UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - May 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of months ago we kicked off this amazing monthly drawing and this continues for May, the THP & UST Shaft Spectacular. Each month two lucky THPers get the tour treatment as 2016 continues to #ChangeTheGame. For those looking at what this is all about, check out the Live Update Thread from the February edition and see the surprises. Or here for the March thread and see the surprises.

When & Where
May 13th & 14th
They will be happening every month through July
UST HQ in DFW, TX

Cost & What's Included
There is no cost at all to you, outside of your traveling expenses (airfare, hotel, etc). Your days there are on THP & UST and that is complete with all of the below.
Tour the UST Facility
Test Product on Launch Monitor
Get fit for new product
Equipment involved (so far here is what we have seen)
Round of Golf
And much much more

Itinerary
Friday - 5/13
Tour UST Mamiya
Equipment & Shaft Talk & Education
Lunch
Fitting
Dinner

Saturday - 5/14
Golf

How To Get Involved
Getting to be a part of this special program will be by sign up each month in the respective threads. Your 2016 Albatross Club membership is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

It Said Equipment What Does That Mean
It changes every month and the program will be different every month. One month it might be all about the driver, the next month it could be irons and so on. It will be a surprise when you walk through the door and are greeted by THP & UST and you never know what will be included. The only thing we can say on this is, prepare to be surprised and no two months will ever be the same in their entirety. We have seen new Callaway drivers given away, new Miura wedges and so much more.

Signing Up
All you have to do is signup in this thread and let us know that you want to be a part of this amazing couple of days and why. Please also include this information.
Your Current Shafts in each club in your bag

Good luck everybody

YES!! Those dates work for me! :D

#KiddingNotKidding

Round 4 Time!

Need to check schedule for May. Hoping I can try for this one.

I can make these dates, BOOYAH!! Hahaha

Stoked to witness next week to get a taste of what the May winners will experience!

Wish I could. Unfortunately out of town that weekend.

If anyone can make this, you need to sign up!

Sooo tempting, I have to talk to the "boss".

Great event, would love to take part.

Set up is as follows:

Driver - Aldila Tour Blue (R)
4W - Aldila Tour Blue (R)
4H - Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (R)
5-AW - True Temper XP 95 (R300)
52 Degree Wedge - True Temper R200
58 Degree Wedge - True Temper R200
Putter - Odyssey stock steel

Thanks for the opportunity.

Ready for my fourth chance to get in this event! I would love to be a part of this I can learn a lot from the Shaft Yoda himself. Spent a little time with him recently. Enough to know I need to learn a lot more.

Driver - Speedrulz 50 Red Stiff I wanted to try a little lighter shaft than my Speeder 665

Fairway woods - Speeder 665 Stock shaft and seems to work well. Cut 1.25" to be more like a 2 hybrid

Hybrids - Stock Project X and seem to suit me fine. Like a slightly heavier shaft like these than is offered in some hybrids.

Irons - Just bought Callaway's Apex CH 16s with Recoil 110s Stiff. Love the shaft, and decided on them after dealing with elbow issue.

Wedges - KBS Tour V125 stick that came with wedges. But want to transition to Recoil 125.

Putter - Stock Scotty shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love a chance to get fit by the best, especially after seeing launch angles and spin rates way too high.

Driver: Callaway GBB Grandura 590
3w: GBB AD DI-7s
7w: SLDRs AD DI-7s
25 degree: SLDRs Fujikura Speeder 82g S
5-PW XR Pro KBS C-Taper 120g S
50-54-58 TM Tour Preferred KBS Tour V wedge flex

There could only be on possible reason why I'm not signing up to try and win this trip: I'm in New York with THP and CURE putters taking the CURE! I will have to be patient and try for this one in June, assuming there will be that opportunity. I envy those that get picked for this, however.

I want to be part of #THPShaftSpectacular with THP and UST because I know my knowledge in shafts in lacking and I know of no better way to get a crash course in shaft tech then with Danny/Lindsey and crew in TX, direct from the source, UST!!!

Driver - Diamana Kai'li stiff
Fairway - Project X LZ 6.5
Hybrids - UST Elements Chrome stiff
Irons - Matrix Program F15 95s
Wedges - Stock TT and KBS
Putter - Stock steel

Yes!!!! I want to be a part of the UST Mamiya Shaft Spectacular!!! I'm needing desperate help finding the right shafts for my clubs so we're enmeshed. I know the great peeps at UST could be an incredible help with my game by giving me that key to the lock of perfectly fitting clubs!

Driver: Diamana Whiteboard 70S
Fwy: Diamana D+ 82X
Hybrids: Tour AD-DI 85X
Irons: TT XP95S
Wedges: TT DG S400
Putter: stock SeeMore 37" counter weighted

Last edited:
Be a kick a$$ birthday weekend that's for sure!

Would love to be a part of the two day contest. I purchased some brand new M2 irons at a price I couldn't pass up, but they didn't have the graphite shafts I would have preferred. I got steel stiff shafts, but I only paid $400.00 for 4-AW so being fitted up with new shafts would be a dream. I only play a short course here in my own neighborhood, so I don't own a driver, 3W or 5W. But I'm waiting for the M2 line to come down in price. Thanks for the opportunity.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you can make this work, sign up. If you can't, fix that and then sign up. It's a no brainer.

(I hope someday I am fortunate enough to tee it up again with Nate, Lindsay and Danny.)

I so want to be a part of this. I just went to Bertha irons with the Recoil 460 shafts, and I would love to see what the UST shafts would do in my other clubs. Plus, it's always fun to hang with another THP member and crew.

Driver - Ping TFC 189 Reg Flex
3 and 5 woods, Fujikura Fuel Reg Flex
4 and 5 Hybrids - Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara Reg Flex
6-AW - UST Recoil 460 F3
54 wedge - TT gold wedge flex
58 wedge - KBS Tour V wedge flex
putter - ??? what ever steel shaft Seemore installs stock

Thanks THP!

Have a wedding to attend.....

Damn wedding.

I would love to be apart of this event and really see what UST could do for me. I really think I'm in a few wrong shafts but don't really know what direction to go in.
Driver- UST elements chrome+
Fairway- Stock Aeroburner Matrix speed rulz
Irons- KBS C taper lites
wedges- stock vokey shafts
Putter- Stock Scotty Cameron shaft

I've really enjoyed watching these weekends unfold from the sidelines, but really starting to wonder if I need to get my name in the hat as well.

UST has been so awesome to THPers this year.

I've really enjoyed watching these weekends unfold from the sidelines, but really starting to wonder if I need to get my name in the hat as well.

Go for it, what do you have to lose?

Sweet I can finally make one of these! Entry below, thanks again to THP and UST!! I would freaking love to be a part of this, I am becoming a huge shaft nerd now and I'd love to gain even more knowledge from another set of industry experts.

Current Shaft Setup:
Driver: Custom Project X One-Off (65g, somewhere between a 5.5 and 6.0 flex)
3W: Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki Z 65, stiff (69g)
Hybrids: Project X Blue, 6.0
Irons: Aerotech Steelfiber i95, stiff (soft stepped once)
50* wedge: Dynalite Gold XP, wedge flex
54*/58* wedges: Dynamic Gold, wedge flex
Putter: No idea, whatever steel shaft Piretti put in there

Odds are pretty damn good man.....insanely good for a FREE experience!

I would love to be part of this event!

driver shaft : Fujikura SIX Reg Flex
5 wood: Matrix white tie 70 gram reg flx
3,4,5 hybrids Matrix Radix S reg flex
5-law : Project X 95 flighted 5.0
putter: True Temper Putter Shaft

Back