I am a [insert handicap] because of...

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I guess this could be both positive and negative. Why is your handicap what it is? What do you do that has gotten you to this point? And what can you do to go lower?

I was stuck in that 10-8 range for a long time, but I've been able to get to where I am because my driving is the strongest it's ever been, and my iron play is getting better.

But I haven't been able to go lower because my short game shots around the green are not close enough, and I cannot get my putts started on my intended line. Speed is good so not many 3-putts, but line is very poor.

I am an 11.5 hdcp because of my general lack of golf aptitude.

I am a 17 because of my driving of the golf ball. A positive note is that I broke 90 at my home course for the first time and that just went down! However, I am constantly hitting recovery shots because I get so mental over the ball on the tee. I feel like I'm trending the right way though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a 10 and lucky to there considering my ball striking!!!

I got sub 10 almost completely because of my short game. I am a 7.6 HC at the moment due to improving my approach shots.

I could be lower if I could improve my putting/green reading, which has been causing me a lot of problems recently.

I am a 22 because I don't play enough on the course to learn management and shot choice.

I am a 9.4 because life gets in the way.

My driving has gotten better, and while my irons are generally more consistent, I could probably drop another stroke or 2 if I could hit a few more GIR per round.

I am a [insert handicap] because of...

My name is Dax...

(Group says, "Hi Dax")

I am an 11 handicap, bc my short game is not consistent, and I can't pull all the parts of my game together at the same time during the same round. If I'm driving it well, my irons aren't sharp. My irons are sharp that day, but I'm spraying my tee ball. There is a lot going on, but I'm a head case at times because of this lack of consistency.

I was very fortunate to hover around 5-7 for years despite infrequent play and practice. I pretty quickly got down to 3.8 this season simply by playing more.

The Epic absolutely helped as it removed any guessing or uncertainty from my tee game due to a welling, then established confidence. But mostly the frequent play sured up my short game and although it didn't happen all the time of course, I felt like I could get up and down from anywhere.

Sadly, I'm speaking in past-tense because I herniated a disc in my back 3 weeks ago while playing. I'm still a looonnngg ways off from coming back, 2018 being the more likely and safest probability.

But I'm rehabbing and really hammering core so I expect to resume my frequent play and again realize my newfound touch around the greens!

I hover around 12 because I rarely play a complete round without a few off-course adventures. Also, a lot of my pars are up and downs...so I don't card many birdies. To get lower I would have to leave the ball on the green and below the hole more often; but where is the challenge in that?

I am a 12.0 handicap because driving holds me back and I can never put together a round where everything just clicks.

I am generally in the 3-6 handicap range because all aspects of my game are pretty decent. When I put everything together I can shoot close to level par, when they're not so good I shoot into the mid 80's, it depends on the day. My chipping and putting have been really good this year for some reason, it was what has hindered my game for years. My iron play is a bit off what it used to be, though so one thing makes up for the other. My driver remains inconsistent but I do get good distance so that helps a lot.

To go lower I need to straighten out my iron game and drive the ball into more fairways. I feel like if my irons are on, a ball in the fairway will find its way to the green with a reasonable look at birdie and that is all I can ask for.

I'm a 7.1.
Strengths are wedge play, putting, and short irons.
Holding me back is tee game and consistency. I just really struggle to hit 10 good shots in a row without a massive hiccup in there somewhere.

I'm a 36 because I don't have the time to really hone my skills and play on an actual course very often. My back injury last year also precluded me from playing or practicing at all last season. That's okay for now. My time will come.

I am a 12 handicap because I am an ok player all around but losing a ball OB and 3 putts keeps my scores high.

I'm a 16 because of consistency plain and simple. I can shoot a 39 or 40 for 9 then shoot 50 on the other 9. Maybe 3-4 times a year I'll play to my potential low to mid 80's and the rest I take a dump at some point during the round.

I can't break back into the single digits because I haven't been able to stop playing golf swing with my irons and I sometimes make a mess of the short game. I have all the confidence in my driver and am hitting that like a player with a much lower cap. I swing freely with that knowing it will perform.

Then with the other clubs I get so deep thinking about mechanics, trying to hit a high ball that will spin and stop on the green that I stop playing golf and start making a mess. Trust is huge.

I am a 9.1 handicap due to my inability to get consistent from within 100 yards.

I am a 5.2 ghin because my approach shots need improving.

I can putt pretty well and I'm an excellent driver.....

I am a 5.9 because of excellent driving distance with multiple clubs, average iron shots, below average approach shots and sup-par putting performances time and again. I was as low as a 3.9 last year but that was due to a tremendous amount of short game practice which is no longer possible due to life! I am happy with my 5.9.

I am a 16 because driver and 3wood are hit and hope off the tee, and very inconsistent. Not a good scorer on Par 3s.

Im a 13.3 because I am now a bit more consistent everwhere in my game vs when I was a 16. But Im also a 13.3 because Im still too inconsistent to be a 10 and can still play like the 17 I use to be.

8 because I can't drive the ball whatsoever. If I could place the ball in the fairway at 160 yards or less, I could be a 1, maybe 2 handicap.

I'm a 7.1.
Strengths are wedge play, putting, and short irons.
Holding me back is tee game and consistency. I just really struggle to hit 10 good shots in a row without a massive hiccup in there somewhere.

I'm an 8.1 for these exact same reasons. I have got to put my self in better positions more consistently off the tee to go lower and it's mostly mental with me.

I'm a 16 because of consistency plain and simple. I can shoot a 39 or 40 for 9 then shoot 50 on the other 9. Maybe 3-4 times a year I'll play to my potential low to mid 80's and the rest I take a dump at some point during the round.

easy solution: take the dump before the round, and you'll be good to go lol

Back