Catching Someone Cheating in Tournament Play...... Frustrating or Satisfying??

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
Is there anything more frustrating yet rewarding than catching someone cheating 5 plus times in a round during a Member Guest???

I played in one with my college roommate this weekend and I cannot recall someone trying to get away with so much stuff and being a complete A--- about it.

1) Rolling the ball in the rough when we were playing lift, clean and place in the fairways only.
2) Trying to play from a wrong tee box because that is where he always played from for his "age" group
3) Not putting out from 2 ft during the aggregate portion of the round and seeing he forgot because his friends would always give that to him.
4) Teeing up in front of markers
5) My favorite..... Stepping in front of his partners skulled wedge shot to stop it by the hole and saying he simply didnt see it. I could have called him for a 2 shot penalty but just to make him mad, I made his partner replay it and he skulled it again across the green.

With every infraction we called them out on they would walk in our line or walk while we were putting... The finisher was when they drove right next to a green and slammed the brakes twice during my partners pitch shots and a couple of other times on the back nine.

Fortunately, they finished dead last in our flight after leading in round one. It was just frustrating that grown 60+ men felt the need to act like this on the golf course. It amazes me what people will do for $100 in pro shop credit.

Wow!, karma is a b*tch and you can only hope she visits them often.

BTW...catching somebody cheating would be frustrating. Always good to assume everyone is playing golf for the right reasons. Sad/frustrating when you see the inner workings of some people.

Definitely frustrating. Nothing satisfying when it comes to somebody cheating.

Pretty bizarre. Definitely would say frustrating. Sounds like a miserable round.

LOL what a pos. All the rounds I play are either relaxed or a real tournament, luckily have never had to deal with that kind of crap. At that point I would stop paying attention and make sure he was a DQ

The last comment is the nail on the head. Do not underestimate the stupidity, arrogance, and greed of others. You will always end of being shocked/disgusted by what people think is appropriate.

wow all of that from 1 guy, man thats crazy

Probably one of those types that once someone calls him out for cheating everyone else will start telling their own stories about his cheating.

Just sad, that's all!

Shrug - some people are ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH... How is cheating even fun for these tools?

If someone is doing something illegal and they don't realize it, I'll politely let them know that next time they can't do that. If someone is cheating intentionally with the hopes of not getting caught, I'll start calling them on anything I can and then report them when the tournament is over. I can't stand a cheater. It's just like a thief. I used to play with one a while back all the time, but I finally had enough and lost it one day. I haven't played with him since then.

Honestly after catching him trying to cheat for the 3rd or 4th time, I would have called the pro shop. Golf is never fun when you're having to babysit your opponent because they are trying to cheat.

And to me it's never satisfying catching someone deliberately cheat because it means that I then have to keep a close eye on them the rest of the round, which diminishes my enjoyment of the round. Very frustrating.

That's why I don't play many tournaments at my club. This is all to common but not usually as obvious as you described.

Probably one of those types that once someone calls him out for cheating everyone else will start telling their own stories about his cheating.

That is exactly what happened yesterday....

Was he the Member or the Guest?

i guess i would be frustrated if i lost, but satisfied if i won. i wouldn't really be satisfied catching somebody cheating because i hate conflict and would rather just win. winning solves everything.

I played in a member-guest two years ago where a fellow competitor played my ball (parallel holes) and said it was an honest mistake because he was playing Callaway balls and so was I. I asked him if he noticed the sharpie line and dots that were on my ball before he hit it and he said "I thought those were manufacturing defects." /facepalm

I let most of it go, but I've never seen anyone cheat quite that much. I see plenty fluff their lie a little, maybe move their ball out of a divot. Whatever. They have to sleep at night. Besides, I find that most of those people really aren't that good to begin with, and despite 'cheating' rarely actually gain any noticeable benefit from it. About the only thing I call people out on is walking in my line, and when people can't add their score correctly. Which happens a lot. I truthfully, it has to do with most rounds being casual and people just not paying attention.

~Rock

That's just ridiculous.:disapointed:

Back