Things that you do differently when you know you're having a good round

Reaction score
Handicap
So when you're playing well and you're just focusing on the Gulf of it what are some of the things that some of you guys do differently than when you're having a rough around or maybe even just an average round? The reason I ask this is I found myself coming up 18 on Sunday with a even-par round and I was hitting the ball spectacular I was putting okay and my thought is no longer am I going to hold on to this but how do I make par? When I setup on 18 my thought no longer became hit it to the middle of the green from the middle of the Fairway and hope to make a. Instead what I found myself doing is thinking what would the pros do they hit it down the left side of the Fairway so it have a better angle and that way if I miss I have a greater opportunity to hold that section of the green. What things do you guys do differently and it may be something with the putter it may be something at the iron but I'm just curious for everybody thought.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I usually blow the round open by going for glory at some point. If I'm truly playing smart it starts off of the tee... 4 iron or less on tight holes if I will have less than 160 left. Aiming center of the green if my lie isn't perfect... stuff like that.

REPEAT! My focus is on staying in the moment. When I'm playing well, the game slows down. I can sense every movement and I just try to soak it all in.

When I don't think about golf mechanic I play well. When I just play I play well. When my mind wonders off a bit in between shots I play spectacular.

If I think about golf during the round I might miss here and there. If I ever think about the swing during the round or in my preshot routine I'm toasted. Playing good golf is like walking on the balance beam sitting on the ground. Playing bad golf is like walking on the same balance beam 50 feet in the air.

When I play well I don't hold back in the swing and I don't think about what can happen if I miss the shot.

When I play badly I'm focusing on a few details in the swing that HAS to be done correct and I also think about what can happen if I miss the shot(if I don't do all these things correct), then at about 17th I give up and just start playing relaxed and it works again and I wanna play another round!:clap:

Just staying out of trouble and keeping it rolling. Keeping yourself in check whether good or bad is the key to this sport

Focusing,not being overly aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing nothing different is the best plan of action for me.

i start by blading an easy pitch over the green, recover and one-putt, then 3-putt the next GIR

focus a little harder on tee shots and approach shots.

like yogi once said "how do you expect me to think when I am trying to hit a baseball", I try not to think and just take what my game is giving me.

I try to focus on the next shot, making sure it is a good swing, good shot.

I actually took on my 3 wood, siwtch from Driver on 18 this past Sunday as I had a good round going. With water down the right side, I aimed left and kept it down the left side. Left me with 170 in as opposed to 140, but I was dry and helped me hit my approach to the middle of the green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I take practice swings. Hahahaha

Seriously though, not much, other than I do slow down on the greens with my reads.

Normally ID say nothing. BUt last May when I had a great round going I got quick around the greens and had 2 awful reads. So I try to slow it down a little.

Minimize mistakes.

Honestly I try to just play my game and not overthink anything (swing, strategy or otherwise). More than likely the reason I'm playing well is I'm executing my plan, so the best way to keep that up is to continue the present course.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The only thing I do different is the fact that I don't have as much walking to do nor as many swings to take. My thoughts are basically the same. My decisions may vary a little only because I am striking better balls and playing better golf and so I know that I have a little more stuff I can pull out of my strength side of my bag that day. But then I also know I still need to be careful because this game reminds me very quickly not to ask for too much as it will slap you.

I tee off with the intention of hitting the short side of the FW in order to place my ball as close to the green as I can for my second shot. Worked pretty well yesterday. Could have done much better if I hadn't left 4 putts 2 or less inches short and center of the cup

What my goal is to really find the line that will take the most trouble out of play if I hit the ball too short or too far on approach.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

When I'm playing well, I just keep playing. Being in a groove is just that and doesn't require any special movements. I would venture to guess, that those that notice they are playing well and think about it, don't play well anymore.

I don't have a beer. Unless I have had beer. Then I have another or two. Seriously, not making a joke here.

when it is going well, it is all about confidence. Between shots I am not dwelling on the last or fretting about the next. I chat and enjoy the round. When I get to my ball, I assess the lie and what I want to do, grab a club and execute. As soon as it lands, i turn off the golf brain for another 2 minutes until I get to my ball again.

When it is going bad, there is too much time spent rethinking the last swing and worrying about what comes next.....

It's when I'm taking my time on my shot and sticking to my routine.

Tempo, sequence and timing are good...slow and relaxed.

I noticed I swear a lot less when I'm playing well lol. My tempo is definitely a lot more consistent when I'm playing well. I don't have to worry about my swing losing it's sync. When I'm struggling, it's all I can think about.

Back