Range Ball Quality

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What's the quality of the range balls at your local place? The place a few minutes from my work are completely awful. Either been marked by a mower or have so few dimples left you don't know where they will go. I was attempting to test out my distances with my wedges today and couldn't get a good reading to what I was really hitting. The course wonders why no one wants to play there...... well....... I have to drive a good 25 minutes to find a course that has decent range balls. Maybe it's time for a shot tracker, lol.

Absolute garbage.

Pretty new Titleist NXT balls. I like them alot.

Decent enough, both ranges I go to have Wilson Staff balls I believe. Of course it helps when the range is only open 6 months out of the year :alien:

My home course uses beat up Srixon balls w/ some older top flight mixed in.

Strata range balls- mixed with some Callaway range balls from the demo event earlier in the year. Don't find them to be too awful.

The Dome that I visit gets new Wilson's every year.
Don't know where the old ones go.

Be glad the outside doesn't have "Limited Flight"
Can't dial anything with those.

Limited flight Srixon, some that are a little older and some that are fresh from earlier this year.

A mish mosh, some so bad I don't even bother hitting them, and some I would play.

Both ranges I go to the balls are terrible, and one has restricted flight as the range itself is small and they don't want balls flying over the back fence....but I never go to the range to dial in distances, I go to practice contact. I can use my swing caddy if Im curious on distance but I just focus on trying to hit it in the middle of the face

Half ok, half horrible. I swear some of them are from the 70s.

Fairly decent Callaway balls they put into the mix this year.

I will happily take crappy balls on nice grass then mats but sadly there isn't the case in the typical public places.

Scuffed up yellow Wilson Staff and Srixon range balls. Find the odd Titleist or Top Flight that might be in there but they're in pretty rough shape. For $5 a bucket I can't complain too much, not many public ranges are going to have premium practice golf balls.

My home course has a driving range pond so the balls are all floaters. I hate them. The bug patterns those balls fly are crazy. I don't do any work on that range, I only use it for warm up before a round.
The course across the street has a mix of no-name range balls and lost/found regular balls, so when I want to really put some range work in, I go there.

Ours are OK. They mix in some news every few months.

Range balls are terrible quality, condition and aged at the courses I play. Only reason I go to the range is if I haven't played in a week or more. Get a small bucket, pick out the 5 or 6 worst balls to hit first with a wedge, then 8 iron, 5 iron, 22* 4 hybrid, 3 wood and finish with the driver. First ball I hit anywhere near the center of the face of the driver...........that's it, we're done. I use the range only to wake up the golf muscles and let them know we're playing golf again. However many balls are left after the 1st near center hit with the driver, they stay there.

I've started my own shag bag to practice chipping and putting, comprised with Titleist pro v1's, TM TP5 and 5x , and B330 RTX balls that I've played 3 or 4 rounds with.

I've never seen a public range that wasn't a total hove possession of old, cut, discolored or otherwise junk balls.

Every private club range better be conisisntelt name, line, quality and that has been my experience.

What ever balls i have in my shag bag. We dont have any ranges around me, only a little one about the width of a fairway at my course between two rows of trees which are between two holes.

The one near my office has fairly new Srixon range balls. The one near my house has a smorgasbord of Callaway, Pinnacle, Titleist, etc.

bf5673a2c0573306443a283b5e1f98b5.jpeg

5 min from my home. During non peak hour balls are cheap and quite. Ball quality is good. Pretty clean balls. It's only 130 yds to end. I only go there to fine tune swing. Hardly hit driver. Automatic ball dispenser. 3 hrs free parking. Not the best place to practice but it's close to everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back