How many putts do you make a round?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't mean total number. I am talking about par saves, birdies, eagles. Basically how many significant putts or one putts do you make?

3-4 per round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a tough question. If I had to guess, I'd say 5-7 a round. I'll usually drain 2-3 birdie putts, and will make 3-4 par save putts/round.

Depends on the day but I'd venture to guess 2-4, or the correct answer is not enough

maybe 2-3.

Typically 3-4 I'd guess.

Most of my putts are fairly ho-hum two putts where I'm making par or chipping on and then two-putting for bogie. These are typically putts not in the makable one-putt range (i.e. outside 12 feet). But 3-4 times a round, I'm rolling in a birdie, a par save, or yes, a one-putt to save a double and avoid a triple.

Based on my last round, I would say 4 and can go +/- 1 or 2 from there.

I have no clue, but thinking back to my last two rounds I would say around 5 or so.

Way more than I deserve lately...

The one putts I make are frequently balanced out by my three putts

Not a ton, usually about 2-3. I'm usually pretty good from 6-8' but will only make 1 or so a round over that unless the stars have aligned.

Typically about 3 - 5 outside of 3 ft.

Varies by round. Oftentimes I can't buy a putt. Some rounds I can make putts I have no business making.

It's not score-related either. Sometimes I think "It could have been even better if some putts would have fallen" but just as often I think "Wow, it could have REALLY sucked if I hadn't made those putts".

recently it's been only 1 or 2 if any. My putting has been dreadful.

Depends on how my short game is that particular day. Like yesterday, had 1 birdie & two 1-putt par saves for 9 holes ... so I'd say 3 - 4 per 9 holes

Would guess 5-7 on average per round.

Usually around 3-5 per round depending on the day. Some days I can't make a significant putt to save my life and other days it's like I can't miss.

I am in the 4-6 camp.

Hard to say since knocking in a 3 footer to get up and down for par is a big putt for me. But I'd say 1 or maybe 2 per round that are over 5 feet.

A couple of weeks ago, that number was either 0 or 1. I couldn't make a putt to save my life. Now that I've changed my grip, I'm making many more 8-10 footers and even rolling in some 15-20 footers on occasion. I'm feeling much more confident now, so I would say that number has probably jumped up to the 8-9 range now and still getting better.

This is one area I have been very pleased with lately. It took me a little while to get used to the Spider putter but now that I am comfortable with it my putting overall has really improved. I am making almost all of my 0-8 foot putts now. These are the up and downs/par saves that are so crucial to keeping scores and handicaps low.

As far as a total number of important putts per round I would say that I am making 4-6 of those putts now per 9 holes. Whether it is one or two birdie putts from 15 feet or those 6 foot par saves that I mentioned before, I am very pleased with where this area of my game is currently.

Just played 9, made 3 putts all to save par. Not one birdie made. Those are the ones I want to fall. Too many chances falling short today.

Just played 9, made 3 putts all to save par. Not one birdie made. Those are the ones I want to fall. Too many chances falling short today.

Was the same story with me yesterday. Burned the edges all day for birdie but made 2 solid putts to save par. I had picked the right line, they just didn't take the break as much as I thought or I hit it just a touch too hard. Back at it again Saturday morning

If I shoot well usually 5-8, if I don't shoot to my capability under 3

On a good day 4-5 per round.

Back