeks ago? and the greens were disappointingly slow. Like the muni no one goes to slow. Not saying that will be the case this time of year, but it's something to consider.
Did Pendleton used to be called something else? For the life of me, I've never played or even heard of this course, and that would be very unusual.

Did Pendleton used to be called something else? For the life of me, I've never played or even heard of this course, and that would be very unusual.

It's always been pendleton as far as I know. It used to be in the rotation of company tournaments when I worked for a local semicon company and it was always a favorite. If you peruse the site, the course details section has a 12 minute flyover video that shows the layout. It really is a nice, fair test and I remember it being in top notch condish. I am really starting to like this option, as it will be new to the entire group. Just my 2 pennies of course, I will go with the flow.

My vote is Viniterra or Pendleton.

I will most likely be down at the beach that weekend anyway, so it won't matter much to me how far to drive.

Would also like to throw out another 2 courses for consideration .... Hobbs Hole & Piankatank River GC. Both are always in fabulous shape. Fairways are Bermuda or Zoysia and the greens are immaculate.

I will most likely be down at the beach that weekend anyway, so it won't matter much to me how far to drive.

Would also like to throw out another 2 courses for consideration .... Hobbs Hole & Piankatank River GC. Both are always in fabulous shape. Fairways are Bermuda or Zoysia and the greens are immaculate.

I liked Hobbs hole.

Pendleton Scorecard.

http://www.oobgolf.com/courses/scorecard.php?id=17783

We're trying to NARROW it down here, not increase options...Get with the program.....geeeeez :banghead:

It's always been pendleton as far as I know. It used to be in the rotation of company tournaments when I worked for a local semicon company and it was always a favorite. If you peruse the site, the course details section has a 12 minute flyover video that shows the layout. It really is a nice, fair test and I remember it being in top notch condish. I am really starting to like this option, as it will be new to the entire group. Just my 2 pennies of course, I will go with the flow.
ok, odd as much time as I spent in Innsbrook a few years back, I'm surprised I didn't hear about it somehow.

I'm fine with any of those options, I'm a bystander on this one. Plus still have to make sure that weekend is clear with my sister's trip.

We're trying to NARROW it down here, not increase options...Get with the program.....geeeeez :banghead:
Hey ... if ur not gonna help the cause keep ur 2 cents worth to urself.
HA!

I'm good with Viniterra. At that point an extra bit of driving time won't really matter all that much.

I'm going to be a maybe for now. Planning a weekend to get out if town and the next two weekends are a no go so we shall see

Ugh I'm with my in-laws this weekend... Bummer.

I'm in pretty much anywhere. I'm planning vacation around this outting weekend. If turnout is light we can do viniterra to fill a foursome or 2, if there is more northern interest we can hit Pendleton. Just an opinion.

So is this shindig going to be a two day event like the title says or are we choosing the best of the two days?

So is this shindig going to be a two day event like the title says or are we choosing the best of the two days?

I am still down the Shore but I was thinking since I have both days playing once down with the RVA guys Saturday. Then playing again but up in NOVA Sunday. That is why I put both days in the title.

I am still down the Shore but I was thinking since I have both days playing once down with the RVA guys Saturday. Then playing again but up in NOVA Sunday. That is why I put both days in the title.

I'd be available Sunday in NOVA as well

Back