How's this for a selection of Whiskeys?

72e6583d50b037b1dc96f78507bcecf4.jpg

That's the good stuff. The stuff that makes men, real men.

any recommendations for a scotch to someone who has a sweet tooth? I would need something smooth with as little medicinal alcohol taste as possible.

Buffalo Trace or Bulliet. Johnny Red is nasty to me, sorry.

Buffalo Trace or Bulliet. Johnny Red is nasty to me, sorry.

Buffalo trace and Bulliet are bourbons though, he's asking for a scotch.

And I'm with you, not a big fan of Johnny Red either, but if he wants a sweet ish scotch, he'll have better luck with blended.

any recommendations for a scotch to someone who has a sweet tooth? I would need something smooth with as little medicinal alcohol taste as possible.

I can think of several nice, very smooth Scotch whiskys, but, picking one specifically for someone with a sweet tooth is a real challenge. I would try The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year old single malt if you're sure you want a Scotch.

I can think of several nice, very smooth Scotch whiskys, but, picking one specifically for someone with a sweet tooth is a real challenge. I would try The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year old single malt if you're sure you want a Scotch.

Ooh, that's a good scotch indeed.

Ooh, that's a good scotch indeed.

I probably drink bourbon more often these days, but Scotch used to be number one. Balvenie is a very good one. There are several that many would consider better, perhaps, but this one doesn't require a second mortgage--not cheap, mind you, but manageable.

No go on the Gordon and McPhails? Anyone? Bueller?

Sorry man never tried it. Would love to hear how it is if you pick some up.

Buffalo trace and Bulliet are bourbons though, he's asking for a scotch.

And I'm with you, not a big fan of Johnny Red either, but if he wants a sweet ish scotch, he'll have better luck with blended.

You are correct sir, my bad. red is still nasty :D

Got a call from the liquor store, a bottle of Pappy may or may not be there for me

Fact.

68981a391ebf829a54f07fa8b4e2ff47.jpg

Got a call from the liquor store, a bottle of Pappy may or may not be there for me

That is pretty dang special. Run or drive as fast as you can and pay that man what it costs!

That is pretty dang special. Run or drive as fast as you can and pay that man what it costs!

I've been chasing it for a while. My Amex is on file so when it hits I'll have it.

I would love to come across a bottle of Pappy. I've never even seen a bottle.

I would love to come across a bottle of Pappy. I've never even seen a bottle.

This will be the first bottle I own. My old boss had one and that was the closest I came to one.

I'd look into something finished in a fortified spirit cask or dessert spirit cask, think port or Sherry or Sauternes. a couple I have enjoyed were a glenfiddich finished in Sherry cask (12 year that comes in a red case iirc) and a glenmorangie nectar d'or finished in Sauternes casks. the glenfiddich wasn't too expensive, but the glenmorangie was a little pricey.

you probably want to stay away from heavily peated scotch if you don't like that medicinal/band-aid note. though honestly, it comes with the territory for most scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a scotch but for just a Whisky for a sweet tooth that's not hard to drink (trust me I'm a wuss and can't drink most drinks mentioned in here on the rocks) William Wolf Pecan is amazing. And at $23 a bottle u can't go wrong

I've been drinking all types of whiskey on this cruise

Back