Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Preview Thread

Not much at all. Half an inch maybe. When I head over to the THP Tour Van, I will snap a picture for you.

What was weird for me was I had the best ball flight when I was just a touch towards the fade setting as well. And that's usually disaster for me. Every adjustable driver I've ever had has been set to draw. And that includes my fitting with Duffy. Granted that was with an X flex and my time with the GBB was in a Stiff flex, but just interesting to me I needed a slight fade setting

What was weird for me was I had the best ball flight when I was just a touch towards the fade setting as well. And that's usually disaster for me. Every adjustable driver I've ever had has been set to draw. And that includes my fitting with Duffy. Granted that was with an X flex and my time with the GBB was in a Stiff flex, but just interesting to me I needed a slight fade setting

For me its a face squaring thing...Or maybe its just in my noggin. But I am actually hammering this thing and could not be happier right now. I have tested it against every driver that has come out in the last 12 months and still hit it better.

I had really good results while fitting it on the simulator like that, but out on course I am more confident with it set a little towards draw.

I'm not seeing any ballooning, even when I had the loft set to 10. With this driver it has been all carry. I'm seeing pitch marks close to ball. I've dialed it back down to 9, mostly because I was hitting this thing very high, and we were playing in a strong wind this weekend.

Love what I am reading on this so far!
Maybe in contention to knock my gamer out of the bag for 2016, spring will tell

I just can't get this off my mind. Man I wish Texas hacker was a righty lol!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't get this off my mind. Man I wish Texas hacker was a righty lol!

If only you knew someone local.

Your on my list to track down and play a round with! Sunday?!?!

Fun is the best way to describe my time with this driver. Control is the other word. I had to take a couple lines the caddies suggested and the ball stayed the course. The forgiveness is suprising. Not the actual fact that Callaway created a forgiving driver. But where my ball ended up after I struck it on the toe and the heel. Still in play and not unplayable as far as distance is concerned.
The elevation changes today were drastic so the hang time I saw on down hill s***s was pretty spectacular. And the driving peas I was hitting going uphill were just as nice. My carry distance was well past what I'm used to in florida. This driver and some rare air of the mountains of Las Vegas are a good mix.

Well I got some great news today. My local golf store helped me out with the sliding weight issue and reached out to Callaway and were able to get the club repaired. I'm pretty excited to pick it up and give it another whirl.

Well I got some great news today. My local golf store helped me out with the sliding weight issue and reached out to Callaway and were able to get the club repaired. I'm pretty excited to pick it up and give it another whirl.

That's great news! Hope it's solved and you don't have any further issues

Not much at all. Half an inch maybe. When I head over to the THP Tour Van, I will snap a picture for you.

Per the request from Chas. Here is where mine sits.

c4879aed34af08b80dc38b970854d315.jpg

That's the same place I have mine and only left shot is when I pull it with my swing and that hasn't happened much since getting this driver.

Of callaway comes out with a better driver in the next few months, I'm gonna be mad.

It's scary to think they can improve on this driver. It is the real deal and I love it.
I actually feel that way about the 815, now I haven't hit the GBB yet but just can't see gaining much over the 815. Callaway does make some awesome woods.

I actually feel that way about the 815, now I haven't hit the GBB yet but just can't see gaining much over the 815. Callaway does make some awesome woods.

Its a definite improvement. I freaking adored the 815 and thought the exact same thing heading into review this, that there was no way it was an improvement, I was wrong. VERY VERY VERY improved ball speed retention on misses not just laterally but vertically as well, and honestly wants to keep the ball in play much more for me in terms of spin axis tilt on my misses.

Stopped by my local shop and they happened to have a 10.5 available for demo. I plan on taking this to the range tomorrow and letting it tag along for our CA weekend. I have been crushing my 815 but after reading through much of this thread, I'm excited to try the GBB. Has anyone played it with the PX LZ Handcrafted? My thought was to swap my gamer in and see the differences.

As much as I liked the 815. It seems like light years behind the GBB.

I have mine set at Draw +1 and am hitting frozen rope cuts. Long and strong all day long. High or low, what ever is needed. Absolutely love this driver and have the same confidence I have in my mini.

As much as I liked the 815. It seems like light years behind the GBB.

I have mine set at Draw +1 and am hitting frozen rope cuts. Long and strong all day long. High or low, what ever is needed. Absolutely love this driver and have the same confidence I have in my mini.
You guys are killing me.

Does moving the weight all the way to the fade setting have the effect of making it more forgiving? I get similar ball flight (straight to small draw) regardless of where I put the weight.

The distances this thing gets on off center hits is the most impressive. Watching Winchell hit one off the heel 280 is silly. PhillyV is happy he gets one in a couple months that's for sure.

Still want...dangit

Back