Srixon Z355 irons - new edition coming out in 2017?

Ikerman001

Reaction score
Handicap
I had a hitout with the Srixon Z355 irons at my local golf shop and they seemed to work really well for me as a 20 handicapper. Those were released in 2015. Anyone know if they plan to release the newer version this year? Thanks!

If you liked the 355, you will like the 565.

If you liked the 355, you will like the 565.

I'll second this. I owned a set of Z355 for a short time this winter. They worked well and are quite forgiving. I now have the Z565 and seem to be equally as forgiving but feel better when hit flush. I'm a higher handicapper like yourself and when my swing is in sync the 565 are easy to hit and feel great.

Wasn't really considering the z565 as I thought they were more suited to better players. Maybe should give them a tryout as well...!

The 565 is very user friendly, give them a go I think you will enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't really considering the z565 as I thought they were more suited to better players. Maybe should give them a tryout as well...!

Very similar in size. The difference is in the materials used and how they are manufactured.

slightly thinner sole and the VT Sole is not ass pronounced, however still fantastic turf interaction. 355 Had more offset, and for me got up higher. The 7 iron of the 355 is still to date the 2nd longest I've ever hit on a LM(beat out slightly by the Callaway BB OS 7 last fall). 565 is a better looking total package to my eye, but both are really good. 355 could probably be had for very reasonable price right now if you are looking to score a set for less $.

slightly thinner sole and the VT Sole is not ass pronounced, however still fantastic turf interaction. 355 Had more offset, and for me got up higher. The 7 iron of the 355 is still to date the 2nd longest I've ever hit on a LM(beat out slightly by the Callaway BB OS 7 last fall). 565 is a better looking total package to my eye, but both are really good. 355 could probably be had for very reasonable price right now if you are looking to score a set for less $.

If you're OK with used, and stock works they can be had for under $300 depending on coupon codes here and there. I've been sorely tempted, just because it was a fun set when I played out of your bag.

If you're OK with used, and stock works they can be had for under $300 depending on coupon codes here and there. I've been sorely tempted, just because it was a fun set when I played out of your bag.

I know it's a shock that you hit clubs out of my bag really well haha
Honestly they will hit the 2 year mark in August/September, but they are still a set that is so easy to recommend.

I was with you when they told us it had more offset, but when measuring and their inline specs (at the time) were not too different.

How about the weight of the head for the Z355 vs Z565? One of the things that I liked was how the Z355 head felt heavier in relation to the shaft. "Action Mass" they call it. Does the Z565 have a similar shaft-head weight balance feel?

Will try out the Z565 next week hopefully.

How about the weight of the head for the Z355 vs Z565? One of the things that I liked was how the Z355 head felt heavier in relation to the shaft. "Action Mass" they call it. Does the Z565 have a similar shaft-head weight balance feel?

Will try out the Z565 next week hopefully.

Finally got around to trying out the Z565's. WOW! Hit eight shots with the 6 iron, avg carry 163 yards. But more importantly, the consistency was brilliant - they all landed within a 6 yard front-back dispersion and 3 yard right-left deviation. For a 20 handicapper, thats an insane set of numbers!

Just picked up a set of Z355 irons myself and have been comparing them to my Cleveland CBX irons. I've only played one round with a mix of the clubs in my bag but I liked every shot I hit with a Z355.

Just picked up a set of Z355 irons myself and have been comparing them to my Cleveland CBX irons. I've only played one round with a mix of the clubs in my bag but I liked every shot I hit with a Z355.

I was a big fan of the 355.

Still gamin' them. Still lovin' them.

they were probably the first "game improvement" iron that I really enjoyed the turf interaction. The sole design on them just worked well, and they launched the ball high and gave impressive distances. Just super easy to get along with IMO.

I was with you when they told us it had more offset, but when measuring and their inline specs (at the time) were not too different.

Here's some photos of 355 v 545. I was surprised the 355s were so very close in size to the 545. I still have the 545s in the garage, and have contemplated getting them bent to match the Club Champion spec'd 355s and see what happens.
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...Irons-Review?p=5316023&viewfull=1#post5316023

The big difference is the leading and trailing edge bounce between the the two. The offset difference throughout the set is only like .02ish inches...nothing.
But the soles are way different. 355 on left (4-AW).
355v545.png

I think they're freakin' awesome clubs, especially if a newbie or mid-to-high capper wants to try something new at a budget price.

Back