Kentwool Underwear Review Thread

Thanks for the pictures. I will have some thoughts here soon as I have worn them twice now and came away pretty impressed, especially after a round of golf.

I wore these for 27 holes of golf out in the desert this past week and really came away impressed. Solid fit, didn't stretch out during all the golf, never felt like I had wool undies on, and definitely no chafing.

I'll have more detailed thoughts soon for sure.

I wore these for 27 holes of golf out in the desert this past week and really came away impressed. Solid fit, didn't stretch out during all the golf, never felt like I had wool undies on, and definitely no chafing.

I'll have more detailed thoughts soon for sure.

That'll be my focus, for sure. How they stretch is a HUGE deal to me.

So after multiple times use including a round of golf, I really like what I am seeing. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, they keep my body more dry than other brands I have tried or use including UA, Nike, adidas and non golf brands.

I know one question I got early on was "Wool, wont it be hot?" and the answer to that is absolutely not. Wool is considered by many to be the best natural fiber for performance available and the only reason that its not in many shirts and other items is strictly based on cost and margins.

One thing I will add is that sizing is key. They fit the legs well and waist well and I wear 34-36 shorts and pants depending on brand and style and with these I am in a medium.

Awesome info, I am really looking forward to these arriving. I will definitely update with thoughts as well!

I have been able to wear a couple of pairs the past few days and have been really impressed. I haven't worn these while golfing but they have held up extremely well during workouts. Like their socks, the underwear has held up with in dryness factor.

I agree with JB on the wool not being too warm to wear. They feel no different then any other underwear and are extremely comfortable.

I will definitely be looking to add a few more pairs in the future.

I wore these for the first time yesterday and came away indifferent after being in them for 24 hours --- Indifferent until I actually took the time to consider them, as they wore great the whole day! hah! It's one of those reviews where it can be easy to forget without it visible, unless they were riding up or causing discomfort, which neither could be further from my experience.

The stretch was without issue all day. After 24 hours, they still seemed to have the same shape they did when I first put them on. Despite sweating a decent amount around the course, it was never in the underwear area, and at no point did I have to adjust them despite being up and down out of a cart, in a cart for 5ish hours, and while sleeping.

They just wear very well. They will quickly become my go-to underwear for golf and other activities, maybe even more so than my athletic underwear as these seem to stretch just a little bit more. I wear a size 34 waist and the medium are a great fit.

...They will quickly become my go-to underwear...

Lol! Doubt this phrase has been said or written ever before.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wore them yesterday for a range session and it was a bit muggy out and I can say that the performance wool really does hit the mark for me. Most performance undergarments intend to wick away moisture and some do a decent job, but where does it go? Onto the shorts if they are cotton or if they are also performance it goes nowhere. Like most natural performance materials (and there are not many), wool does a tremendous job in this effort and golf is finally catching up.

They are thin, lightweight and feel better than the pairs of Smartwool underwear I have. Never stretching out in the legs is important for me and these fit perfectly.

I'll have these back in play on Sunday and will try and update again.

For those who aren't happy with the underwear performance they experience during rounds, what would you be looking to improve on? Maybe I can consider these things while out on course.

I have worn my pair once and that was for 27 a 27 hole day out at #TheGrandaddy. I was a little concerned about that going in because on the box it says "Specifically designed for cooler, wetter climates and year round wear." Well playing in the desert probably doesn't qualify as a cooler or wetter climate, but I went for it anyway.

For the fit, I picked size Large as my shorts are usually size 36. The fit was perfect, not loose and not too tight. No real issues with stretching either. On a hot day I didn't feel like I sweat much at all and in these I was extremely comfortable all day long(which is saying something because it was one long day).

I think the biggest compliment I could give these based on that round, was that I never thought about how. I did not worry about how the wool would handle the heat, yes a preconceived notion that it would not handle it well. They were comfortable, kept me dry, and allowed me to focus more on golf than any form of discomfort that did not occur.

I think the biggest compliment I could give these based on that round, was that I never thought about how. I did not worry about how the wool would handle the heat, yes a preconceived notion that it would not handle it well. They were comfortable, kept me dry, and allowed me to focus more on golf than any form of discomfort that did not occur.

Canadan mentioned something about this earlier as well. Is there really anything worse than being out on the course and having "issues"? Like Sacagawea moving to the left or right out the leg hole or something during a swing or hopping out of the cart? Lets face it, we have all been there. Usually it comes from stretch or poor construction, but its awful.

Thanks for the updates. I have been waiting for a sale but I may just need to bite the bullet in order to give these a try.

Canadan mentioned something about this earlier as well. Is there really anything worse than being out on the course and having "issues"? Like Sacagawea moving to the left or right out the leg hole or something during a swing or hopping out of the cart? Lets face it, we have all been there. Usually it comes from stretch or poor construction, but its awful.

hahahahaha I'm dying here haaaahaahahaha!

Greatest response in a review thread ever? At least a nominee.

hahahahaha I'm dying here haaaahaahahaha!

Greatest response in a review thread ever? At least a nominee.

Just so you know, Sacagawea is not a bag full of gawea.

I will be wearing this pair again on Saturday for a LONG range session. Should have another good update coming.

Just got my Kentwool box in the mail today thanks to THP! I cant wait to get home from work and check it all out. My wife sent me a pic of it already and everything looks awesome.

Thanks again THP!!!

I ended up biting the bullet and ordered 2 pairs along with 2 pairs of socks. They had a 30% off discount so it was basically buy a pair of undies get a pair of socks free.

Will update as soon as I get to wear them.

Anybody have a size chart for these? Kentwools website pulls up the sock sizing chart instead.

I ended up biting the bullet and ordered 2 pairs along with 2 pairs of socks. They had a 30% off discount so it was basically buy a pair of undies get a pair of socks free.

Will update as soon as I get to wear them.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Anybody have a size chart for these? Kentwools website pulls up the sock sizing chart instead.

What size pants are you?
Im a size 34 and wear the medium.

Ddec is a 36 and wears the large.

What size pants are you?

Historically 38, but 36 is more appropriate these days
Thx!

Wore these for 18 in cooler temps (low 50s with a 10-20 mph wind), then did 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym. As others have said, didn't notice them at all which I think is about the best compliment you can give.

Will have to see how they wear long term (really how long they hold up) to see if they are worth the cost over other brands I wear but so far I give them a thumbs up.

Picked up 4 pairs on sale. Looking forward to giving these a whirl.

What size pants are you?

I am a 34, but 36's feel so good, I buy 38's.

Have a pair for a little while now, but today was the first time I have had the chance to wear them on the golf course. Similar to others it wasn't until late in the round that I remembered wearing them and that is a compliment. Never had an issues with movement or stretching - just very comfortable.

Back