No "sweet spot" on new irons

extremehotrod

Reaction score
Handicap
Got fitted for some new Taylormade M2 irons. Have been swinging them for 2 weeks and cannot find the sweet spot as my best shot feels just like a mediocre shot. Regardless of how well I hit or miss the shot (within reason) I CANNOT feel any difference. When you hit the shot "pure" (for lack of a better term) you should feel that great compression and release and it's not happening. Has anybody else ever had this issue? About ready to unload these irons and start looking for a different set of irons. Any feedback appreciated.

is it just the general feel of them, or is the shot being mediocre too? The whole lack of feedback or more consistent feel is something we are seeing with some of the larger, forgiving irons.

Feel and feedback are certainly subjective but those are the two main reason I switched last fall from my XR Pro irons to my Srixon 765/565's.

I love the feedback that my Srixon's give, not so much with the XR Pros.

Got fitted for some new Taylormade M2 irons. Have been swinging them for 2 weeks and cannot find the sweet spot as my best shot feels just like a mediocre shot. Regardless of how well I hit or miss the shot (within reason) I CANNOT feel any difference. When you hit the shot "pure" (for lack of a better term) you should feel that great compression and release and it's not happening. Has anybody else ever had this issue? About ready to unload these irons and start looking for a different set of irons. Any feedback appreciated.

I had a similar issue with the TM RSi2's. The design takes away from the feel you are describing. Great forgiveness and performance, but I found myself missing the feel of a well struck shot.

I can definitely detect a distinct difference in feel between a well struck and poorly struck shot with my Mizuno JPX 900 Forged irons. Just wish the good feedback was felt a lot more often.

Moved to golf forum for greater response

Had a set a RAZR irons I got rid of for this exact reason .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can definitely detect a distinct difference in feel between a well struck and poorly struck shot with my Mizuno JPX 900 Forged irons. Just wish the good feedback was felt a lot more often.

I can report the same with the JPX 900 Hot Metals.

I have the M2's and for sure can feel the sweet spot in these. I cannot describe it, I can only say it feels like my practice swing with a very distinct "clack". Almost effortless, actually one of the longest irons I have ever hit. To bad I am returning them this week to TM for a set of 2016 M2's. I hope these work as well as the 2017 versions did. https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?88608-2017-TaylorMade-M2-Irons/page4

Back