Normal group or different people

TTime

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys usually stick with the normal group you play with, or do you try and play with a lot of different people?

I have varied groups of people that I play with. It's fun to change it up. THP has helped a ton with that.

Only really have one guy I play with regularly, so we often get matched up with singles or another twosome. If he isn't available, I just play with whoever's got a spot open.
We're a fairly small club, so I do know most people at least casually. Occasionally I'll get matched up with total strangers, but that never bothers me. Still the same game.

I don't have a regular group and frequently sign up for tee times as a single, so I'm always playing with different people.

I don't have a regular group and frequently sign up for tee times as a single, so I'm always playing with different people.

Same for me as the majority of the golf I play is during weekday mornings because of my work schedule. I'm almost always going out as a single and getting paired up with people.

I do have a regular group, usually go as a single and pair up with a group. I would like the consistency that the regular group brings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do both. i have a regular group that has been playing together for the better part of 20 years. but i like to play different courses and will tee it up with either THPers or go out as a single.

it is so much easier having a "regular" group when either in your 20's or in your 60's........family, home improvement projects, travel, work seem to make it soo damn hard just to get a group together even once a month. Meh.

I have a few people I usually golf with, but if I just go to the course to play, I know I will almost always find someone to pair up with.

I play with the same 12 guys every Saturday but usually play with various friends on Sunday's .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my regular local group but always try to tee it up with new folks when ever I can. You never know who you might meet?

I have my regular local group but always try to tee it up with new folks when ever I can. You never know who you might meet?

I do the same but lord at some of the weirdos you meet on random groupings.

I will play with anybody but I typically play with the same group as our schedules just make it easier.

I have 3-4 groups that i golf with regularly. If i go alone its usually just me, most of the local courses wont put you with another group.

I have 3 groups I alternate regularly. However I also play solo a few times a season.

I have a regular foursome and we play at least twice a week. I'm also in two golf leagues, so twice a week get to play with different people.

I have a couple of guys that I have been playing a lot with this year and of course my wife. But I also play a lot with people I don't know and get paired with. I really enjoy meeting new people and making new golf friends. Sometimes I get clunkers, but mostly I have been lucky with meeting great people.

Wondering if you guys usually stick with the normal group you play with, or do you try and play with a lot of different people?

I have a couple of regular people I play with a lot, but we have 50+ guys in our weekend skins group so you never know who you will play with.

I do the same but lord at some of the weirdos you meet on random groupings.
Yes I have run into some strang habits on the course. I just try to get them comfortable as quick as possible

A buddy of mine paired up with with 3 guys at LA Quinta last year. He said they only talked to each other. He comes to a par3 and proceeds to make his first and only hole in one. They were so busy with each other they never noticed. He told us the story and we couldn't believe it. We were having a drink and his group walked in and never said a word. I walked over with a pitcher of beer and asked if someone in their group had had a hole in one. They said, some guy in our group claims he had one but we didn't see it. I asked if he pulled the ball out of hole when they reached the green. They said yes and had blank looks on their face. My buddy comes over and says he was the guy and they had no clue. We left the pitcher and 4 glasses. I aid when your fourth comes in the beer is on us.

The pro overheard us because my buddy is loud. Took him back to the hole, took a picture, had it framed and sent to my buddy. Apparently the guys he played with give everyone the cold shoulder. That might be the weirdest group I've heard of.

I usually end up as a single at public courses, but have more or less been playing with the same group on weekend mornings at my club.

I have my "normal" group, that when work allows we get out and have a good time. But I also take every chance I can to go. Sometimes it ends up solo, sometimes I get an invite from someone I don't know. Just a couple weeks ago I was asked by an elderly gentleman if I wanted to pair up with him and proceeded to get my @ss waxed. Dang ole' sandbaggers.......:beat-up:

I don't really have any playing partners so it's always new people or playing solo for me.

I don't really have any playing partners so it's always new people or playing solo for me.

Hit me up whenever you want someone to play with kapp, I'm happy to get out there with you again!

I play with whomever is able to join me which is usually different strangers because I will typically just take a random day off from work whenever to play 18

I have 2 co-workers that I play with 2 or 3 times a week, and about 5-6 guys that will play a round with us once in a while.

Back