Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ping i e1 4-UW
Rethinking the top of the bag too. The Heavenwood has been MONEY, but I seem to hit it the same distance (possibly a few yards longer) as my 4H--and WAY straighter. And do I need both? So maybe 3wd, Heavenwood, *gasp* 5 hybrid setup? Confused.
That's the setup I rock... With a mini in there instead of the 3w of course.

That's the setup I rock... With a mini in there instead of the 3w of course.

It's VERY rare that I hit my 3W off anything but a tee. I always wonder if a mini-driver at that spot makes more sense. Though at the same time, I wonder why I don't hit the V series off the deck more. It's not hard to hit.

Ping i e1 4-UW
Rethinking the top of the bag too. The Heavenwood has been MONEY, but I seem to hit it the same distance (possibly a few yards longer) as my 4H--and WAY straighter. And do I need both? So maybe 3wd, Heavenwood, *gasp* 5 hybrid setup? Confused.

I'm with you on the PING irons. Also you could probably ditch the 4 hybrid for something else. Heavenwood became your go to anyway now.

Bag pondering might end soon.

bags-2015-big-bertha-stand-staff_2558___1.png

Selling for 160 right now on BudgetGolf. Makes a LOT of sense, and is a gorgeous golf bag. Wish I could make the Bridgestone bag work, but 300+ is crazy. Callaway is entirely worth repping anyways.

Love it Dan, one extremely sharp bag.

Reshafting the G25's.

Really eying the Project X 5.5's.

I'm currently playing a Sun Mountain Red/WHite/Navy hybrid bag, but I'd love something a bit bigger, so this:

813YPngZzeL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm currently playing a Sun Mountain Red/WHite/Navy hybrid bag, but I'd love something a bit bigger, so this:

813YPngZzeL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm guessing you only pull cart/ride? Sweet looking bag though. 'Murrca

It really does look incredible. I played a round with Fupresti last month and he was rocking his King bag. Jealousy was notable! :beauty:

I tried another bag that worked better on my Clicgear, but I would rather carry my Bertha stand bag then push another one.

I'm guessing you only pull cart/ride? Sweet looking bag though. 'Murrca

Ha, I only ride. Mississippi in summer = near the depths of hell.

iE1 3-uw

And

Grandura

Add Mac daddy wedges to the ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ha, I only ride. Mississippi in summer = near the depths of hell.

Haha no joke. I've played in Florida in the summer, I know where you're coming from!

KBS Tour 105

I will always endorse an i series ponder. Funny how the HW is so different person to person. For me, it's closer to 5W length, and I can slot it in just about perfectly with my 4H.
I launch it really high. Maybe a stiff shaft would help, but I hit the thing so dang straight I don't want to mess with it. My new ponder is a V Series 3 wood. Same line, lower loft, maybe more carry…? And they are giving them away on CPO.

Im surprised you are replacing the Grandaddy irons. You hit them so well.
Not now, not ever. They would be replacing my "backup" set. The XR Pros that I bought to replace my pre-Grandaddy set (and have played…twice).

I launch it really high. Maybe a stiff shaft would help, but I hit the thing so dang straight I don't want to mess with it. My new ponder is a V Series 3 wood. Same line, lower loft, maybe more carry…? And they are giving them away on CPO.

Not now, not ever. They would be replacing my "backup" set. The XR Pros that I bought to replace my pre-Grandaddy set (and have played…twice).

The V series 3w is very very good. You can take a few swings with mine when we play next.

I feel the same exact way about my 545s. They aren't going anywhere and any other purchases are for backup/screwing around.

Cb Pro Fairway 3 wood. Prices have dropped big time on ebay since the Cb Pro F2 came out.

Just put a bid in on Ebay.

Love me some Tour Edge Exotics
Just bought it! Should be in the bag for next weekend's round. A steal at $150 too since it has a REAL Speeder shaft and originally retailed for $500. Happy birthday to me!

Don't tell Canadan but I was looking at d200 irons again today

Driver shafts, just because. The Project X event and Grandura testing has shafts on the mind.

Don't tell Canadan but I was looking at d200 irons again today
I can't say I blame you. I smile every time I take my bag out and see them.

i think these might go nicely in my D200. Could be a nice off season change.

Yeah I'm really intrigued by these shafts. I like the lighter weight plus high trajectory and more spin.

This is as short term a ponder as you can get. Going back to a counterbalanced putter - the Tank is still with my Uncle, who it probably helped more than it did me.

Probably go Works Tank, but we'll see. Maybe just go with the standard Tank. I loved the 2 ball I tested last year. Those have a tri sole, which is one of my favorite putter features.

Im pondering equipment that starts with Gran and ends with dura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back