Do you like when courses do this

Have two par three tee boxes at the home course where limbs on adjacent trees have grown & hang over the right side. This makes a draw very difficult when the tees are also placed on the right side of the box. Honestly hard to start the ball within the boundaries on the right edge of tee box without risking a deflection. Hate it & don't appreciate it as it often forces me to play left and short.

I'm generally good if some of the trees encroach at points on down the fairway where a guy has the chance to shape something but to have the limbs encroach that close to the teeing area is not fair or balanced IMO.

22639976b09eba4f534e727a7f1d3b42.jpg

Yep. The entire left side of the tee box is worthless and that tree keeps getting bigger. Just dumb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From that back tee box, shouldn't it be possible to hit Over the tree and not worry about it?

Not a fan of overgrown trees affecting tee shots. Worse, for me, are obstructions that block access to the green from the fairway - trees, bunkers in the middle of the fairway, etc... I figure if I can get my tee shot in the fairway, and positioned well enough on doglegs, I want a shot at the green.

My home course can be annoying at times. There are a few holes where over hanging branches on a tree basically blocks out part of a shot in already narrow fairways. Then they put the tee box on that side forcing a shot shape from the back even if the optimal way to play the hole is totally opposite.

Is this annoying or is it just me and only hate it because there are like 4 or 5 holes that require a right to left shot when only 1 requires my normal left to right ball flight.

For the record I have no issue if the hole is designed for a certain shot shapes, just hate overhanging branches in the first 50 -75 yards.

I don't mind it unless it's on a par-3. I hate when you HAVE to hit a particular shot shape around branches on a par-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazy maintenance crews do not enhance the course.

I hate it. Lazy maintenance or they just don't have the funds to take on the project. Around here we are lucky if they mow two or three times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can't stand it! My course has 4 or 5 holes that way, some I guess could be considered by design, some are just a lack of maintenance. I don't like either though, just give me a clear look off the tee please.

Back