What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aftet making numerous bad swings on my way to a front 9 42, I figured I would be bettet served relaxing in my air conditioned house than ingraining those bad swing habits I had today.

What kind of shape was it in? When I played a few years ago it was great and the greens were killer fast. Loved the layout. Also had a 301 yard drive with a 3 wood there. You probably know the hole I am talking about

It's in great shape. I have not played it in a few years so the greens were a little slower than I remembered. The greens they lost are perfect again. I know exactly what hole your talking about. I didn't hit it 301 but I got home in 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in great shape. I have not played it in a few years so the greens were a little slower than I remembered. The greens they lost are perfect again. I know exactly what hole your talking about. I didn't hit it 301 but I got home in 2

good to hear. I was saddened by that news that they lost them.

good to hear. I was saddened by that news that they lost them.

They all look good. You guys need to make your way back up. But that's for another thread

Had a blast today playing with Deuce MBurnham and Scarnici.

Went 40/47 for an 87.

8/14 FIRs 4/18 GIRS 32 Putts.

Very very happy with the round today. Navigated the course well and minimized mistakes if the iron game was a bit tighter, had the potential to be a low round.

I played Mountain Meadows today and was 1 under for 5 holes and ended up shooting a 95. It was my first time there and I loved the course and the greens rolled beautifully. My driver was on the entire day but I mentioned my chipping yips to console someone who had pretty bad putting yips and then I shanked every chip for the remainder of the round until the very last hole. It was pretty humiliating and I had gone four rounds or so without a single shank and had been chipping remarkably well. Well I'm looking forward to a better round or two this coming week.

I decided to get back out there today and assuage my fears of being a regular "back 9 meltdowner"...I failed. 43/48=91. I better bring a protein bar and/or hit the gym because apparently I'm wearing down on the back 9.

Did have a personal best drive of 295y (with a 3 wood; don't carry a driver) which beat yesterday's personal best by 5 yards.

Shot an 86 (40/46) with 31 putts a new low for me at this course. I missed right with driver and irons several times, but at least I know what the issue is (and am working to fix it)

I usually struggle on this course as it is longer from the white tees than I normally play (6450) This was a decent end result overall even though I struggled on the back 9.

44/41. Ironically made a long put on #1 for bogey and three putted 18 for bogey. Front 9 felt worse than 44 and back nine better than a 41.

91 today in the second day of my tournament. Surprisingly, I think I played pretty darn well. My trend continues though - I have a lot of good holes, but my bad ones are really bad. If I can ever get back to having bad holes be bogies with an occasional double, I'll start scoring again. Hard to score though when every bad hole is a triple.

Oh yeah, darn near got nailed by a golf ball too. We had gone up to look to see if my partner's ball had managed to avoid the hazard or not. It hadn't. As we drove back, one of our group members hit his shot, but he was having a bit of difficulty with shanks. Hit hit it 90-degrees right and it came right at us. I slammed on the brakes and the ball passed about a foot in front of our cart. That ball was moving too. It would have really hurt...my partner who was on that side.

Last edited:
91, 100 plus degree heat index, some rain, and inconsistency off the tee all added up to one of my highest rounds in the past several months. On a positive note I'm still hitting my irons well and putting decently.

Totally redeemed myself today with a 37/35-72 (+2) in the second round of a tournament this weekend after an ugly 84 yesterday. This kept me out of last place in the championship flight, which was basically my goal for today.

I played quite possibly the cleanest, most boring round of my life, with 1 birdie, 3 bogeys, and a pile of pars. My rounds typically high drama but today wasn't. I hit 8/12 FIR and 12 GIR, which was night and day compared to yesterday. I made 9 straight pars on the back, which was a first for me as well.

It all added up to my second best 18 hole score! This was a very good day filled with really fun golf. Can't beat that.

Turned in another solid round yesterday. 42/39-81
Had a stupid 4 putt & I lost a drive OB on the front, or it would have been real good.

It was somewhere in the neighborhood of 186 degrees yesterday, but I played anyway. Got around in 73 - somehow.

