The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Didn't most of these guys plan for new deals this year because of upcoming TV deal would lead to bigger caps and contracts?

That's for the 2016 off season. This year they opted out to make about $3mil more because of this years cap increase

Didn't most of these guys plan for new deals this year because of upcoming TV deal would lead to bigger caps and contracts?
Sure but he could take a discount this upcoming season and at least give them a break before the piggy bank is broken the following season

First day of free agency!

Do webs e a shot at LaMarcus?

I think it is a very, very low chance. I think them getting Aldridge means that Dwight will not be resigned once his deal is up (player option in 2016-17; which could be good or bad), unless they want to lose any shot at retaining any depth that they currently have. I would probably rather retain Brewer, Smith, Dwight and add as much realistic depth as possible this offseason (as well as hope for health). Aldridge is a great player, but I don't think he would be a great fit to the team as he is a volume shooter and would take away shots from Harden and Howard.

I think it is a very, very low chance. I think them getting Aldridge means that Dwight will not be resigned once his deal is up (player option in 2016-17; which could be good or bad), unless they want to lose any shot at retaining any depth that they currently have. I would probably rather retain Brewer, Smith, Dwight and add as much realistic depth as possible this offseason (as well as hope for health). Aldridge is a great player, but I don't think he would be a great fit to the team as he is a volume shooter and would take away shots from Harden and Howard.

While I agree on the volume aspect that Aldridge commands, wouldn't that be better than Howard and his inconsistent scoring? (Esp at the ft line). Without seeing Howard's full 2014-2015 stars, the eye test tells me Aldridge is more consistent scoring wise.

Looks like Bulls are about to lock down Mike Dunleavy 3 years $15M

oh and Anthony Davis is signing an extension for 5 years $145M

While I agree on the volume aspect that Aldridge commands, wouldn't that be better than Howard and his inconsistent scoring? (Esp at the ft line). Without seeing Howard's full 2014-2015 stars, the eye test tells me Aldridge is more consistent scoring wise.

I still prefer Dwight. Sure, the FT shooting is abysmal, but the guy has shot just a hair under 60% in a Rockets uniform, which is phenomenal, compared to Aldridge's ~46% over the same time frame paired with the elite defense. Of course, their shot selections are completely different, but I just think the deviations in Aldridge's game won't fit in as well with the team as he seems to be feast or famine a lot of the time. Honestly, I think Love is a better fit in Houston than Aldridge, although Aldridge is probably the better player, but I don't think Houston will land either one. Aldridge also took the majority of his shots (35% of his shots at 40.9% accuracy) from mid-range compared to anywhere else on the floor, which is a big no-no in Morey's eyes, although I think he could look the other way with a player of Aldridge's ability.

Some big deals are coming through so far today:

Also, that is a large offer for Millsap. Not sure if the Hawks match.

Not surprised at all about Lillard. I suppose Miami had to pay the money but because I haven't seen him play much I wonder if he's really worth it; is he really that good?

Not surprised at all about Lillard. I suppose Miami had to pay the money but because I haven't seen him play much I winder if he's really worth it; is he really that good?

I really liked him during his time in Houston. I think it is probably a slight overpay, but you usually have to overpay to keep a guy. Miami should have a decent lineup if Wade re-signs and the team is remotely healthy; Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside

Also, that is a large offer for Millsap. Not sure if the Hawks match.

Broussard is now reporting that the Hawks have matched the Magic's offer, and Millsap is deciding between the 2 teams. If Millsap stays in Atlanta, it's going to be really hard for them to also resign Demarre Carroll to keep that starting 5 intact from last season.

$18M for Dragic lol

I just really want OKC to get the Kanter deal done asap

oh and Anthony Davis is signing an extension for 5 years $145M

Probably the best young player in the game and locked down for the duration. Good call, despite me not believing in this type of league, anybody is worth that dough outside of maybe James.

One thing I am sick and tired of is these players that keep saying "Its about titles" and "Its about the team around me" and then opting out to command more money. If its about anything other than the dough, sign for less and build.

Broussard is now reporting that the Hawks have matched the Magic's offer, and Millsap is deciding between the 2 teams. If Millsap stays in Atlanta, it's going to be really hard for them to also resign Demarre Carroll to keep that starting 5 intact from last season.

I think Millsap stays, Demarre goes, and they get Hardaway to play defense.

Not surprised at all about Lillard. I suppose Miami had to pay the money but because I haven't seen him play much I wonder if he's really worth it; is he really that good?
I'm surprised, would you rather play for Portland or San Antionio or Dallas???

One thing I am sick and tired of is these players that keep saying "Its about titles" and "Its about the team around me" and then opting out to command more money. If its about anything other than the dough, sign for less and build.

A bunch of guys with that Floyd Mayweather way of thinking. Of course they want to win, but most guys want to get paid while they can.

A bunch of guys with that Floyd Mayweather way of thinking. Of course they want to win, but most guys want to get paid while they can.

And I have no issue with it at all. Just dont come crying back afterwards and say "I need help and support".

Back