rajohnson

Reaction score
Handicap
I am in need of some chipping advice. It is the part of the game that I consistently struggle with. I always hit it fat. I think my setup is good, slightly open stance, weight towards my left side, hands ahead. I think my problem is my left wrist breaking down, and letting the club pass my hands, and in doing so, the clubhead usually contacts the ground before the ball.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ra...Sounds to me like the setup is pretty good. It is critical for this shot that the hands and wrists stay quiet. If you get a chance go to THP TV and check out volume 1. It is all about the chip shot and how to play it. If you have any other questions about this shot let me know and I will do what I can to help.

I watched the video, it was very good. It did not have very much on the hands. Are there any drills or tips to keep the left hand firm?

Rajohnson...grab a second golf club. Grip your club normally but let the second clubs grip extend well past the grip of your club....like 4-6 inches of shaft above your grip. what I am trying to say is use 2 clubs to make 1 long club. With this shaft sticking out by your side if you flip the wrists the second clubs shaft will hit you in the ribs to let you know. Let me know if I need to explain this better.

Sounds good, I will give it a try. Thanks.

Back