casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi I went up for a 9hole today with 2 guys from work, one of the guys has bought a set of mizuno jpx900 from China the other has jpx825 genuine from american golf, I can't tell any difference between them neither can they 2 and the guy with the real 825s is overly impressed with them to the point he is going to get a set of irons from the same place, both are quite good keen golfers and are always buying £400 drivers and £150 wedges all this tech at almost 6 times the price of the Chinese ones but they can't see any difference with how they play, look ect, and I took a shot of the fake 3wood and it just took off compared to my own 3wood, iv always been under the impression to stay away from anything like that but now I'm thinking about buying a driver

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

How do you know the others are fakes? Did he buy them dirt cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having seen firsthand (and read, watched, listened to so many THP spots) how much research, development, testing, etc. goes into clubs, I myself would be extremely skeptical any knockoff from China could come close to that. Just my .02.

Yeah £150 delivered to the UK from a place called ally express in China

Never mind. I saw the price mention. I still couldn't ever bring myself to knowingly buy fake clubs. There is inevitably something cheap about them that will come back to haunt in the long haul In my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waste of money, the tech in the clubs is not there in the fakes obviously, total junk.
Same as the fake golf balls

Thats my thinking there must be something wrong with them to be that cheap,

I'll stick to my shops then, I just thought for the price difference they might be a good buy and as he's a real keen golfer and thinks there great I'd try a driver

How can you tell they are fake? You never know they might be made by the same company and some where made on the side to sell cheap

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

How can you tell they are fake? You never know they might be made by the same company and some where made on the side to sell cheap

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The clubs are typically made form different materials, there is usually a gaff or 2 you can see that helps identify it as a fake, whether its mis-spelling, labels turned the wrong way, or etchings in the wrong place.

Same song and dance for golf balls.

If its too good to be true...thats because it is

Not to mention the performance and quality issues, but I can't bring myself to support a "fake club" business. Just doesn't go with my personal beliefs. But to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll give it a miss I have bought some stuff from China in the past but like mentioned thought they would have been useless, its just that he is loving them and is not the type to buy crap, I joined this site for good advice and on this I think I will take it, thanks for the info

Also need to remember that it hurts the industry and morally that is stealing someone else's intellectual property. It's not just with golf gear, you also see it with clothes. Columbia spends a lot of time and money to design and build their stuff and then people just buy fake columbia stuff from China.

I look at it like this, i could buy 3 piece of sh1t chinese knockoff drivers, or 1 one legit driver for the same price. The legit one will last 10x longer and if anything went wrong, a company will likely have absolutely no problem hooking you up with a new one. As mentioned above, you'd also be supporting shady business. Just my .02

That's not an industry I will support. Wouldn't even think about it no matter how inexpensive they are.

I'm not going to get one I considered it until I poster this tread, I'll just stick with my own driver and look to get a good condition used one or something a little cheaper, as iv not got the kind of money to justify paying £200+ for one club

I'm not going to get one I considered it until I poster this tread, I'll just stick with my own driver and look to get a good condition used one or something a little cheaper, as iv not got the kind of money to justify paying £200+ for one club

A lot of oems have preowned sites with killer weekly deals. Not uncommon to see 20% off already heavily discounted used clubs in great shape. Guaranteed legit too lol

OEM (pronounced as separate letters) is short for original equipment manufacturer, which is a somewhat misleading term used to describe a company that has a special relationship with computer and IT producers. OEMs are manufacturers who resell another company's product under their own name and branding.
What is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)? Webopedia
www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/OEM.html

I had a glance at the Taylormade site not that much cheaper than the brand new in the shop I was looking at the latest clubs tho in mint condition, cheers that's a good shout I'm going to have a hunt to see what out there

Back