What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A solid 81! I started off really good +2 after 7 then went +5 over the next 4 holes. I bounced back in the back nine with a 39 including a birdie on a 535 yard uphill par 5. Sweet drive, new hybrid to 20 yards short of the green and chipped it within 3 feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice round Dustin! Where did you play?

Realized I never posted it in here, but last Thursday I shot 87 at The Links at Bodega Harbour in Bodega Bay, CA. First time ever seeing the course, and dumped a few strokes not knowing the layout, so I'm pretty happy with that considering.

Nice round Dustin! Where did you play?

Realized I never posted it in here, but last Thursday I shot 87 at The Links at Bodega Harbour in Bodega Bay, CA. First time ever seeing the course, and dumped a few strokes not knowing the layout, so I'm pretty happy with that considering.

I played at Point Roberts as I was picking up the hybrid there. The course was empty for $20 the guy let me play at 2pm sick deal! I saw only two other groups in the whole round. Helps as the town is only 400 people or so and many vacation homes. I never have to book there just walk on, no preasure from groups

Another great round for me with no real excitement, 43/42-85, ties my season low, triple on a Par 5 from going OB, and one double, the rest bogeys and pars, no birds again but not complaining one bit.

What did you shoot today?

44-40 = 84 - on a real tough course. Played fair. The front wasn't good but I scrambled well to save it. Played well on the back save one double. 6 pars, 2 bogeys and one double on the back was fairly solid. 2 birdie lip outs on the day

40/40=80 at Monroe Golf &CC with Ole Gray . 11 pars 6 bogies 1 double...

Played TPC River Highlands
Shot 45/40 for an 85. Got off to a slow start but played pretty good for me on the back.

43/38 at commonground. Had nothing on the front

Piece of s*** course. Teeboxes were sand with hardly any grass. Fairways were either ROCK HARD or had standing water. Greens were a frigging joke -- hitting wedges into greens with Pro V1s and they're bouncing 6ft high and over every green. And once you're off the green, you're hitting off of tree roots or mud.

Bad courses just piss me off.

Last edited:
40/40=80 at Monroe Golf &CC with Ole Gray . 11 pars 6 bogies 1 double...

I believe if you could have missed that tree on #9, you would have posted a mid 70 round!

I shot an 89 today which was ok in my book considering I played Army golf all day

38/40-78 at Commonground with a bunch of THPrs. Figured out some grip issues and gravity...brought in 3 ?'s and 1.5 putt average. The driver behaved pretty well after getting out and about, was a great time today.

44-40 = 84 - on a real tough course. Played fair. The front wasn't good but I scrambled well to save it. Played well on the back save one double. 6 pars, 2 bogeys and one double on the back was fairly solid. 2 birdie lip outs on the day

Where did you play today?

47/43-90. After hitting my driver so good last week, I was all over the place today, I scrambled to shoot a 90.

I shot a 39 with three birdies and two double bogeys in my last league Game tonight. I was really on and it felt great.

44/40-84 at CommonGround with the Denver Crew +2 THP virgins. Good to see some new members getting out with us as we had two full groups for the first time that I can remember.

1 bird
7 pars
7 bogies
2 dbl
1 trip
32 putts on some hard pin placements but nice greens.

My best round this year on a course that is no pushover.

44/40-84 at CommonGround with the Denver Crew +2 THP virgins. Good to see some new members getting out with us as we had two full groups for the first time that I can remember.

1 bird
7 pars
7 bogies
2 dbl
1 trip
32 putts on some hard pin placements but nice greens.

My best round this year on a course that is no pushover.
Nice round! Definitely see tough pins out there today. And the rough was legit

So I just had a first since I started playing seriously. Every hole tonight in league had either a penalty or a three putt. Sometimes both. A brutal 55 that I can only laugh at.

Played in my Tuesday night league for the first time in what feels like forever (f work), and went: double, bogey, par, par, par, par, three-putt bogey, three-putt bogey, par for a 41 (+5).

Stupid game.

From the 2nd tee box on, I tried swinging at 75%. My thoughts on this normally are that bad things happen when I try to take something off, but wouldn't you know it, I started hitting the ball right on the screws and with what I consider my normal distances. I think there is a thread on that around here somewhere.

I still putt like I am blind...fwiw.

6 over 41 tonight, which included 2 penalties and a triple on one of the holes. Changed grip based on Freddie's suggestion and my ball striking was fantastic. Putts were a little higher at 17, but I attribute that to more greens hit and longer first putts. Feeling pretty good after tonight.

Got in a late Back 9 this evening.
Played from the Blue Tees and shot 39

trad.jpg

Some solid play in here lately.

My last round was an 83 at Shoal Creek Sunday. Felt good to post a score and finally hit my driver like I know I can

44/37=81, strange round as I was 8 over after 6 holes and played the last 12 1 over. 10/14 FWs, 7 GIRs, 30 putts with no 3 putts, 2 birdies, 7 pars, 8 bogies and a triple (huge brain freeze). My right hip was hurting when I started and it took the Aleve a long time to kick in (that's my story and I am sticking to it.) Great day with two good friends and I felt good when I left with the strong comeback. Josh, one of the birds was #11 again :smile:

Played a course for the first time today. Mercer Oaks (East) in NJ. Very nice place though the course was very wet from previous rain this week. Started the round in the dry only to get half way down the first hole when it started raining and continued to do that for the rest of the round.

Still, golf is an outside sport so we carried on and not one of us had rain gear in the bag. No one else was seen on the course apart from the three of us so getting around under 3 hours walking was great.

As I mentioned the course was wet and got wetter, but boy does it look a great place to play and looking forward to getting out to this place when its dryer as this played all and more of its length which made things tough.

Very happy to shoot an 84 first time on a course, better still pars and bogies with no doubles which I think is a first for me, also happy with the 28 putts.

Worst score in a good while today. It was my fifth round at the new club I joined and it whooped my tail. I had 5 double bogeys and ended with an 88. Crazy thing was, I had a ton of approaches that ended maybe a yard short and all the angles today left me in bunkers or bad lies. I even had a couple up and ins from the sand, but other ones left me in poor position. I gained a little respect for the course today and realize I need better management if I'm going to shoot good scores.

48/48 - 96 for easily my worst round this year, besides my driver today I was just awful. I couldn't chip or putt to save my life, had 2 ob penalties and 3 putted 4 times. Really frustrating round because I have been playing mid 80's golf all year and today nothing went right.

44 with 17 putts today. Club really has the pins in tough spots combined with brutal rough because of all this rain. Pretty tough to chip out of 4-5" thick rough accurately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back