Looking for Recommendations for a Pocket size GPS

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for something like a Voice Caddy or Izzo Swami that I can put into pocket or clip on to my bag for under $75. Any suggestions based on actual use?

I just picked up a neo ghost from Budget Golf for a Father's Day gift to myself. After 2 rounds of use at different courses I really like it! It was very accurate when comparing it to my laser rangefinder and the distances didn't bounce around like on most iPhone apps. A feature that was very important to me was the auto hole advance, which this unit does well. I was also able to easily start on the 10th hole for one of my rounds. It took approx 30 seconds to a minute to find the course pre round and after 2 rounds I haven't needed to recharge yet. So far I highly recommend especially for only $45!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Neo Ghost. I bought one last year and it works great even though I still prefer my laser rangefinder. My son now uses it and he loves it.

The Golfwith Smart Marker can be had for $25, works with your smartphone and tracks shots and score as well as functioning as a GPS. It's been reviewed on THP.

Sort of a negative recommendation but you may want to avoid Golf Buddy. Had a CT2 that died w/in a couple of months - "no course data" message was all it would display. Took me a month of trying to get someone at company to respond to issue. They did eventually send me a new one - that lasted about 4 months b4 the "no course data" returned. Great when it worked but now living in a landfill somewhere.
Just bought a Neo Ghost, lot of $50ish deals around on this one, but have not had chance to use it yet.

Sort of a negative recommendation but you may want to avoid Golf Buddy. Had a CT2 that died w/in a couple of months - "no course data" message was all it would display. Took me a month of trying to get someone at company to respond to issue. They did eventually send me a new one - that lasted about 4 months b4 the "no course data" returned. Great when it worked but now living in a landfill somewhere.
Just bought a Neo Ghost, lot of $50ish deals around on this one, but have not had chance to use it yet.

I've had very different experience with golf buddy and highly recommend them.

Neo Ghost is awesome!

Another vote for the Neo Ghost, great unit extremely easy to use

I bought a Neo Ghost today from Budget Golf. Thanks everyone for their input.

My dad has the Neo Ghost and is happy with it. I have the Callaway Eclips and like it.

Can the Neo Ghost measure shot distance ?

The Garmin G10 was just reduced to $99....tons of features

Played with a guy using the Neo Ghost. I was five seconds from buying one and still may end up with one. At the price it seems like it can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the Neo Ghost measure shot distance ?

According to what I have seen, yes. You hit on button to start and same one to finish to get your distance.

^ thanks Markm.
I had a Bushnell Yardage Pro and used the shot distance feature the most. At $50 this sounds like a no brainer.
I use laser but this is nice for that one off hole where you can't see the pin or to calculate a layup distance.

Back