It never ceases to amaze me how resilient kids are. In the district playoff's for my daughter's softball team (league age 9-10, so there were some 11 y/o calendar age girls playing) our pitcher, who is 9, took a line drive to her left thigh. It was a shot off the bat and she had no chance. It seemed like the impact reverberated over everything and the whole crowd reacted with the same gasp...silence. It took her a few minutes to get back on her feet, but she gathered herself and finished pitching the inning and the rest of the game.

Pretty good composure on your part not coming out of the dugout yourself and letting another coach handle it.

My son was HBP 7 times last season, so I've got a lot of experience there! We've learned that the kids tend to react a bit better if it's another coach tending to them, so if your son gets plunked, you stay off to the side. These players are 7-9 yr olds, so sometimes there can be a bit of an over reaction. They're definitely resilient though, that's for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son was HBP 7 times last season, so I've got a lot of experience there! We've learned that the kids tend to react a bit better if it's another coach tending to them, so if your son gets plunked, you stay off to the side. These players are 7-9 yr olds, so sometimes there can be a bit of an over reaction. They're definitely resilient though, that's for sure!!

I've learned my kids tend to react better when pretty much everything is handled by another coach. I think sometimes our kids aren't able to separate the constructive criticism of coaching from the "Don't do this!" and other interactions needed for parenting. This past winter my daughter had decided she wanted to play softball. At that point she would be a first year player as a 10 year old, so I had her in the basement working on batting by hitting off a tee. I had her swing a few times and told her to adjust a few things. She tried it and went back to her way. I corrected it again, she reverted back. It went back and forth until we both got frustrated and any further work would be counterproductive.

A week or so later we signed her up for a hitting camp at an indoor facility. At the end of the camp I took her back downstairs and had her go over everything she learned in camp and what the instructor told her to work on. After she finished I waited a second and told her that all that sounded familiar and asked her if she had heard it somewhere before. She thought for a minute, then got a sheepish grin when she figured it out. She's a little more receptive to teaching now but I usually let another coach do the heavy lifting.

I've learned my kids tend to react better when pretty much everything is handled by another coach. I think sometimes our kids aren't able to separate the constructive criticism of coaching from the "Don't do this!" and other interactions needed for parenting. This past winter my daughter had decided she wanted to play softball. At that point she would be a first year player as a 10 year old, so I had her in the basement working on batting by hitting off a tee. I had her swing a few times and told her to adjust a few things. She tried it and went back to her way. I corrected it again, she reverted back. It went back and forth until we both got frustrated and any further work would be counterproductive.

A week or so later we signed her up for a hitting camp at an indoor facility. At the end of the camp I took her back downstairs and had her go over everything she learned in camp and what the instructor told her to work on. After she finished I waited a second and told her that all that sounded familiar and asked her if she had heard it somewhere before. She thought for a minute, then got a sheepish grin when she figured it out. She's a little more receptive to teaching now but I usually let another coach do the heavy lifting.

I honestly cant wait for sports with my son. I am a big kid at heart and love sports and to be able to share that with him is going to be a blast. And I can totally see stuff like this happening. I was the exact same way with my dad.

I honestly cant wait for sports with my son. I am a big kid at heart and love sports and to be able to share that with him is going to be a blast. And I can totally see stuff like this happening. I was the exact same way with my dad.

I was too. It's the circle of things, I suppose. I told that story to my dad and he just sat and nodded. And, there's nothing better than watching your kid smile after a big hit or making a good defensive play.

I was too. It's the circle of things, I suppose. I told that story to my dad and he just sat and nodded. And, there's nothing better than watching your kid smile after a big hit or making a good defensive play.

My 20 month old has been swinging around golf clubs and hits the ball every now and then. He always yells after he hits it "YAAAYYY" its infectious. And its a great reason to play more golf when he gets older.

Wow 42 Oz of formula a week for these boys! Little eating machines

Wife created a little announcement with our dogs. Thought it came out good
uploadfromtaptalk1437519227790.jpg

Congrats Robman!

congrats sir

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438081532.382379.jpg

This young man and I shared something this weekend that I will forever hold on to. I'm damn proud to have him as our son.

Yes it was, a little bubba like but awesome

View attachment 21161

This young man and I shared something this weekend that I will forever hold on to. I'm damn proud to have him as our son.
You and Lee have done a great job with Matty and Katie. A testament to the people you are. 2 amazing kids.

Thanks buddy. I'm super excited and can't wait
You will be an awesome Dad. Just let your wife teach your kid to drive... Haha

Signed our 4 year old up for soccer. I played when I was a kid, but I'm really hoping they don't ask me to coach because my soccer knowledge is severely lacking. Paging Freddy Kong.....

Hey guys! Please welcome Grady Philip to THP. He is the reason for missing a whole bunch of events this year and I am OK with it. Born 8 days early on 7/26/2015. 7 pounds 8 ounces.
759e1bf5c604ccf59ae88c881337a344.jpg

He's adorable! Congrats!!!

Congrats Ag!

Back