Golfjams Speaker Preview

I like the design of it. I have the puma soundchuck now, and I can never decide the right/best way of setting it up in the cart. Will be interested in hearing any comparisons the tester may be able to make.

Looks nice to me but the two main things I want to know about are the sound quality and the battery life. I can deal with the Velcro or rig something else up myself.

I have had Golfjams for a couple of months and can tell you without question that the velcro works great, actually hard to remove the speaker sometimes. The SQ is top notch and the battery life is legit. 15 - 18 hours out of the box. Only 2 hours to recharge. I was a little hesitant about the phone holder also, but it is rock solid. Haven't had any issue.

I like the idea. I feel,the Velcro would work just fine if taken care of correctly.

I wouldnt clip clip my phone directly to the unit - I would either just leave it in the cubby or in my golf bag.

Looks pretty cool but I can't imagine how hot that thing would get in the Texas sun this time of year

Looks interesting. Wonder how the quality of the sound is. I like the idea behind it but would worry the longevity of the velcro if you move it around much.

I ride with some people in a golf cart who seem to find every bump and rough areas to drive at full throttle on.

I'd worry about losing the speaker by the electro giving out.

http://www.braven.com/braven-brv-1-waterproof-bluetooth-speaker.html

I have a set of these for around the same price. It's rugged, water, dust, and shock proof, plus it has a USB port in the back so you can charge your phone using the speaker battery if you are running low. And it sounds good too!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I have the same. It is the shiz! When i ride i stick it on the roof of the cart. There is a well in the back that the water drains out and it holds it perfect. When i walk i use a clicgear and it fits perfectly under the scorecard bungee.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have had Golfjams for a couple of months and can tell you without question that the velcro works great, actually hard to remove the speaker sometimes. The SQ is top notch and the battery life is legit. 15 - 18 hours out of the box. Only 2 hours to recharge. I was a little hesitant about the phone holder also, but it is rock solid. Haven't had any issue.
Welcome. Great first post.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That looks cool. Id never heard of anyone listening to music while playing until i joined here.

I have a Big Blue Live that I have used for several years and it has been stellar on the sound side. I do get worried however when weather gets iffy though...

Velcro.

Seems legit otherwise but after time velcro collects crap and becomes exponentially less effective.

Literally the first thing I thought about was the velcro going bad.

GolfJams Review

GolfJams Review

So, I've had many bluetooth speakers over the last year. I ran over a couple that fell out of the cart, spilled beverages on ones that fit in the cup holder and generally gave up on others that provided little power. I'm a bargain shopper but I don’t mind paying for quality. I’ve gone wrong with $49 speakers and thought I was in heaven when I found the UE BOOM ($189.99) but with a penchant for excellence I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try the GolfJams product.

Speakers tested on the golf course: GolfJams

Limits of testing: Tested using iPhone 6+ software 8.4.1. Battery tested on full for 27 holes. Did not test speaker phone features.

GolfJams: LOUD! Practically as loud as my UE Boom I have been using for the past year. Windy day but no problem hearing speaker from Tee Box (Really no need to play the speaker that loud while other golfers around). When I first played the unit in my kitchen I was more than impressed. Strong focus on mids and highs. Where this unit really shines is the lows, your not going to get thumping base but you get a crisp thump. So the sound is very "crisp" and loud with minimal distortion, but not empty sounding. Sounds crisp at all volumes. I really like the USB charging and the nice compact charger and cable. Easy to pair. Don't especially like the weight but it’s only 5oz more than the UE BOOM. Sleek and clean edges. Feels durable and sturdy but weight did have me concerned when attaching to Velcro strap. (No worries, it survived 27 holes and I still had to use effort to free it from the velcro, it’s not coming off). Solid. carefree to transport and easy to install. Frees up space that would occupy cup holder or cubby. Like how the volume is sync'd with the iPhone and the battery indicator. Speakerphone option is plus, but did not test. If going for loud crisp sound and BATTERY life I you will be more than impressed.

I did use the phone holder for a few holes with no issues but I just couldn’t stop worrying about it coming off, specially the way my partner was driving. If I had the standard iPhone 4,5 or 6 there would be ZERO worries but worrying about your phone and worrying about a golf shot do not blend well. My 6+ just seemed a bit bulky for the holder. When they claim industrial strength velcro, they’re not kidding. The cradle would break before the velcro ever came apart.

I would give the unit two thumbs up and love the ability to hang the speaker in different positions on the cart for the best sound. You’re not going to find many products better than this with out paying more. You will not be disappointed. One other point, we had 16 people in our playing group and half of them wanted to hear and see the product and said they had to have one! Also, works great on the patio and by the pool.

Hope that helps everyone. Happy golfing.

Now this looks pretty damn cool. I love having tunes going as long as my playing partners don't mind it. For $120 that seems very fair if the quality is there.

Back