The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I think I work with her twin. She always has a comment about anything anyone says, and if your telling a story...be damn certain someone she or someone she knows has experienced the same thing! UGH.

You work with my sister in law?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its entirely too hot right now lol i know some will just laugh at me but 90* for WNY is just too much for me. Hate it

I used to work with her brother.

No one I work with knows what burnt ends are...I'm leaving.

Thanks for the laughs. Imagine what it's like at that family reunion.

BTW. I have worked with their father.

Love the Siri nickname.
We have a girl at work who is in the top 5 (maybe top 3) most annoying people I've come across on my time here on earth. We've nicknamed her "Siri" because she knows everything about everything and everyone and is NEVER wrong! She will literally argue with you on the same side of an issue just to be right. It's exhausting, and even more so that the "management" won't say a damn thing to her about it or her snide attitude. It's 5'oclock somewhere right?

OMG I think I work with her twin. She always has a comment about anything anyone says, and if your telling a story...be damn certain someone she or someone she knows has experienced the same thing! UGH.

You work with my sister in law?????

I used to work with her brother.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

My cost for a Denso A/F sensor is 116$

I can buy a cheap POS for 72$

So we were quoted $250 for the part. Does that sound about right then as far as typical markup?

So we called another repair shop we have used before but isn't as conveniently located, bit of a drive, and they quoted us $255 for the entire repair. Got a quote from a Nissan dealer too and they were only $330.

Last edited:
Its entirely too hot right now lol i know some will just laugh at me but 90* for WNY is just too much for me. Hate it
Just think about it being -10 in a couple of months. That will help. :)

Just think about it being -10 in a couple of months. That will help. :)
Haha i like skiing so i dont mind. Ok honestly i dont want winter anytime soon as i want to golf a ton but man i just dont handle the heat like some do. Its too much for me

The Official Rant of the Day

Work is my rant. This project is so frustrating. The sub contractors don't seem to care about a variety of things from schedule, the fact that it's an occupied building and we need to work around there schedule or the amount of coordination it takes to get them into different areas. They don't read my schedules I put together every week and get mad when everyone is in the same area at once even when it's been on the schedule for a month. Everything is a battle and no seems to care that we have a bunch of areas that need to be done before the start of school.

The plumber is the worst, he can't manage his guys, his work, or the issues that come up. He is behind schedule everywhere and needs to be told where to have his manpower work each day.

Some of the subs are good, the electrician is good and the drywall guy isn't bad but that's really it.

Construction really is just adult baby sitting.

Plus I have a license test on Monday and I'm getting married in a month.

Work 12 hours a day, drive an hour each way to the job, and try to study. There just isn't enough hours in a day.

That one time when you don't go for a promotion because you're not as experienced as your old boss but they fill the position with someone who has less experience than you?!?!? Effing corporate America.

Not a rant per say, but I am feeling a whole lot of stress in regards to the police academy. My grades are fine (B+, almost an A), I am doing OK with my PT, but we have range qualifications next week and I am no where near where I need be confidence wise in my shooting. I am just not consistent enough to pass at this point. I have reached out to a couple people at my agency indicating I need some assistance, but no assistance has been given yet. If I don't qualify then I am out of the school. I don't want to have survived OC Spray just to come up short and not qualify with firearms. I am a decent shot, but some what inconsistent. The instructors at the academy will give us a good bit of instruction and training next Monday and Tuesday, but I don't want to have to rely on them to hopeful give me what I need to get the required score. I want to be able to qualify from the start and then improve with their help. This is such a big deal for me and I feel more than a bit helpless. I probably won't be getting much sleep as the qualification days get closer.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

Not a rant per say, but I am feeling a whole lot of stress in regards to the police academy. My grades are fine (B+, almost an A), I am doing OK with my PT, but we have range qualifications next week and I am no where near where I need be confidence wise in my shooting. I am just not consistent enough to pass at this point. I have reached out to a couple people at my agency indicating I need some assistance, but no assistance has been given yet. If I don't qualify then I am out of the school. I don't want to have survived OC Spray just to come up short and not qualify with firearms. I am a decent shot, but some what inconsistent. The instructors at the academy will give us a good bit of instruction and training next Monday and Tuesday, but I don't want to have to rely on them to hopeful give me what I need to get the required score. I want to be able to qualify from the start and then improve with their help. This is such a big deal for me and I feel more than a bit helpless. I probably won't be getting much sleep as the qualification days get closer.

