The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Best for him and his mental state? OK maybe yes I'll give you that. But definitely not good for golf. More pole tune in when he is playing. Not even if in Contention but jusy playing...

Tap it in.....

He can't play forever regardless. It's time for the tour to start moving the attention elsewhere.

He can't play forever regardless. It's time for the tour to start moving the attention elsewhere.

It's not on the tour to "create superstars" or move the attention, that's up to the players themselves. Guys like Rory, Speith, etc. are on their way for sure, but for whatever reason Tiger still draws the most interest from a lot of the "casual" fans as people like to call them.

Tiger will be around for however long he wants to be around.

i need to go back and re-read that book. it was written on like a 5th grade level, but i still found it fascinating. one of the things i took away - and i need to re-read so i can shore this up - was that what haney says tiger came to him to fix was not what tiger ultimately said he wanted haney to fix. does anybody remember the specifics of this?

i really wonder if tiger's knee trouble wasn't what did in his swing. i'd like freddie's thoughts on this. i feel like i've heard many people (maybe even freddie) say that tiger always had the "stuck" position in his swing. maybe snapping that left knee was what allowed him to shallow out the swing and square everything up, but because he can no longer make this move, the foundation of his entire golf swing is broken.
I don't specifically remember that part, though maybe its generally part of the thing about how Haney wanted him to eliminate his big miss and Tiger wanted to keep bombing???

Can you imagine if Gus Longtimeminitourplayer beat him. He would have to start working for Fox calling the USGA events
lol I'd hate to see Tiger miss the cut on the Web.com tour. Those guys would wear him out right now as well.

I feel like Tiger's career is pretty much done. I see him winning 2-3 more regular events and no more majors. Hopefully we'll see a late charge to win the Master's like Nicklaus did in 86. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire early if he keeps throwing up 80's.

Its just some useless crap I keep in my mental Rolodex
I mean how often does this rule come into play though? If NFL players can forget their own overtime rules then I should get a pass lol

It's not on the tour to "create superstars" or move the attention, that's up to the players themselves. Guys like Rory, Speith, etc. are on their way for sure, but for whatever reason Tiger still draws the most interest from a lot of the "casual" fans as people like to call them.

Tiger will be around for however long he wants to be around.

I sort of thought that's why they'd had marketing and PR teams. Creating and spinning stories is their thing isn't it?

I could be off base. Maybe watched Virginia in Happy Gilmore too much.

I was a Tiger fan from the beginning. Of course I was 13 at the time. I have grown over the years to not be able to stand him.

I almost felt a little bad for him last week. That's the only time I've felt bad for him I think. I would prefer for his fans and non-transferable of he'd just go away for a year. Probably best for him and golf.

I'm a fan and could care less for your preferences. It's not for you to know what's best for us, him or golf. You can however have your own preferences which I may not agree with but I will respect.

As far as I'm concerned, he's changed his swing due to knee and back injuries and can't go on swinging the they he used to, or the way he'd like to. This seems to be the point that Chamblee (and everyone else) insists on ignoring. I believe he will find a new swing that will not cause further injuries and make him competitive again, and I will stand behind him until HE says he's done.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I'm a fan and could care less for your preferences. It's not for you to know what's best for us, him or golf. You can however have your own preferences which I may not agree with but I will respect.

As far as I'm concerned, he's changed his swing due to knee and back injuries and can't go on swinging the they he used to, or the way he'd like to. This seems to be the point that Chamblee (and everyone else) insists on ignoring. I believe he will find a new swing that will not cause further injuries and make him competitive again, and I will stand behind him until HE says he's done.

That's cool man.

Too each his own I say. All I ever did was point out that he appears to have a larger portion of fans who are ride or die so to speak.

My concern is where these.tyoes of fans will turn in a handful of years when he's finished. Are they gone too? Will they try someone else?

Who knows....

That's cool man.

Too each his own I say. All I ever did was point out that he appears to have a larger portion of fans who are ride or die so to speak.

My concern is where these.tyoes of fans will turn in a handful of years when he's finished. Are they gone too? Will they try someone else?

Who knows....

The same reason Cleveland packs in fans for Browns game I assume.

I guess I am wondering why it is concern for you what TW fans do. I am not coming down on you just wondering what effect it will have on the golf world? If TW never wins again, his fans will hold him dear. Just as fans of phil or jack or Hogan hold them dear. Jack might have more fans that he is retired then he did when he was playing. He is effecting the now generation of golfers. There is some kid in middle america pretending to be Jack in '86 at the Masters. There is some kid in South America trying to produce the "chip in" TW produced on 16 at the Masters. I imagine Hogan's one iron all the time when I grab a long iron.

The point is, fans will always be there no matter what their player is doing. If TW never wins again, I can share with other fans the beating Colin took for two days at the Masters with other fans. I can share the fairways wood he hit for Stevie at the British and then asked him if that was the way he wanted it. Or the 8 iron he hit in the dark at the Bridgestone to a few feet. Winning, losing, ugly hookergate, 4 new swings...his fan will 'Back street boys" - hang tough.
That's cool man.

