Big Win for Boston area golf!

gr8dryv

Big Boned
Reaction score
Handicap
Job & Kids
I hope to attend, a THP gathering at a nice watering hole close by after one of the days would be nice.

I could see myself making the trip for that!

I would love to attend in 2022. It kinda sucks for putterham, that course will be ruined again.

I heard that was coming after a snafu was resolved. Really excited to see this and will probably make it up there to watch it.

I will be down for this.

I would be up for something

Less than 2 miles from where I live now...not sure I'll still be here in 2022, but if so, I'll be there!

Love it !

Very cool. . It's a bit unusual for the USGA to go somewhere the PGA of America has already been.

But I like it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Definitely going to have to talk the wife in to a road trip with the kids to see this.

You should consider meeting me at next year's open at Oakmont. Get your feet wet on the experience ;)

If I am still in the area, I'd like to come on up.

True. I should have been more specific. The USGA will rarely put a Men's US Open where a PGA Championship has been played.
The Ryder Cup I believe is viewed slightly differently. So I was off a little.

This is according to the book John Feinstein wrote about the USGA Selection process for US Opens . I believe he put it not so eloquently to paraphrase. The USGA won't eat where the PGA has Crapped.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Cool, always a good time when the pro golfers descend on the Boston Area.

Great for the city!

When I worked at BC I would drive by the course almost every day. A downhill dogleg left right by the street always caught my eye. I really wanted to sneak on and tee it up every single time I passed.

I just love the history of this place. I would love to walk the same grounds as Frances Ouimet. The Greatest Game Ever Played is my favorite golf book, and I would totally read it again beforehand.

I found the list depressing, the U.S. Open will return to Pinehurst when I'm 55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back