Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf - Extra Rounds & Travel Thread

I hope my handicap doesn't prove itself too bad. :golf:<< this guy has a better looking swing than I do. His shape and my ball flight sometimes have way too much in common.
That banana really hold that release and creates a lot of lag.

I hope my handicap doesn't prove itself too bad. :golf:<< this guy has a better looking swing than I do. His shape and my ball flight sometimes have way too much in common.

I'm right there with ya!

There's no such thing as this at THP events. Its all about the fun. FWIW, I hit my first THP event drive about 30 yards into a waste area and probably shot about 15 strokes over my handicap. Still had a GREAT time.

The fact that I'm playing golf, not on a Bakersfield muni course suffering from major drought conditions, 2 days in a row, touring Cleveland HQ's, getting clubs and swag and making new friends will in fact in fact prove to be the biggest golf event thus far I've ever been a part of! I enjoy playing golf to my ability, I'm not great and I know it. I will make some great shots but more not so great, I may birdie a hole, par a few, bogey most and double more than I want but I will still be HAVING FUN!

Between work and some stuff on the home front it's been a rough patch for a few weeks running. I'm really ready for this trip - definitely need a little escape and some fun.

Between work and some stuff on the home front it's been a rough patch for a few weeks running. I'm really ready for this trip - definitely need a little escape and some fun.

I'm in the same boat. Very much need this event.

I am canceling my reservation at Best Western. My wife's friend happens to be staying at a relatives house on Huntington Beach so I figured we could save the money and stay there. I'll still be hangin out with you guys tho since that's what this is all about!

Very much looking forward to meeting everyone (Galen, Ken_H and Awkward for the second time). Coming from SD in the am, not sure how early I can be there but I will definitely be there before 8:00 tee time.

I am canceling my reservation at Best Western. My wife's friend happens to be staying at a relatives house on Huntington Beach so I figured we could save the money and stay there. I'll still be hangin out with you guys tho since that's what this is all about!

That has awkward written all over it. :angel:

survivor-smile.gif

Nate ^^^^ crackin me up dude! That's hilarious!

I'm going to be driving up Thursday evening so I don't have to deal with the traffic Friday morning. Is anyone else going to be around Thursday night?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First post updated to reflect the change (may be slanted to reflect the potential seedy nature of said change) :)

That's a great group of THPers in that Sunday morning round! Hoping to see some post round pics! Have fun boys!

lmfao! I know but yeaaahhh i suck

I'm going to be driving up Thursday evening so I don't have to deal with the traffic Friday morning. Is anyone else going to be around Thursday night?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

yup I'll be around probably a late thursday arrival

So gonna need to find somewhere in the area for some good fish tacos before leaving!

So gonna need to find somewhere in the area for some good fish tacos before leaving!
There's got to be something great in Huntington Beach.

oh yeah you'll find some good stuff there.. if not we'll jump in the pacific and make some ourselves

Just asked a buddy from there and he said Sandys or Sanchos. After checking it out on the web... Sancho's looks like the place.

Last edited:
If you have time, hit the Big Belly Deli in Newport Beach - it is a small shop on PCH across from the beach. Fantastic sandwiches. Fun local place. I ran into Michael Anthony (of Van Halen) there, he lives across the street.

This is now the official week of the event! What last minute stuff are you guys doing?

This is now the official week of the event! What last minute stuff are you guys doing?
Wardrobe considerations:

Will I be packing my regular golf shorts or my fat boy golf shorts? Sadly, fat boy shorts are in the lead.

How much crap I may take on the board from JB when I wear sandles. Someone doesn't like to see exposed toes. Someone's going to have exposed toes.

If you have time, hit the Big Belly Deli in Newport Beach - it is a small shop on PCH across from the beach. Fantastic sandwiches. Fun local place. I ran into Michael Anthony (of Van Halen) there, he lives across the street.
I still haven't gone here. I'm making it a mission to go this week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Up &amp; Down w/ Cleveland Golf - Extra Rounds &amp; Travel Thread

Up &amp; Down w/ Cleveland Golf - Extra Rounds &amp; Travel Thread

Wardrobe considerations:

Will I be packing my regular golf shorts or my fat boy golf shorts? Sadly, fat boy shorts are in the lead.

How much crap I may take on the board from JB when I wear sandles. Someone doesn't like to see exposed toes. Someone's going to have exposed toes.

Yeah that's a good plan as you walk through a warehouse. Fwiw they won't be allowed at Cleveland.

They should t be allowed for grown men In life. ????

Back