Evok

Don't worry, Be happy!
Reaction score
Handicap
Im in the market for a new putter and of course I know it will come down to me rolling them and choosing what feels best but im just trying to get a starting point. I really like the look of the Odyssey #9 style mallets, they fit my eye and was wondering if anyone is using one and had some feedback. These include any of the same style like Bettinardi BB34, Scotty Del mar, etc. Thoughts?

I have a few of that style. I love them. I have a Odyssey White Ice #9 and a Cleveland Classic #2. I really like how I can feel the toe through the stroke.

I have a White Hot XG #9. It's the putter I pull out when I don't want to make any putts. Just kidding, but I do suck with that thing. I got it because I liked how it looked.

I have a few of that style. I love them. I have a Odyssey White Ice #9 and a Cleveland Classic #2. I really like how I can feel the toe through the stroke.

Nice, I haven't seen the Cleveland classic #2 ill have to check that out as well

Well, the best looking and feeling #9 out there that I have ever rolled/owned is the Piretti Forza

DSC_0192.jpg

That said, I don't know what your price range is. For a #9 though Odyssey would definitely be the safe bet IMO, in the white hot, versa, or even pro-type if you want milled (which can be had for a VERY nice deal on callaway pre-owned)

I have the Tour Black #9 from Odyssey and the Nike Method 003. I prefer the look of the method as it's a little bigger to my eye. When I tend to miss with them they misses are usually left.

Don't forget the Whitlam Gauge Design Little Dog

004.png

LDblkT300.png

There's even a THP review on that one. :alien:

I've read that one! I liked it a lot in fact. The THP review editor does a great job....:angel:

Last edited:
I've read that one! I liked it a lot in fact. The THP review editor does a great jump.....:angel:

Hawk does do swell jumping jacks.

I have a Metal-X #9...I love it! The toe hang that it has works for me, because I have an arc in my putting stroke. I had a face balanced one before that I could miss way left or way right; now my miss is slight left, if at all. I'd recommend figuring out what your stroke type is first - if your a straight back/straight through it may cause you trouble.

They really are nice looking putters but I can't put with #9s to save my life.

I have a Metal-X #9...I love it! The toe hang that it has works for me, because I have an arc in my putting stroke. I had a face balanced one before that I could miss way left or way right; now my miss is slight left, if at all. I'd recommend figuring out what your stroke type is first - if your a straight back/straight through it may cause you trouble.

MX is a phenomenal insert. I'll stand by that until the day I kill over.

MX is a phenomenal insert. I'll stand by that until the day I kill over.

Amen. It feels so incredibly solid compared to the insert in my old Rossa Fontana, which was "mushy", for lack of a better word. It's as close a feel to milled as I've found in an insert putter.

For the record, I rarely jump. Too close to running imo.

Im in the market for a new putter and of course I know it will come down to me rolling them and choosing what feels best but im just trying to get a starting point. I really like the look of the Odyssey #9 style mallets, they fit my eye and was wondering if anyone is using one and had some feedback. These include any of the same style like Bettinardi BB34, Scotty Del mar, etc. Thoughts?

I think this is my favorite new putter on the market. The Versa 9 is silky smooth, fits my eye and my lie angle. Love it.

Consider the NC Gambler Flush. I got it for a steal considering that it's forged and face milled construction.

I actually just impulse bought an odyssey white ice #9 when woot had them @59.99. Love the look and feel when holding this style. Won't be here until Thursday but should be in the bag Friday to play around with.

Don't forget the Whitlam Gauge Design Little Dog

004.png

LDblkT300.png

That's probably one of the nicest looking putters ever. Would love to snag one up.

Old thread I know but i'm really pondering #9 style putter. I rolled a Cleveland classic #2 and a Ping Cadence TR Shea today. I liked how the ball came off the face of the ping.

If you can find an Odyssey White Damascus #9HT you won't regret it. At one time they were selling for $500 but they can be had for under $200 now. I've yet to find a putter that feels like it and I've been through Cameron, Bettinardi and Lord knows how many others. The feel is so unique and I love the look of the high toe. Plus it comes with a rifle shaft which adds to its classy look. I wanted to get a Piretti but I'm in love with the high toe look. I couldn't pull the trigger.

Both the White Damascus and the Black Tour Series are great feeling putters.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Thanks, i'll check them out.

Back