elacher10

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought a new cobra F7 driver and fairway wood my question is if I trim both down by half an inch will it change the stiffness in the flex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a new cobra F7 driver and fairway wood my question is if I trim both down by half an inch will it change the stiffness in the flex?

Slightly, if you do nothing else. If you put some lead tape or adjustable weight to add the swingweight that you lost, then you are in balance again.

Slightly, if you do nothing else. If you put some lead tape or adjustable weight to add the swingweight that you lost, then you are in balance again.

Dang. I'm looking for a little more control in both new clubs. Would they check the balance at the golf store? Or would I need to ask them?

Probably not enough to notice. You will lose 3 swing weight points off both clubs.

Probably not enough to notice. You will lose 3 swing weight points off both clubs.

Gotcha. Not really educated on the swing weight. I usually just go off of feel. I did get an upraised shaft this time. The hazardous yellow 63g. I think my 3w is a 75g.

The adding of more weight to the head to compensate for the lost swingweight WILL change the flex though. Something to think about.

Back