so what do you all say when you call?

so what do you all say when you call?
I just straight up say. I am thinking about cancelling my service because I am not sure it is worth the $20 a month. I know there is a 5 months for $20 dollar plan can I be added to that. They just do it. And then when the 5 months is up I call and say if I cannot keep the plan I will cancel the service because I have internet streaming radio on my phone.

When we bought my wife's car back in September, we got 3 months free. About a month in they started calling me to ask about renewing and if I liked the channel selection and all of that. Unfortunately it's my wife's car so I had limited access to it. We did enjoy the selection and everything, but we just don't drive enough to warrant the expense. Plus in the morning and afternoon on her way to/from work, she calls me and talks to me on the car Bluetooth so the radio doesn't work. They were sending me offers almost as much as they were calling me. The last time they called me to make me an "offer" I told them I wasn't renewing and that if/when I was ready I'd call them. I haven't received a phone call from them since. I did receive an offer the other day for 5 months for $20. I'm sure it's limited access, no streaming but we didn't stream the music anyway. I would like to have it for our trips to Cincinnati to visit family but those only happen a couple times a year and it's not worth it to us.

When they first started calling and offering I asked how cheap they could go. They told me $20 a month. I told them I couldn't do that because our car payment went up $70/month with the new car. They wouldn't budge so I let it expire. You'd think they'd offer something to keep a customer but they wouldn't go any lower.

Blocked the Sirius number. Their constant calling was relentless and to be honest I wouldn't do business with them just for that.

I pay $20 every 5 months! Each time the "renewal" comes up I have to call and ask for the discounted "come back to us rate" but it's worth the time to me! It works out to $48/year + tax. (All I say is it's renewal time and the service isn't worth the full price but it is worth the $20 for 5 months and that's what I pay) - I've been doing this for many years now...

Blocked the Sirius number. Their constant calling was relentless and to be honest I wouldn't do business with them just for that.

Same here. Awful.

Ended up getting a pretty good deal from Sirius through my email. Called tonight and was able to get the XM Select for the next 5 months for $20 - total.

Holy crap, y'all are getting off easy. I'm a dope, I guess. I pay for everything for my car, the extra stuff/Stern, etc. and the app for my phone. My wife has one in her truck that's aftermarket and she just has the basic. Stih costs me a fortune! I love it though and couldn't go without satellite now.

I always negotiate a deal with them by. Paying for the full year upfront and it is discounted. Just say you are going to walk away and they will make a deal.

I am huge Howard Stern fan, so they have me by the short hairs.

I just straight up say. I am thinking about cancelling my service because I am not sure it is worth the $20 a month. I know there is a 5 months for $20 dollar plan can I be added to that. They just do it. And then when the 5 months is up I call and say if I cannot keep the plan I will cancel the service because I have internet streaming radio on my phone.

This. I hate making the call, but I mark it on my calendar and it generally takes less than 5 minutes to "negotiate" to this low rate again.

Every time I call to cancel, that's when they start throwing deals out. My radio in my car stopped working, they even offered to send me another one no cost.

Yep, I believe the key is still to actually put into motion your cancellation and firmly demand that you want out and you will eventually get transferred and the last person you talk to is the one who can actually make a lower priced deal as opposed to the first contact India help desk monkiez they now have reading from a script and can't budge very far from MSRP.

I've had XM and/or Sirius since 2003. I will grant that it is harder than ever to get the best possible deals but it's still possible to get lower than the best offer the first point of contact is authorized to make.

Back