against the collar I tend to use my sand wedge. I open it up and and use the blade with my putting stroke.

Messes with my head if the collar is very tall or not very manicured.

I use either a chipper or 7 iron without any difficulty for shots like that

I like to turn the putter around and use the toe from here. Have been able to do it with pretty solid success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to turn the putter around and use the toe from here. Have been able to do it with pretty solid success.

This is intriguing. Do you side saddle it? Putt it like a normal stroke just perpendicular?

This is intriguing. Do you side saddle it? Putt it like a normal stroke just perpendicular?

I honestly change my grip back to my normal wedge grip and make a modified putting stroke. I believe Zach Blair did this last year at the players and drained a putt on the island green. Again this will only work if you have a putter that works. Like a blade style putter.
http://www.pgatour.com/video/2016/0...inner-vijay-singh-on-no--17-at-the-playe.html

Thanks. I am going to try that tomorrow morning. I fear I will toe it (toe of the toe) and shoot it straight to the right.

Thanks. I am going to try that tomorrow morning. I fear I will toe it (toe of the toe) and shoot it straight to the right.

Well remember that you don't need a big swing because you are basically swinging down on it which pops the ball up a little and gets it rolling fairly quickly. At least that is what I have seen.

Haven't had this happen much that I recall but thinking 7 or 8i would be in hand.

Depends on the green speed and the uphill / downhill status but neither usually works out well for me. The bladed wedge is my best shot although far from consistent!

I use my wedge. I play it forward in my stance and take a putting stroke with it hitting the middle of the ball and getting a nice roll. I find it better than putting as I concentrate on hitting the middle of the ball more with my wedge.

I've been practicing using a wedge to hit around the equator of the ball with a putter stroke. If the lie allows, I will hit down using my putter with a little forward press.

My course give these out like candy at halloween. I like to putt this, but I put the ball way back in my stance, weight way forward, and strike downward on the ball. It pops out with a good bit of forespin, so it comes out hot. It takes a bit of practice to get the feel for how far it will go, but it has worked really well for me.

I really enjoy putting and all types of putts, but this is the one I really don't care for. Usually end up pulling a hybrid instead. When I had a blade putter I had also tried that toe first method, but wasn't as effective as a hybrid.

Putting from the collar doesn't bother me at all. I just change my set up a little and let'r rip.

I move the ball up in my stance so that it's even with the inside edge of my left foot & choke down on my putter a little. This creates topspin the on the ball & helps it roll through the collar better.

Not real high on the list of favorite shots to take.

Unless the collar is super high compared to the green, I'll just choke down the slightest amount on the grip and putt like normal.

I honestly change my grip back to my normal wedge grip and make a modified putting stroke. I believe Zach Blair did this last year at the players and drained a putt on the island green. Again this will only work if you have a putter that works. Like a blade style putter.
http://www.pgatour.com/video/2016/0...inner-vijay-singh-on-no--17-at-the-playe.html

I've done this. But you're right you gotta have the right putter to do it. The #7 doesn't work well.

It actually forces me to think about speed way more than I usually (flawed- I know) do. I'm usually pretty successful with them

The. Worst. Never have a clue what to do there. I've seen guys blade it with wedges, but I would have no touch on that.

I prefer not to have this shot, but when I do I don't have too much trouble with it...blade a wedge or choke down on a 5 wood, both with a putting grip and putting stroke.

Does not bother me at all, and do better with the putt than with the chip

I have never had much luck trying to putt this one. It almost always results in grass between the putter face and the ball and it comes out like a marshmallow, or compensate by hitting it firmer and away it goes. I've tried the hybrid route and normally it comes out very hot. I know I should practice it more......

I also use a hybrid for this sometimes.Just have to practice it once in a while so you can judge the speed off the hybrid face.

Back