I guess the good part of the highlighted statistic below is I was able to play in the shade a lot. Weird round...and weirder swing.

Scorecard_zpsomezky1s.png

Had a pretty solid day on the course today. Struggled off the tee with the driver, irons were on point and the putter was a LITTLE more helpful than yesterday.

35-36
-1, 71
2 FIR
14 GIR
32 PUTTS

Shot a 94 after an 89 yesterday on same course. I tried to work a power fade of the tee a few times to kept me from going to far left but got mixed results. Irons were pretty flat and not crisp at all on the front nine. Slowed down the tempo a bit and loosened up and hit some really nice approach shots on the back. Short game and putting is the only thing keeping me from shooting over 100 right now. I misjudge a pitch or chip every so often but I also leave a lot of makeable one putts. Sunk some mid length par and bogey putts as well today. If I can just find a few more fairways a round I feel like I can consistently shoot 80s. I need to figure this driver thing out.

43/40-83. Played really well today except for 2 triples. Seems to be a theme for me this year. I'm having more blow up holes this year than I can ever remember having. Seems like a real bad tee shot and the wheels completely come off for me.

82 for my birthday round. Honestly ive been striking it pretty well and my chipping has been on the money but unfortunately today I missed some putts and hit the water for a double.

86 and it was the tale of two nine's out in 47 and in in 39. I did nothing right on the front 9, but I am very happy about being able to turn the back 9 around and post a decent score

Second round in the 80s this week! Things are heading in the right direction!

Rebounded from a bad front 9 to an incredible back! Started the day with a triple bogey and a birdie. Wasn't sure what I would be facing all day. After the front was done I just regrouped and refocused. The back started with a par 5 - one I would never reach in two but today the wind was at my back for a 240 yd second shot so I decided to go for it. I ended up hitting a beautiful shot that took an unfortunate bounce into the water to the right of the hole. But I was able to get up and down to save par and start a run.....even through 7 holes. The last two I gave away a par on the 17th when I chipped up and missed a short par putt. And then 18th was a bit of a disaster losing a tee shot in the heavy rough - had to be sitting down and we just couldn't find it and then I had to lay up as the pin was highly guarded. My 4th shot I shanked a little 60 yd pitch and Into some heavy fescue which I got out and up on but a long two putt to close out. Was glad when that hole was over!

To say that I'm super pumped about the way I rebounded is an understatement. Normally I'd fall apart and "quit" after a bad front. I've just been hitting it so well with my driver and hitting more GIR than ever that I know if I just stick with it good things will happen!

47d2c817ee8b118030bb89884a68e5e3.jpg
71208f7a9f15981ddacbe88b069dc2e8.jpg
e4b7f72901fe7feffbfcb88e354135a3.jpg

No excuses other than I hit some real Stinkers today.
39/41 for 80
4 bogies, 2 doubles, and 12 pars
Life goes on and will try again tomorrow.
Played the Tips-Blue Tees

cypress.jpg

Had a pretty solid day on the course today. Struggled off the tee with the driver, irons were on point and the putter was a LITTLE more helpful than yesterday.

35-36
-1, 71
2 FIR
14 GIR
32 PUTTS

2 fairways? Jesus lol not Dave Winchell golf

Shot a 79 today but it was filled with junk putts. I actually had 2 birdies and a hole out eagle on a par 4. If it weren't for those shots I would of been in the mid 80's. I blew so many makable birdie and par putts again today it's getting frustrating. I could putt pretty well but I can't read a green lately to save my life.

Played a quick 9 from the middle tees on a 2800 yard side. Really had to point and shoot. Still fighting the hooks, but hit some solid shots and shot a 1 over 37. One bad drive and a 3-putt cost me a chance at breaking even par on nine holes for the first time ever.

mXrgiIn.png

A solid 81! I started off really good +2 after 7 then went +5 over the next 4 holes. I bounced back in the back nine with a 39 including a birdie on a 535 yard uphill par 5. Sweet drive, new hybrid to 20 yards short of the green and chipped it within 3 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back