Bridgestone J815 Driver Review

Believe it or not I hit the 715 better the next time I had a crack at them.

not hard to believe at all...you have a pretty decent swing and the j715 is solid and when paired with the right shaft is a great driver(kind of missing mine at the moment).

Just got this is for a test drive. With a Tour AD MJ - 6 shaft.

402a42a11621467e68f92fef01abcc70.jpg

03eb0c60d646bbde0d9c4a462d0af99b.jpg

94994e1f01c44532a1adcee6b5f69572.jpg

It's a 9.5 in stiff. Will be playing a 10.5 on X for Legacy so this is pretty close. Gotta say, I don't mind the looks really at all. Now to get some numbers.

Brett you're going to kill the ball with that. And you'll be stunned by the launch you see.

Yeah, it's solid. Had about 6 in a row in the low 160s. Almost never do that as I hit it all over the face. It's got pretty serious forgiveness for sure. Forgot about how it looked after about 5 swings.

Flight is a little low for me at the stock 9.5 setting but not a problem. I think 10.5 will be perfect.

915a47d413f9f52a691c173dbeba1d6c.jpg

Took this out to league play for its outdoors inauguration. We play a short track for the nine holes so only hit it a couple times. First was the toughest par four. Narrow fairway with trees right and OB left. Hit a slight push mid height missile to about 275 yards uphill. Ended up in the right rough but s good result. Did not hit center face and it just didn't matter.

Second drive was on the long drive hole. Just smashed one. Great contact, nice mid-high flight and put me 180 out on a 490 yard par 5. Yeah, never been down there before, ever. I think I'm going to LOVE playing this driver this year and for many more.

The sound is fantastic, and that AD-MJ 6 shaft is just so smooth feeling. I'm even growing fond of the transformers head.

I love it Brett. Its such a silly good club.

Believe it or not I hit the 715 better the next time I had a crack at them.
I hit the J715 head in Pittsburgh, along with the 815 I was striping in Orlando, back to back.
No contest - 815 was MUCH better for me, in terms of distance, flight, and results.

I sure hope JB can bring the 815 with the orange UST Mamiya shaft to KC!!

this looks like the driver that tony starks would play...

too busy for me...

I hit the J715 head in Pittsburgh, along with the 815 I was striping in Orlando, back to back.
No contest - 815 was MUCH better for me, in terms of distance, flight, and results.

I sure hope JB can bring the 815 with the orange UST Mamiya shaft to KC!!
I'll have mine w Fubuki there.
this looks like the driver that tony starks would play...

too busy for me...
Many have said that, until they hit it.

Such an underrated driver that if given the chance will blow people away. If not for my comfort with my BBA815 & I would have this one in play.... Who am I kidding, I still might go find one just for fun.

Just got this is for a test drive. With a Tour AD MJ - 6 shaft.

402a42a11621467e68f92fef01abcc70.jpg

03eb0c60d646bbde0d9c4a462d0af99b.jpg

94994e1f01c44532a1adcee6b5f69572.jpg

It's a 9.5 in stiff. Will be playing a 10.5 on X for Legacy so this is pretty close. Gotta say, I don't mind the looks really at all. Now to get some numbers.

ermagherd Brett, that combo sounds like it would be fanfriggintastic! that shaft is legit! the combo you have in your hands has to be pushing $750!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ermagherd Brett, that combo sounds like it would be fanfriggintastic! that shaft is legit! the combo you have in your hands has to be pushing $750!!!

Yeah, it's not cheap. I think the test drive listed the value at 680. Thanks to the generosity of Bridgestone, I get this combo as part of my Legacy bag. Someone pinch me!

Yeah, it's not cheap. I think the test drive listed the value at 680. Thanks to the generosity of Bridgestone, I get this combo as part of my Legacy bag. Someone pinch me!

daaaaaaamn! good for you. if you make it back down this way, can I hit that beauty? please? pleeeeeeeease?!

Bridgestone J815 Driver Review

daaaaaaamn! good for you. if you make it back down this way, can I hit that beauty? please? pleeeeeeeease?!

You got it! Looks like work is bringing me back down to Orlando towards end of july...

2016? the anticipation may kill me! or do you mean July :)

Yeah, July. Edited the post. And if it doesn't work out, I know this driver will be back in the test drive stable by then. For 20 bucks you can try out this Ferrari yourself.

sounds like a fun combo. Hideous in looks though.

its not that bad looking :p
I really do want to try this out

sounds like a fun combo. Hideous in looks though.

its not that bad looking :p

just the shaft colors going in to that head. I like the red crown and the graphics on it I got over.

I don't think it looks that bad, the red writing and thin stripes in the upper shaft actually match the red pretty well. Yeah, admittedly the yellow isn't the best.

its not that bad looking
Believe it or not, I was going to send you home with mine this weekend for as long as you wanted to try it.

I believe that and damn I wish I could make it. You know how crap can come up though :(

We need to get a round in before school starts for you and football starts for me.

I am going to be in Tulsa in a couple of weeks for a meeting, I bet I could get out early for some golf :D

Believe it or not, I was going to send you home with mine this weekend for as long as you wanted to try it.

I believe that and damn I wish I could make it. You know how crap can come up though :(

We need to get a round in before school starts for you and football starts for me.

I am going to be in Tulsa in a couple of weeks for a meeting, I bet I could get out early for some golf :D
Just let me know!

Want to get my hands on this club so bad. If it was at PGA SS in the end of April it would be in my bag right now. Wanted to get it out on the course 1 more time before I buy but the time I played it at Bridgestone U might be enough for me to purchase online

Yeah, July. Edited the post. And if it doesn't work out, I know this driver will be back in the test drive stable by then. For 20 bucks you can try out this Ferrari yourself.

awesome! if you have time, give me a shout and we'll get out one the course. I'm currently test-driving the j15 hybrid. the program is so cool! and this hybrid is bada$$.

Back