Scott Golf SG-02 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have been asked about these by a couple of readers and wanted to put up a few pictures. For those that do not know the brand, they call themselves the "New Standard of High End Irons". Their website is best described as a bit rough around the edges, but wanted to throw up some quick pictures of the SG-02 set (images from their site, not in hand). What are your thoughts?

f77d93d7d583c96207dafaefbd3d4983

69f01c9c92114a686413846d7ca434be

97e7b3133b455bce0020a75349a39ef4

clean look, thats for sure

Not terrible. I guess my eye wants more than just that, and I don't know why.

I think they looks like a more straight edge, player version of the D200 irons

They are clean looking and look to have quite a bit of offset. The pic of the top line reminds me of the TM Rocketballz, cavity is more Adams looking maybe...

Good looking iron to me.

They look nice. I know nothing about the brand.

The hard edges of the weighting doesn't do much for me, but I like the etching in the cavity and the view of the topline with that finish is pretty slick

I am not opposed to the clean, industrial look of those irons.

I like the look....they scream Z-Star irons to me.

Look pretty slick to me.

Clean-looking? Sure. Monochrome, lots of milling on the back.

High-end? Doesn't look it to me. Not knowing anything, but personal opinion the high expense of a set of irons has to do with either the technology involved or the customized experience, both of which require more than some pictures and a website that looks stolen from 2005 to woo me.

They look nice. I know nothing about the brand.

My first thought was "blanks" and not a company that is making clubs in house. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it does seem to be popping up more and more.

Meh, too vanilla for me.

My exact first reaction to them. But honestly I like the clean look of them. Just have ahard time spending a lot of coin a plain CB iron

Don't look like much of anything special over a typical forging. Unless they are doing something special like Parsons I can't imagine these really be "high end"

Cavity reminds me a little of the Wishon 560MC.

Interesting, I think they look pretty dang nice. I'd give them some swings.

I absolutely love the milling in the face. Seems like a unique way to divide the weight as well. Definitely a set I'd be happy to swing a few times to see what kind of quality they are working with.

Only negative I see: Could probably soften some of the edges.

Clean and classic look for sure.

I like the cavity and the fact there is no cheap tin foil badge or medallion in there.

The profile almost looks like Ping Answer with a little bit of offset.

Not bad.

I'll add that they suck at taking pics.

THANK YOU. That's what I was thinking of when I saw them, but I couldn't put my finger on the iron I thought they looked like.

I like the cavity and the fact there is no cheap tin foil badge or medallion in there.

Do you know that for sure? Genuine question. I initially thought it was a foil badge and not stamped or milled in there.

Back