JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
On a flight, which is worse?

Armrest guy: person that has made it a decision that it's his armrest and if you want a piece you have to run elbow sweat

Leg Spreader guy: person that has decided it's necessary to spread their legs so far that they encroach into your territory?

What say you thpers?

Both are equally horrible, but leg spreader guy is the worse. It's caused some uncomfortable conversations on a few flights i've taken bc it might be my dumb luck, but leg spreader guy always has the middle seat.

Manspreaders that refuse to move. Almost every day on the train I make it my personal goal to make one of them move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Both are a PITA, but, the leg spreader is a bigger one.

I'll go with Leg Spreader guy, only because I jocket for Arm-rest position immediately upon sitting down so that usually isnt a problem for me

Leg spreaders. You can always fight for some armrest space, but getting a spreader to close up is tough.

Leg Spreader is worse for sure.

The worst is the one I just had Monday. Incredibly heavy guy who leans his chair back all the way, but is so heavy that the frame rocks and it ends up crushing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legspreader for sure.

The worst is the one I just had Monday. Incredibly heavy guy who leans his chair back all the way, but is so heavy that the frame rocks and it ends up crushing you.

I don't believe that is an option in the OP.

Both are bad, but the arm rest is a little easier to combat. The leg spreaders are the worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I don't believe that is an option in the OP.

I didn't see a no write in disclaimer :angel:

If I had to pick though I'm going armrest guy. So many people do it with damn near aggressive nature like it's encroaching their life.

Jim Jefferies stand up bit on this is 100% applicable

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFx1Cpxpx1E

I think it's the legs guy!! It's just sad that people have no manners and consideration for others anymore!!

I get more annoyed by the armrest pirate than the spread eagle.
Sure they both suck but I have a tougher time telling some person to get their arm out of my lap than I do rubbing legs for a few hours jockeying for position.

I've never really dealt with leg spredder guy. The armrest thing drives me crazy though. Everyone gets one armrest, period. The other thing that always seems to happen to me is that I get paired up with the 350 pound man who should have paid for more than one seat to accommodate him. This always happens when we're all crammed into a small regional jet... flying sucks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You guys are talking about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is tough enough being 6'1" and 275lbs ... I take up a lot of space! I don't "want" be that guy who bothers those around me with my physical size, but it's difficult when you have a size 42 waist and a minimal/comfortable leg spread is naturally wider than the seat!

Being a tech sales guy, I'm very conscious of how much space I take up ... I will 99% squish my size into the "allotted" space, that 1% is if I travel after a happy hour and I doze off ... then it's game on for not only the space, but the snoring and wheezing from a dry booger!!

Leg spreader guy. My legs get kind of antsy and I need some room to move them around. I hate it when my legs are confined because of leg spreader guy.

I can live without the armrest, I do need my allotted leg space though and will speak up if necessary.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Leg Spreader..... as you can always try to lean the other way from arm rest guy.

Leg spreader for sure

I'm with the majority. The legspreader being the least preferred option. Even worse is the legspreader from the person that has no physical need / requirement to spread out. Unless you're paying for a portion of my space, stay out of it.

Not in the OP, but another annoyance is when you're sitting in your seat and the person behind you is getting in or out of their row and use your headrest as an assist / handrail to aid in their ingress/egress.

5' 3" 140lb Guy Who Takes the Exit Row when he doesn't need the extra leg room takes the cake.

The leg spreader for sure

Back