JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rounding out the full line of G400 from PING are the new irons.

Untitled-5-M.jpg

Reminds me a lot of the G irons from the back, except the badge looks a bit more fun.

Instantly reminds me of i20s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the back on that. That black medallion looks mean.

Busiest looking PING irons we have ever seen.

Interesting look in the cavity. I wonder what the tech behind it is...

I'm guessing there's a good reason for why the cavity looks the way it does.

I'm guessing there's a good reason for why the cavity looks the way it does.
It'd dampening. The number one complaint on the G irons with the eye cor tech was the face did get thinner to increase ball speeds, but it left a harsh feel/feedback. This is akin to the badging theyve used in the iSeries in the past to help dampen the vibrations and sound to provide a more all around pleasing sound/feel.

I really like the looks of that. That center ring almost looks like it could be some kind of rotating adjustment.

They definitely look like their built for distance. The design is interesting considering how refined most of the other recent offerings look.

This is a departure for a Ping design...I think I like it. Very techy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This is a departure for a Ping design...I think I like it. Very techy.

Is it though? Looks very similar to the previous iteration to me.

Orange again? I thought they moved on from that.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I want to see in-hand pics before I cast any judgement.

Is it though? Looks very similar to the previous iteration to me.
Imo yes with the badging. Significantly for the G series.

images

This will probably surprise no one, but I'm intrigued.

Dampening on the back makes sense to me - the G was a step back in terms of feel from previous G-series irons, in my opinion.

Also, this kind of has a death star look to me. around the COR-eye.

Orange again? I thought they moved on from that.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
FWIW I believe it's actually more of a coppery color.

images

Take away the dampening and its darn near the same. FWIW I think I actually like the G400 look better than the G.

Instantly reminds me of i20s

Interesting. They remind me nothing of the i20's. To me they look more like the i200's went off their diet and got badged up in black.

Last edited:
Also, are we back to black as a standard lie angle? All of the stock pictures from the last iteration were yellow.

images
Sure, iterative. I think the black moulding stands out to me.

Interesting. They remind me nothing of the i20's. To me they look more like the i200's went off their diet and get badged up in black.

Idk, must be all the black backing

I want to see in-hand pics before I cast any judgement.

Absolutely agree. I've always leaned more to the i series than the G, and I think this will be consistent here as well.

Interesting. They remind me nothing of the i20's. To me they look more like the i200's went off their diet and get badged up in black.
Outside of the color black, I'm with you 100%.

Also, are we back to black as a standard lie angle? All of the stock pictures from the last iteration were yellow.
I always thought that switch to blue as "standard" was confusing to the average consumer. The lie angles never changed per color, just that Ping chose to sell blue as standard as they found it fit a larger percentage of golfers than black. Why not just change black to blue? They changed all of the colors a few years ago when they added a bunch (I went from orange, to purple to red over the years), so don't tell me it was for consistency.

That circle looks very interesting on the back, I'll be curious to hear if it actually does something or is purely aesthetic.

Back