Who knows....

I don't understand why Vinn and Tiger broke up. They have a few things in common like going downhill at an accelerated rate.

That's cool man.

Who knows....

Why are you concerned with what we do? I assure you that once Tiger plays his final British Open, Masters, US Open, and PGA Championship I won't stop watching golf - as it is now I am used to not seeing Tiger on the screen all the time.

If you ask who my favorite golfers are I say Tiger, Phil, Fowler, Spieth, Jason Day and Kuchar

If you ask who my all-time favorite golfer is? Tiger hands down because he inspired myself and millions others to pick up the game and set benchmarks for the players we see on tour today and created parity.

Why are you concerned with what we do? I assure you that once Tiger plays his final British Open, Masters, US Open, and PGA Championship I won't stop watching golf - as it is now I am used to not seeing Tiger on the screen all the time.

If you ask who my favorite golfers are I say Tiger, Phil, Fowler, Spieth, Jason Day and Kuchar

If you ask who my all-time favorite golfer is? Tiger hands down because he inspired myself and millions others to pick up the game and set benchmarks for the players we see on tour today and created parity.

I don't care per se what you guys do. I'm simply proposing the question what will happen to golf when he's gone due to the large number of fans who may be Tiger first or Tiger only fans.

It appears this discussion has struck a nerve with some of his fans. I guess I should have expected it.

You are seeing what will happen to golf. he has not been relevant to the game 5 of 6 years. The game of golf is fine and well. And your comments about you should have expected it from his fans is what people are reacting to. Its like you are trying to get a rise out of people instead of just stating your opinion and waiting for a repsonse.
I don't care per se what you guys do. I'm simply proposing the question what will happen to golf when he's gone due to the large number of fans who may be Tiger first or Tiger only fans.

It appears this discussion has struck a nerve with some of his fans. I guess I should have expected it.

But you did say that -

And many of us have given their responses....

You are seeing what will happen to golf. he has not been relevant to the game 5 of 6 years. The game of golf is fine and well. And your comments about you should have expected it from his fans is what people are reacting to. Its like you are trying to get a rise out of people instead of just stating your opinion and waiting for a repsonse.

I haven't gigged one person on the subject.

If I wanted to troll, I'd call him Eldrick and move on. I simply made an observation, then it went down hill from there.

I said I should have expected it because I should have. It's not overwhelmingly popular in the Tiger Thread to bring up the end or discuss his fans in general.

As I said a few posts ago, to each his own.

But you did say that -

And many of us have given their responses....

I didn't mean you personally in this instance.

It wasn't meant as an attack on anyone person's views, just a thought about where we might be after he's gone.

I don't understand why Vinn and Tiger broke up. They have a few things in common like going downhill at an accelerated rate.
37800d7aedd5415e6bf3d6b1ffa15148.jpg

I don't specifically remember that part, though maybe its generally part of the thing about how Haney wanted him to eliminate his big miss and Tiger wanted to keep bombing???

i'll have to read it again. google-fu came up empty-handed. memory suggests that haney recalls tiger coming to him to fix getting stuck (hence weakening the grip and incorporating the laid-off position at the top), but later tiger said he left him because he wasn't meeting tiger's distance goals which, according to haney, they never discussed. but i could be completely misremembering and/or fabricating.

It wasn't meant as an attack on anyone person's views, just a thought about where we might be after he's gone.

i think we'll be in an as good if not even better place once he's gone. if rory can just get a little more consistency in his game but keep his swagger and power, and if spieth keeps up his steady-eddy play and winning while doing things the "right" way, we will FINALLY have a true rivalry in golf among arguably the two best players in the world. tiger had no equal during his prime, so there was no real rivalry. hell, the ryder cup rivalry was more focused on tension when phil and tiger would play together! think of the great potential in spieth vs mcilroy all square on the back 9 sunday with the cup on the line. i can't imagine it being any better!

Nevermind, TW fans are over reacting to your comments and the way you phrased some of them. I get it, it's on them. My bad, Not sure what I was thinking.
I haven't gigged one person on the subject.

If I wanted to troll, I'd call him Eldrick and move on. I simply made an observation, then it went down hill from there.

I said I should have expected it because I should have. It's not overwhelmingly popular in the Tiger Thread to bring up the end or discuss his fans in general.

As I said a few posts ago, to each his own.

Nevermind, TW fans are over reacting to your comments and the way you phrased some of them. I get it, it's on them. My bad, Not sure what I was thinking.

Now you've got it

?

(Nevermind my apology a few posts before to the Tiger fan who I wasn't initially clear too)

Got it - its hard to determine tonality of questions from behind a computer - cheers!

If TW never wins again, I can share with other fans the beating Colin took for two days at the Masters with other fans.

Was a rough couple days but I'll live. :alien:

Back