New video game "The Golf Club"

Pretty sure you can play them all on ProTee now. I think I remember reading that some of them were a little difficult on a SiM though, due to being too long.

Thanks. Part of the appeal of TGC for me would be to play the courses y'all make. Having not played TGC, how long are these courses? My drives on SkyTrak usually go to the 250 range.

Thanks. Part of the appeal of TGC for me would be to play the courses y'all make. Having not played TGC, how long are these courses? My drives on SkyTrak usually go to the 250 range.

When I make my courses, it is somewhere between 6400 and 6800 for a par 72, which are the tees I would actually play. The golfer in the game carries the ball an incredibly realistic 265 so that sort of limits people to building too much longer than 7000, unless they want zero plays or a tough golf course.

Buddy plays this on a Steam Game Console... Graphics wise it is a hundered times better than the Xbox /ps graphics look. I'm really digging this game though, it is the best out besides the faulty swing animations

Nice thread here guys

When I make my courses, it is somewhere between 6400 and 6800 for a par 72, which are the tees I would actually play. The golfer in the game carries the ball an incredibly realistic 265 so that sort of limits people to building too much longer than 7000, unless they want zero plays or a tough golf course.
Me, too. I feel like they're long, but when I'm done, I look at the total and it's always sub-7000. My last one I think was 6800ish, but there's some downhillers to help out on some of the tee shots.

Boulder Mountain State Park.
Spent forever on it and it still doesn't compete with what some of these guys are doing. Sigh.

nice course. I think I got -9. Chipped a few in, and had 1 bogey.

Wasn't able to play most of the weekend because of the glitch at MS LIVE. Idiots. Apparently, from what I've caught in the forums around the webz today, their game servers didn't much care for the switch to Win10. :doh:

Been working on a course on and off for almost two months now. The more I work on it, the less I want to publish it. I just keep finding things I want to tweak about it.

Been working on a course on and off for almost two months now. The more I work on it, the less I want to publish it. I just keep finding things I want to tweak about it.
I HATE that feeling and have it often before publishing. I've debated buying the expansion just to get the 3 extra themes and the courses on them.

I HATE that feeling and have it often before publishing. I've debated buying the expansion just to get the 3 extra themes and the courses on them.

It's actually a tropical course. Really like this theme.

It's actually a tropical course. Really like this theme.
Eventually I'll get around to buying that package so I can play some of the cool ones posted.

Tyndale Coves (Tropical theme) has officially be published! Let me know what you think!

Boulder Mountain State Park.
Spent forever on it and it still doesn't compete with what some of these guys are doing. Sigh.

Playing it now...just aced No. 8 :act-up:

Edit - Joe's ghost pipped me by a stroke due to my three bogies on the front nine...65 (-6)

Last edited:
Has anyone made their favorite home course on here? I'm thinking I'm buying this game

I have it down loading on the PS4 tonight ...

Played Boulder state and Luna's landing the other night. Both were solid 8's for me. Playing both back to back though, what a difference, two completely different courses. Great stuff though guys.

I played Tyndale and Luna back to back last night (after ANOTHER XB Live fail).

I'm going to play Luna again tonight, I'm shooting for a course record on that one!! What's the lowest on that one so far?

Tyndale is laid out well I think. I say think because it's really dark for me. I can't remember but I think Donnie is PC and Joe is PS4 so it might be a 900P Xbox thing, but it was pretty damn dark. It looked solid though with some interesting holes. Oh, and the 19mph head wind on that one par 5 was a beotch!

Which brings up a question, is there a set direction the wind blows so you can design your course to utilize it? Or is it totally and completely random?

I'm going to play Luna again tonight, I'm shooting for a course record on that one!! What's the lowest on that one so far?

Tyndale is laid out well I think. I say think because it's really dark for me. I can't remember but I think Donnie is PC and Joe is PS4 so it might be a 900P Xbox thing, but it was pretty damn dark. It looked solid though with some interesting holes. Oh, and the 19mph head wind on that one par 5 was a beotch!

Which brings up a question, is there a set direction the wind blows so you can design your course to utilize it? Or is it totally and completely random?

Unfortunately wind is still random at this point. They are looking into adding a "prevailing wind direction" option in the course builder.

I think I was able to get to -12 at Luna's Landing. That was with 0 wind on the first hole and the highest was a 4 mph tailwind on 11 and 12! Wind plays a huge factor in difficulty and should definitely have a meter or something to build it into the design.

I think I was able to get to -12 at Luna's Landing. That was with 0 wind on the first hole and the highest was a 4 mph tailwind on 11 and 12! Wind plays a huge factor in difficulty and should definitely have a meter or something to build it into the design.

trying to replay these courses again. Had 20 mph winds. Noped the heck out of that. It's annoying most of the time

If I get this for the PC thru steam . Can I play guys hey have an Xbox or ps 4? Or is it pc can only play pc?

Designer Showcase starting this week, should highlight some of the best courses available

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2015/07/28/designer-showcase-introduction/

Before getting to the Designer Showcase, there was a poll in the HB forums to vote on the top designers with a write in vote option as well. Even though these designers did not make the official showcase, they received votes and should still be recognized for their great contributions to the game. Make sure to go out and give these designer’s courses some plays as well. Below is a list with a course from each one but make sure to hit more by each designer as they certainly have more than one good course in the game

• DDawg – The Marina GC @ Jensen’s Landing
  • Wendy445 – TGC @ The Bavaro
  • Mariner175 – Harvest Plantation C.C.
  • rDrucken_0 – Gator Hole G.C.
  • Han – Oakmere Golf Club
  • Elz_41 – Bunyip River Golf Club
  • FriendBomber – Hobble Creek G.C.
  • DoGgzbollox – Cinnamon Hills CC Par 70 Tour Edition
Check out the website tomorrow for the first Designer Showcase with Yeltzman

Shifty: I saw you played my course Contentment, and went in to try and better your score. I actually think that course had a better layout than Boulder Mountain, and I guess I just gave up on it.
I played it and decided to use all the new tools from the last updates and re-make this one. I'm about 1/2 done with my vision of Contentment II (or whatever) and I think it's going to be solid!
But, putting up about a mile of that wooden cowboy fence kind of stinks.

Back