Carnoustie Printed Performance Polo Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
nice Review Dean, the design is .....interesting

• Admin
Its funny because I have two of their shirts that I like quite a bit, but the pattern on this one is "different". It reminds me of a monet (it might be manet). From afar it looks rather good, then up close you kind of get an idea that like transformers, there is more than meets the eye going on.

Its funny because I have two of their shirts that I like quite a bit, but the pattern on this one is "different". It reminds me of a monet (it might be manet). From afar it looks rather good, then up close you kind of get an idea that like transformers, there is more than meets the eye going on.
It's just so different for them. The rest of their lineup is pretty clean looking. I wore it to work one day to get some feedback and it was pretty mixed. I will say the feel and performance was pretty solid. I wouldn't stray from Carnoustie, but this print is not my cup of tea(do people still say that?).

• Admin
It's just so different for them. The rest of their lineup is pretty clean looking. I wore it to work one day to get some feedback and it was pretty mixed. I will say the feel and performance was pretty solid. I wouldn't stray from Carnoustie, but this print is not my cup of tea(do people still say that?).

The ones that do enjoy this print.

Nice to hear that the polo is well made and has no issues being worn in the heat.
As for the print, I feel like it would look at home under a sweater vest or something.

Thanks for the review Dean.

Admittedly I'm not well versed with the Carnoustie line, but kind of like this print.

You mention going down a size and still being comfortable, what size did you review and can you compare to others manufacturers?

Nice to hear that the polo is well made and has no issues being worn in the heat.
As for the print, I feel like it would look at home under a sweater vest or something.
I have another home for that print. Don't think my wife would let me walk out the door with that...and she ok'd the Ambition stache.

Good info on the sizing Dean. There are a few shirts whose fit are too boxy for even my ever rounding shape. Going down a size is a good pro tip.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

A very interesting choice to send in for review to say the least. Good article Dean, ugly shirt.

Thanks for the review Dean.

Admittedly I'm not well versed with the Carnoustie line, but kind of like this print.

You mention going down a size and still being comfortable, what size did you review and can you compare to others manufacturers?

It fits very similar to my Callaway Grandaddy XL shirts. It's the same size, and they are both rather big. If I was someone on the fence of L or XL, I'd go L.

I have another home for that print. Don't think my wife would let me walk out the door with that...and she ok'd the Ambition stache.

Good info on the sizing Dean. There are a few shirts whose fit are too boxy for even my ever rounding shape. Going down a size is a good pro tip.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I have a funny story about that. We were doing laundry and weeding out some cloths at the same time. So we had a folded pile of "donate" and a pile of "throw out." Nerfny gets this one and was going to put in the throw out pile, then switches to donate. Which I pulled it out of, refolded, and placed in my basket. I got a look when I did that. The next day is when I wore it to work, and when I came home she said, "I knew you wore that today because I went looking for it." haha She is clearly not a fan.

Good review. I've seen that print on my grandmother's garden dresses. You know, the dress you'd wear to the garden, but not so much to church.

Regardless of that particular print, sounds like a solid shirt. It's becoming more and more of a requirement that I find shirts whose collars don't lose their shape. I've had a few go bad, and while I like the shirts, the deformed collars make me look more silly than normal when wearing them.

~Rock

That was a good review Dean but the look definitely isn't great.

Good review. I agree with JB. The print has that "good from far, far from good" thing going. There's no way any of the guys I play with would ever live that shirt down. Ever.

A bit too busy for my taste, but definitely will look good on those who can carry it.

A few months ago, budgetgolf had a few of carnousties pullovers and vests really marked down but I didn't pull the trigger cause I was skeptical of the brand, never heard of them. But thanks for the review, I'll def be seeking some of these out now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice review Dean. Sounds like a comfy shirt. I actually like the pattern on this one. It's different than the sporty golf shirts I usually wear.

I don't mind it if I'm being honest. I just wish it was tagless especially at this price range

I have a funny story about that. We were doing laundry and weeding out some cloths at the same time. So we had a folded pile of "donate" and a pile of "throw out." Nerfny gets this one and was going to put in the throw out pile, then switches to donate. Which I pulled it out of, refolded, and placed in my basket. I got a look when I did that. The next day is when I wore it to work, and when I came home she said, "I knew you wore that today because I went looking for it." haha She is clearly not a fan.

lol yeah it's comforting having wives who a- know fashion and b- have your back. Good looking out by Nerfny

Solid review Dean and I definitely agree on the aspect of not thinking about your shirt on a hot sticky day.

That pattern though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice article. I tend to really like prints / patterns like that at first glance but often don't like the way the shirts end up looking on most people, including myself. Need to check out the brand's site.

Glad so many enjoyed this one.

I have to be totally honest. I'd rock that shirt.

Last edited:
I feel AJ Voepel would love a shirt like this.

Good writeup about it, this might be something worth looking into but in a much.. much.. much more timid pattern.

Back