THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Looks like I'm giving you 6 if we go head to head outside of this event. I am looking forward to our next round together and hopefully it's during run up to this event. I would enjoy putting in some work with you in the group

I'm hoping to get up there and scouting out the competition before the event

Which format do you think your game excels in the most, and why?

Shamble, if we're using your drives, playing a shorter hole and taking tee shot out of it is good for my scoring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pretty much the same as Emart said. Shamble and Match Play. When I played Shamble partnered with Nate. He was putting us in spots where I had a wedge in hand for the second shot and I think I parred 3 of the first four holes.

As as others have said. If I'm playing my usual game I'll have a handful of bars and the occasional birdie, but will hVe one or two blowup holes that can ruin my score. So in MP they only affect one hole.

Would love to get a shot at either EMart or CAA Beat. Both great guys and have shared a round with EMart and it was a great time but would to have a shot in a competitive round against him. CAA Beat would be a good match as it would probably be straight up since we are both about the same handicap
I would love a matchup with you. Even though it will be summer by then, we can still talk about UNC winning the National Chapionship and Duke wondering what happened ��

pretty much the same as Emart said. Shamble and Match Play. When I played Shamble partnered with Nate. He was putting us in spots where I had a wedge in hand for the second shot and I think I parred 3 of the first four holes.

As as others have said. If I'm playing my usual game I'll have a handful of bars and the occasional birdie, but will hVe one or two blowup holes that can ruin my score. So in MP they only affect one hole.

I would love a matchup with you. Even though it will be summer by then, we can still talk about Carowhina winning the Girls National Soccer Championship and dook wondering what happened ��

FIFY.... Fear the Turtle

Match play - I generally am steady, except for 1 or 2 bad holes - which will kill you in stroke play, but can be recoverable in match play - if you don't let them get in your head. Pretty good at thinking my way around the course

Shamble can be good for me if I am paired with a bigger hitter since length off the tee isn't a strength, but am pretty long with my irons.

I love alternate shot. I hit the ball fairly straight and don't put my partner in to much trouble (most of the time) and I enjoy the challenge of hitting shots I don't normally get because of distance or direction.

Wrong Rivalry thread for this banter. :)

My apologies... I get carried away sometimes and forget to check my sense of humor with the sensor police. :D Won't let it happen again. All business from here on out Captain.

I'm adaptable and excel in stroke play, match play, alternate shot.... I really enjoy match play where you're one on one with your opponent and see the flow of the match... but also enjoy stroke play when you can focus on you against the course and not have to worry about an opponent per se until you see how you did at the end once everything is tallied. Enjoy the strategy of alternate shot and trying to make the best of your partners shot, be it recovering from an errant swing or trying to take advantage of a pure shot.

Not going to provide the competition with any answers. :alien:

Honestly, I've only really ever played scramble and best ball, and I've never played match play. I'd be interested in seeing how my game matches up in match play, simply because someone is probably going to have to give me a fair number of pops. If I can stay in the fairway and hit consistent shots, it'd be up to my opponent to play steady and not implode.

Was just thinking about this event and everything that is involved. 8 vs 8, DMV vs Carolina's, 27-36 holes in early July at a great course that will challenge our games. Thinking about what formats and wondering what the signup process will be and who will get in, the pressure on the captains and their 3 picks. One team will come away with a victory and earn the third ever #THPRegionalRivalry HOF tag.

Then out if those 8 one lucky THPer will become MVP and get an awesome trip to True Temper. Just thinking about this event and the chance at MVP is giving me goosebumps.

Was just thinking about this event and everything that is involved. 8 vs 8, DMV vs Carolina's, 27-36 holes in early July at a great course that will challenge our games. Thinking about what formats and wondering what the signup process will be and who will get in, the pressure on the captains and their 3 picks. One team will come away with a victory and earn the third ever #THPRegionalRivalry HOF tag.

Then out if those 8 one lucky THPer will become MVP and get an awesome trip to True Temper. Just thinking about this event and the chance at MVP is giving me goosebumps.
Can't wait to see who will win mvp

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Regardless if it is stroke play or match play, I enjoy any form of a scramble or the better ball of partners. However, because the team overrides my personal desire to play, I must be honest and admit that I hate the alternate shot format.

I like best ball and, with the caveat that my partner and I mesh well, alternate shot. AS makes for some pretty good chess and I like the analytical aspects of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm totally with you Eric. I tend to be a somewhat focused person, but I think this is taking that to a new level. Really want this - pressure golf, great THPers, HOF & big prize on the line - who wouldn't! That said, the reality is this - even if I don't get in, I haven't put the work in for nothing. My game will be so much better, and I know how great an accomplishment doing the work indeed was. And along the way, if I help to motivate someone, or help with their game somehow, even better. It's a win -win - and that is the way it should be.

Can't wait to see who will win mvp

Well, considering the Superbowl and NBA Championship MVPs have only been awarded to a player on the losing team once... and both well over 40 years ago... it's possible that the MVP could come from the losing team, but I would lean not likely.

Just wondering, are you hedging already and accepting the inevitable.... a DMV victory?

Well, considering the Superbowl and NBA Championship MVPs have only been awarded to a player on the losing team once... and both well over 40 years ago... it's possible that the MVP could come from the losing team, but I would lean not likely.

Just wondering, are you hedging already and accepting the inevitable.... a DMV victory?
MVP comes from the winning team I had a brain fart. In that case I can't wait to see what Carolina member will be heading to True Temper

MVP comes from the winning team I had a brain fart. In that case I can't wait to see what Carolina member will be heading to True Temper

There must be something in the water in the Carolinas! I just don't see it!!

Not going to provide the competition with any answers. :alien:

Honestly, I've only really ever played scramble and best ball, and I've never played match play. I'd be interested in seeing how my game matches up in match play, simply because someone is probably going to have to give me a fair number of pops. If I can stay in the fairway and hit consistent shots, it'd be up to my opponent to play steady and not implode.
We can play some match play next round we play together.

I'm one of those folks that's only played in a few formats. Captain's choice, stroke play, skins and match. Pretty much everyone benefits from captain's choice, so out of the other three I'd say match. My game has been a bit streaky, so I will definitely blow up a hole every once in a while. If my weekly league has taught me anything though, it's how to reset on the next tee box. When I'm on I can compete with some pretty decent golfers. Birdie hunters will still give me trouble though as I rarely get one of those more than once a round, if that.

I'd have to choose match play or shamble as my formats of choice. I've never played alternate shot but I think that format would be eye opening with the added pressure of not only relying on someone else's shot but making sure you perform at your best as well. I'd love to test my game in that format.

But I like match play because it can be pressure packed and it causes me to focus on the task at hand instead of chasing a score. I can also simply forget about the odd blow up hole and know I have a chance to redeem myself.

I like match play or alternate shot, my last few math play matches I've lost but I still love it.

In billiards I love playing alternate shot. When I improve my golf game, I'm sure I'll like it as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back