Just calm down, people hype themselves up, thinking about the longer shots, but the truth is if you are solid from close range you only have to get a couple in from farther out? What's your course of fire?

Do you have opportunities to practice? I see golf parallels to shooting - solid fundamentals (grip, posture, stance), tempo (trigger pull), range time to build up your confidence through repetitions. You got this.

Just calm down, people hype themselves up, thinking about the longer shots, but the truth is if you are solid from close range you only have to get a couple in from farther out? What's your course of fire?
The yardages are 25, 15, 7 and 3. Only 4 shots from the 25. I can usually hit the scoring zone from the 25, but I do miss on occasion. The 15 is kind of my weak zone. I tend to throw several rounds at that point for some reason. From 7 in and I am usually good. All that is without the timer running though. No clue how I will do when timed.

Do you have opportunities to practice? I see golf parallels to shooting - solid fundamentals (grip, posture, stance), tempo (trigger pull), range time to build up your confidence through repetitions. You got this.
I hope to go at least one more time between now and next Monday. Then we practice on Monday afternoon and Tuesday. Qualifications start next Wednesday.

Daughter is leaving for school today. Have really enjoyed her being home for almost 3 months. She and I have so much fun together. Going to be a tough day. Not looking forward to her being gone. Things are at a very low point between my wife and I so her leaving brings all that to the forefront.

I hope to go at least one more time between now and next Monday. Then we practice on Monday afternoon and Tuesday. Qualifications start next Wednesday.

Dry fire practice. If the front sight n whatever you're using is flat enough, lay a dime on it while you dry fire. Just do it while you're sitting there watching TV. Focus on the front sight and don't let it move. You know the fundamentals. Solid grip, roll your shoulders, thumbs forward, trigger in the middle of the pad of the finger behind the nail and squeeze. Keep in mind that by the time you can react, the projectile is gone, so let it surprise you. Don't rush, let the front sight fall back on the target for the follow through and do it again. You've got this, John.

My wife and I moved from the town I work in back to "home" about an hour away. I work from home 3 days a week and go to the office the other 2.

It's great for our 2 year old and 4 month old. Their grandparents are a mile away (wife's parents) and 20 minutes away (mine).

The big problem is it's in middle of nowhere northeast Mississippi. I miss living in Oxford and I'm torn on what's best for my kids. Living in a great town with lots to do, better schools, better job opportunities, better food, etc. and being close to family.

A lot of you will think "it's only an hour away" but that's actually a horrible distance. It isn't close enough to be convenient but it is close enough we feel obligated to spend every free minute packing the kids up and going home or having the family come to us (taking away any weekend free time).

I couldn't imagine my kids growing up away from family, so we'll probably stay here. I just wish here was a better place to grow up.

that is still ongoing? WTF.

Not anymore, we WIN! We have been telling them FOREVER that we back up to a fence we cannot change ours, but they didn't understand. They argued with me and said they wouldn't send someone else out. So we went to the meeting asked them to come out again, they did and within 2 seconds said "Oh it backs up to another fence, you are good."

Not anymore, we WIN! We have been telling them FOREVER that we back up to a fence we cannot change ours, but they didn't understand. They argued with me and said they wouldn't send someone else out. So we went to the meeting asked them to come out again, they did and within 2 seconds said "Oh it backs up to another fence, you are good."
Why don't people listen anymore? Yeesh.

Win for you guys though, GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back