rain check policy at your course/s

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I always thought my county has some sort of rain check policy that had at least some sort of allowance. That was till yesterday when I lost a round after just 3 holes. Reason ive never had this happen in all the years here is that I am careful and always make sure I will check radar weather before I go out. Not that Ive never had to quit before due to rains but never had Ive had to quit before at least 10/12 holes due to rain and even that has been rare. And so in all the years Ive never really had to question nor concern myself with a rain check policy. Nor is it something writtin so noticeable anywhere either.

None the less, the radar was looking to be in my favor for most if not all of a round and as usual is only why i went out. Of course mother nature throwing a curve ball on contrary to the radar is not the courses fault at all but I was disappointed with all the money I spend on my county courses that I was unable to obtain a rain check for my round having walked off after only 3 holes.

Whats your policy if there even is one? Or like mine is it all about hitting your first tee shot and then being locked in or lose out?

At Dubs if you play less than 6 holes you get 18 holes, up to 14 you get 9 holes and nothing after that. It is a dollar value not a hole rain check so what you get depends on how much you paid.

At Painted the policy was you told us how far you got and you got a rain check for the rest. Again a dollar value so it all depended on how much you paid.

Also rain checks apply to your next round. You can't just come in and play x amount of holes.

Never heard of a course around here that didn't offer rain checks.

Everywhere I play gives rainchecks based on the amount of holes completed (under 5 = full 18, 5 to 13 = 9). One course ever started giving people a voucher for a free 18 if they tee off in the rain.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

You would have gotten a 9 hole rain check where I play, once you play 3 holes you lose the 9. Golf now only refunds if the course is closed do to weather. I personally don't mind playing in the rain.

The course I play most of my round at switched to a full 18 rain check no matter where you are at in your round policy this year. We have had really great weather since they started this policy.

You will get unplayed holes credit generally in the Pittsburgh area unless you tee off in the rain, then it's debatable if you will get a rain check at all.

You will get unplayed holes credit generally in the Pittsburgh area unless you tee off in the rain, then it's debatable if you will get a rain check at all.
As it should be.

I live in Oregon, you are expected to play in rain

There is a sign at the register where I play that says , " when in doubt, don't go out"...NO RAINCHECKS.

I've got 3 rain checks from 3 different courses. None were from rains, one from light hailstorm another from wind and the last was just personal. All 3 gave full 18 holes credits no questions asked. I keep spending my money there.

I sent a respectful email to the county committee and so I'll se how they respond.

I should mention something here that I wasn't gpoing to bother getting into but.... why not? What I had received that day was a earned round. Every so many rounds (Ibelieve like 15 or 18) something like that you get one free at certain times on certain courses. I don't keep track but when coincidentally at a given course at a given time it will just pop up on the screen and they'll say "you got your earned reward round available today, do you want to use it?" And so as always I say "sure".

But still their policy is the same weather a paid round or reward round. basically there is none. You hit a ball, your done.
For me, losing that reward round is as bothersome to lose as a paid one. It has the same worth in my head towards my golf budget so its as important to me as if I paid. A tad easier to take I suppose but still pretty much as meaningful. None the less I am hping they see all the rounds Ive plated and see it kind enough to reinstate my reward round back on my account. We'll see how they respond.

I paid a discounted rate of $29 through idealgolfer for a course that was normally $60. It started pouring out of nowhere my the 2nd hole and they gave me a rain check for $29 not 18 holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rain check policy at the course I play is - once you hit your first drive no rain check! Thankfully it doesn't affect me or my foursome as we have yearly golf memberships (with cart included) and can play once a day, all year with no additional fees.

I paid a discounted rate of $29 through idealgolfer for a course that was normally $60. It started pouring out of nowhere my the 2nd hole and they gave me a rain check for $29 not 18 holes.

That is exactly what they should have done. It is a dollar value, not a hole value.

6 holes or less and you get a replay.

The rain check policy at the course I play is - once you hit your first drive no rain check! Thankfully it doesn't affect me or my foursome as we have yearly golf memberships (with cart included) and can play once a day, all year with no additional fees.

You can only play once a day? We have members who play two rounds a day most of the time.

My home course is a full 18 re-play if you are on twelve or lower when you're called in.

Yeah they don't call you in at my course, I guess if the course is flooded they will but you are mostly on your own to decide if you want to tempt lightning.

That is exactly what they should have done. It is a dollar value, not a hole value.

I'm not complaining. That place has $29 rates in the afternoon all the time.

Yeah they don't call you in at my course, I guess if the course is flooded they will but you are mostly on your own to decide if you want to tempt lightning.

Now that I think of it, I don't think they call you in. I usually just head to the club house for a voucher when I see lightning. I'll play in any type of weather so long as I'm not risking my life.

Now that I think of it, I don't think they call you in. I usually just head to the club house for a voucher when I see lightning. I'll play in any type of weather so long as I'm not risking my life.

Yeah with you there, rain is no big deal but if I see lightning or know is about 5 min I head in. I think most courses choose not to use a horn so they don't risk not blowing it in time and ending up liable.

You can only play once a day? We have members who play two rounds a day most of the time.

The contract for our golf membership states once/day, monday-friday. There are other membership packages available, but we chose this one. We know the starters so we can get in another 9 or 18 no problem.

well....never got a response from the emailing the parks/golf committee member.

The courses in my area know me and have great rain check policies, and also will offer it if I get called in to work (granted those are usually on weekdays before noon, and I would exchange it as such) if you are upfront and polite with people they will usually treat you like a regular.

The courses in my area know me and have great rain check policies, and also will offer it if I get called in to work (granted those are usually on weekdays before noon, and I would exchange it as such) if you are upfront and polite with people they will usually treat you like a regular.

perhaps at a private course. But municipalities are a different thing.

Back