Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

I hit a ball on 4 yesterday...smashed it! Unfortunately it hit in that tall pine tree straight out about 3/4 of the way up. Crazy how long this thing is, I'm still in disbelief really. Tour Green X is a great pairing for me.

Don't you dare change anything.
True story I snagged Duffy to help him fit jeremy.
.we get done after a few tweaks and Duffy says to me "don't let him change a thing this weekend"

I would of loved to see the numbers from my time on Flight scope. Duffy was like ok you're good. After a loft change.

True story I snagged Duffy to help him fit jeremy.
.we get done after a few tweaks and Duffy says to me "don't let him change a thing this weekend"
I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but momma didn't raise no dummy.

I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but momma didn't raise no dummy.
Says the guy with a full rack of ribs the night before heading home..... You absolutely murdered that thing.

#THPLegacy is done, but the D200 will stay in the gamer bag. It's hard to argue when you feel so comfortable stepping to the tee, on singles day, nerves running high, and you have no hesitation pulling the trigger, hole after hole.

I have hit other drivers well, and some a bit longer, but the overall performance I get with the D200 is just too good.
I'm excited to see this in person this weekend.

Says the guy with a full rack of ribs the night before heading home..... You absolutely murdered that thing.
LOL! Touche. Wilson Staff is legit.

I'm excited to see this in person this weekend.
You might get Rambler's post Legacy swing, but I'll be doing my best to knock it out there.

I looked at one of these at the store today, it had the chrome UST shaft in it, holy crap is that thing light! I was tempted to go swing it but didn't want to hurt myself. I feel like one would have to have super great tempo to swing that thing. But if you can do it it just has to be a bomber.

To put it into perspective however, it is really only about 5-6 nickels lighter than the HandCrafted #TheGrandaddy shaft. Thats it. 5 nickels.

To put it into perspective however, it is really only about 5-6 nickels lighter than the HandCrafted #TheGrandaddy shaft. Thats it. 5 nickels.

That is interesting. Is the head that much lighter than the 815 then? It felt really really light.

That is interesting. Is the head that much lighter than the 815 then? It felt really really light.

No sir.
Dont get me wrong, it is lighter, but I think we are so accustomed to a certain weight that us as players think about and use, that anything a bit different stands out. It felt super light to me when I first picked it up. After hitting 5 balls with it, it was normal. Same with other light clubs. The difference really is about 5-6 nickels in many cases.

No sir.
Dont get me wrong, it is lighter, but I think we are so accustomed to a certain weight that us as players think about and use, that anything a bit different stands out. It felt super light to me when I first picked it up. After hitting 5 balls with it, it was normal. Same with other light clubs. The difference really is about 5-6 nickels in many cases.

Wow thats crazy, but your right I guess we do get used to things feeling a certain way. I may have to give it a swing just for the heck of it next time. I was just shocked how light it felt.

Murdered the driver or ribs

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

#THPLegacy is done, but the D200 will stay in the gamer bag. It's hard to argue when you feel so comfortable stepping to the tee, on singles day, nerves running high, and you have no hesitation pulling the trigger, hole after hole.

I have hit other drivers well, and some a bit longer, but the overall performance I get with the D200 is just too good.

It really is a great club. Looking forward to watching you hit it!!
Mine will be on display in Savannah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murdered the driver or ribs

Definitely the driver. LoL! Ribs, at the end of a big weekend, kicked my butt.

No sir.

I'm right there with you on the 5 ball analysis. At our level of play, it becomes more of a mental issue than an actual equipment issue.

I love this driver. The sum of all the parts and the tech is a forgiving head with great ball speeds and even better looks. The weight didn't even occur to me after the first handful of swings.

I'm willing to bet that if people would take down the mental blocks because W/S isn't one of the bigger OEM's currently there would be a lot more people gaming it. This morning at Martins PGA super store there was a man in The fitting bay trying out all the bigger names. He was putting up ok numbers. The fitter went over and grabbed a D200. Told the man don't look at the bottom of the club. Just swing it. His numbers were much better. Launch went up, spin went down. Distance went up. The fitter let him hit about 10 balls with it. Then told him go ahead and look at the sole of the club. The man hitting balls was shocked that it was Wilson Staff. The fitter said play what works not what your buddy's say you should play.

I love this driver. The sum of all the parts and the tech is a forgiving head with great ball speeds and even better looks. The weight didn't even occur to me after the first handful of swings.

I am beyond excited to see you use this bad boy in person.

I am beyond excited to see you use this bad boy in person.

I played a few rounds with him. It's amazing the ball flight Curtis is getting. And it's long! So be prepared.

I played a few rounds with him. It's amazing the ball flight Curtis is getting. And it's long! So be prepared.

Well he already hits it long, so if it's longer, I'm pretty damn scared!

Army Golf hit it really well.

I'm willing to bet that if people would take down the mental blocks because W/S isn't one of the bigger OEM's currently there would be a lot more people gaming it. This morning at Martins PGA super store there was a man in The fitting bay trying out all the bigger names. He was putting up ok numbers. The fitter went over and grabbed a D200. Told the man don't look at the bottom of the club. Just swing it. His numbers were much better. Launch went up, spin went down. Distance went up. The fitter let him hit about 10 balls with it. Then told him go ahead and look at the sole of the club. The man hitting balls was shocked that it was Wilson Staff. The fitter said play what works not what your buddy's say you should play.
I've got no mental block whatsoever with the name on the bottom

Back