Aim Point Express

Anybody know how many kids were using AimPoint at the Drive, Chip and Putt? I can't imagine paying for that class for a child of that age.

Did it look like a lot? Give us an estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know how many kids were using AimPoint at the Drive, Chip and Putt? I can't imagine paying for that class for a child of that age.

I only watched for a very short while, and it seemed like a good number of kids were using it.

The DVD is only $90 I believe. Another $40-$50 for the inclinometer. Around the cost of a couple of lessons.

So for those that have done the clinic, is it worth $250?

I say yes. I was the most confident in my reads that I've ever been last year, and it showed. As stated in earlier posts, misses were alot closer, which helped the score no doubt. For sure this is one of the factors which allowed me to break 80 twice last year.
It has taken way more stokes off my game than a new $500 driver, so yes I would say its worth it.

Mine was worth it ... when it came to reading a green I was totally clueless ... I have a hard time "seeing level", but I can feel it.

Remember they teach where to aim ... not how to putt ... if you can't hit your aim point, and control distance you will still have some big misses.

How long does it take on a given putt? Does the length affect the time involved? I hear people complain how long it takes their playing partners to do this but I have never played with anyone who does it.

How long does it take on a given putt? Does the length affect the time involved? I hear people complain how long it takes their playing partners to do this but I have never played with anyone who does it.

Once you have a good grasp on the system, 10-20 seconds is more than enough time for the read.
Then it all depends if you line up a line on the ball, preshot routine etc., but the initial read is 10-20 seconds.

And no, the length of the putt does not effect the time for a read.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if you were quicker than all of your playing partners when using APE. People who say it's slow just don't know anything about it.

The aimpoint class is like 5 times cheaper than half the putters the kids were using.

From my understanding, the DVD is already outdated and doesn't include updates that you get from the live class.

Reading putts for me is about the same. Some think it takes longer but it doesn't. You eliminate having to "get down" and check the putt from both sides of the hole, etc.

If I'm the first to putt I won't sit there and take my time with the read, however while others putt I can find the aim point and be ready.

Taking an Aimpoint Express lesson on Friday. I have done the Level 1 of the full Aimpoint a few years ago. Just never wanted to continually use the little chart that you had to use on every putt. It works, just kind of a hassle. Hope to get a refresher on the basic stuff and get my green reading dialed in before #TheGauntlet.

Can anyone do it or does it take some special talent? A friend who has taken the class tried to show me but it is still a mystery to me.

Can anyone do it or does it take some special talent? A friend who has taken the class tried to show me but it is still a mystery to me.

I took the class and it was easy to pick up ... not sure what your friend tried to show you, but in all honesty that is why I went to an instructor.

got an email from Mark Sweeney (aimpoint founder) that aimpoint is partnering with blast golf. Here's what was in the email;

" [FONT=&quot]I am proud to announce the partnership between AimPoint® and Blast Motion. Blast Golf will be partnering with AimPoint® Golf as our "Official Sensor Technology". I have been using Blast Golf in my lessons and have determined that it is the next evolution for my golf instruction. It's the first affordable and wearable motion capture technology that you can use during your entire practice session or round and dramatically increases your pace of improvement.

Blast Motion has developed a small sensor that fits on the end of any putter and provides real-time metrics feedback on your timing, stroke rotations, and impact angles, right on your smartphone. The Blast Golf app captures and saves your metrics for quick review, allowing you to analyze and track your improvement. When you combine this with AimPoint® green reading, this solution will help you maximize your putting performance and speed control."

I may have to invest in this. The putter sensor is available for IOS and Android. http://store.blastmotion.com/collections/sports/products/golf?rfsn=217523.c8ca4
[/FONT]

got an email from Mark Sweeney (aimpoint founder) that aimpoint is partnering with blast golf. Here's what was in the email;

" I am proud to announce the partnership between AimPoint® and Blast Motion. Blast Golf will be partnering with AimPoint® Golf as our "Official Sensor Technology". I have been using Blast Golf in my lessons and have determined that it is the next evolution for my golf instruction. It's the first affordable and wearable motion capture technology that you can use during your entire practice session or round and dramatically increases your pace of improvement.

Blast Motion has developed a small sensor that fits on the end of any putter and provides real-time metrics feedback on your timing, stroke rotations, and impact angles, right on your smartphone. The Blast Golf app captures and saves your metrics for quick review, allowing you to analyze and track your improvement. When you combine this with AimPoint® green reading, this solution will help you maximize your putting performance and speed control."

I may have to invest in this. The putter sensor is available for IOS and Android. http://store.blastmotion.com/collections/sports/products/golf?rfsn=217523.c8ca4
An interesting partnership, doesn't seem like it would really help with AimPoint at all, just chart putting performance.

An interesting partnership, doesn't seem like it would really help with AimPoint at all, just chart putting performance.

I would think its to improve your stroke and to make sure you are doing things correctly, and with the correct pace. As aimpoint is pretty useless with a bad putting stroke. If you are a good putter, this may not be worth it though.
As my buddy knows, he can read the green easily, but can he get it there on line? Most times no.

I've had the video for some time, but haven't been using Aimpoint. Partly because I never picked up the digital level. But I found out through a local golf group that Mark Sweeney is holding an Aimpoint Express 1&2 class this weekend nearby so I signed up ($200). I'm going Saturday morning and will report back this weekend on how it goes.

I took the Aimpoint class this morning and definitely feel like it's worth the time and money. It's one thing to see the ideas expressed on video, but putting the ideas into action were definitely different for me. I did ok today, but will definitely have to practice getting used to feeling slope. I struggled to find the difference between two numbers but did better in bigger differences like 1 to a 3 or going from a 3 to a 5. I will say, if the read is right the system works. It's much more user friendly than I expected, especially on short and long putts. The 6-15 footers were probably the hardest because you expect to make more of them.

Mark was NOT a proponent of constantly using a level and didn't break it out during the class. Afterward he showed a few of us that stuck around how to use it and suggested that you do it to check your feeling after you've guessed at a slope percentage. He said he's had several instructors that struggled with the system because they constantly used a level. He also is not a big fan of being overly technical, like measuring exactly how far you hold your hand out in front of your body. He said he's seen people mark their putters and he said the system is not designed to be so technical. Instead, he said you work that out prior to playing when you calibrate yourself at the course you are playing for the day.

I've had the Aimpoint video for sometime but never put the system into use because I felt like I needed a better understanding of the calibration and a better feel for slope. While I didn't automatically get the feel for slope, it's much better today than before the class and now I have the tools and knowledge to know how to improve that feeling.

> ...you work that out prior to playing when you calibrate yourself at the course you are playing...

Exactly. I sometimes (like once a year) take a level to a practice green. It doesn't seem to matter if my read is off, as long as I do the daily calibration. If I read too small number but calibration results too much read, the errors cancel each other.

Been using Aimpoint for 2-3 months and I can definitely say it helped my putting. My misses are better, and I have been dropping some putts I would have not made otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've started hearing more and more about it. I am going to research it a bit more and see who has a class here in Virginia. I will gather details and maybe see if fellow VA THPers would like to join in the class too

Sorry if this has been answered but didn't want to read through 17 pages

Is there anywhere I can download the instruction video?

Stated I would do this, but in a few days. Had an AimPoint Lesson - a review of 1, then 2 and Speed. When the weekend arrives, I will write something up.

Back