2017 Staff Proto Travel Thread

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Now that participants are announced we can plan and discuss travel here.

I am driving up Friday AM.

Tuning in to see when Michigan Slice is planning on driving in. He has a new GPS to break in

If I could drive I would haha, but that would take days. I will be flying more than likely on Friday morning/mid morning.

Really would like to know who wants a room buddy(ies) to split costs for that haha.

I will likely be driving to the hotel (which ever one that is) Friday after work. Should take me about 5-10 minutes. :act-up:

Have a question for JB and figured it might be good to put it here. Will there be transport for us back and forth to Airport, hotel, course, dinner, etc? Want to make sure we are all aware of this so we can get our ducks in a row so to speak. I know a few are in driving distance, but imagine there are a number of us flying in. Also, if transport isn't included, any one driving around be willing to pick me and a few guys up from the airport/travel to our destinations? I would obviously be more than happy to help with whatever gas expenses would incur due to increased driving around. Also not sure what the taxi/uber situation is out there and if that would be cost efficient.

I was also hoping to try and get in early enough/leave later to try and play a round just north at the infamous wolf creek, but not sure that is going to happen. Any one else thinking of squeezing in any extra rounds before or after the event?

Transport is usually up to the participants.

I haven't made my flight or hotel plans, yet. I expect to look at that more in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for that. Since this is my first event I am just trying to get a handle on some things and plan. I guess I'm an over preparer or overly eager :).

Tuning in to see when Michigan Slice is planning on driving in. He has a new GPS to break in

I will be flying.
Only because I don't want to burn all my PTO time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a question for JB and figured it might be good to put it here. Will there be transport for us back and forth to Airport, hotel, course, dinner, etc? Want to make sure we are all aware of this so we can get our ducks in a row so to speak. I know a few are in driving distance, but imagine there are a number of us flying in. Also, if transport isn't included, any one driving around be willing to pick me and a few guys up from the airport/travel to our destinations? I would obviously be more than happy to help with whatever gas expenses would incur due to increased driving around. Also not sure what the taxi/uber situation is out there and if that would be cost efficient.

I was also hoping to try and get in early enough/leave later to try and play a round just north at the infamous wolf creek, but not sure that is going to happen. Any one else thinking of squeezing in any extra rounds before or after the event?

When events are not stay and plays, transportation is up to the participants, especially being as though people could be staying anywhere for this one.
As we get closer a full itinerary will be put out that includes a Gear Party Friday evening, Dinner Saturday evening, etc.
We do ask people to schedule around these, so that they allow enough time to shower and clean up before attending.

For those curious, I booked myself and 8 rooms for the Wilson Staff group at the MGM Grand.
Dinner on Saturday night is at the MGM Grand.

Oh of course. I would risk being late or not showing up properly for any of the awesome plans that'll be happening.

For those curious, I booked myself and 8 rooms for the Wilson Staff group at the MGM Grand.
Dinner on Saturday night is at the MGM Grand.

Hey JB, any group rates there?

Hey JB, any group rates there?

Sadly with a group this small, there is not. Yup, I had to pay full rack rate for 9 rooms...haha

I will be enjoying my luxury accommodations at a company apartment at the U-Haul location on Rainbow Rd :)

I will be enjoying my luxury accommodations at a company apartment at the U-Haul location on Rainbow Rd :)

who needs the strip and fancy lights when you have car wash's and gas stations!

who needs the strip and fancy lights when you have car wash's and gas stations!

Hey buddy not all of our locations are next to gas stations and car washes!

LuYiNiV.png

Well ****.

LuYiNiV.png

Well ****.

hahaha, sure beats paying $239 for a crap hole like Luxor a night (current rate lol)

i called the U-Haul there and they said they were booked, I guess that is you!

:act-up:

hahaha, sure beats paying $239 for a crap hole like Luxor a night (current rate lol)

Trust me, I would have gone strip but the rates made me get creative.

And the Center is 6 miles from TPC so I got that going for me.

There is a place near the course that isn't too bad. About 105 I think. If anyone has cheaper suggestions would love to hear it or obviously if we get like two or 3 people in a room that'd be great. I don't even care about sleeping on a floor or couch haha. I'm young. I've slept in worse spots

LuYiNiV.png

Well ****.

Hey, I rented a trailer at that location once!

There is a place near the course that isn't too bad. About 105 I think. If anyone has cheaper suggestions would love to hear it or obviously if we get like two or 3 people in a room that'd be great. I don't even care about sleeping on a floor or couch haha. I'm young. I've slept in worse spots

Sleeping on the floor at your first THP Event might take some of the shine off.
Spending this kind of money for a weekend that most could only dream of, I would say check out Priceline and others and find a decent place with a roommate from the event and split the cost of a room.

Anyone planning on playing extra rounds before or after?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone planning on playing extra rounds before or after?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I always prefer to do that, but not sure if I'll be able to on this one. If it works out, I'll definitely post in here.

Sadly with a group this small, there is not. Yup, I had to pay full rack rate for 9 rooms...haha

Should have signed up for the Mlife rewards card online and got 15% off.

Back