Vegas Locals Thread

Please tell me our THP family members are safe.

Yes, I hope everyone who might have stayed an extra night from the Wilson Event are safe too. Please check in with us guys, we are worried about you. JB is safe, he stayed at a hotel near the airport last night.

Saw this on the news this morning when we woke up, hope everyone is safe

Minimum 50 dead and 200 injured...absolutely unfathomable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And probably more ... unfortunately. People are critical and in surgery.

Last edited:

My phone started going nuts at 4am when they only had 20 dead. I pray the total doesn’t rise.

Please guys, check in if you can. We want to know you're all OK. I'm trying to track down info on a friend who lives in LV and goes to concerts like this all the time. Sick to my stomach right now.

I have at least a dozen friends living there now from my time in the USAF. One is actually a musician now and many of them are country boys. A bit worried.

Kind of numb right now, but so far I don't know anyone that has been affected by this (knock on wood).

Vegas Locals Thread

where is that located

Just west of the 215 in summerlin and south of bears best. Very private course. $$$$$

not a local but get to vegas every spring and stay a week and play 3 days. Not one to stry to far from strip because of cab fare would like to play bears best some time

I have played Bear's Best and it's a tough by nice course. Try Uber to get there, should be cheaper than a cab.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know a good friend of mine is hosting a Tournament at Rhodes Ranch on Veterans Day Nov 11th benefiting to Folds of Honor. Its a 2 Man scramble. He was got some great prizes for giveaways. I will be making the trip for this event and it would be great to see some other THP'ers there also.

https://www.westcoast-tour.com/nevada/

Vegas Locals, I am considering heading up to Wolf Creek when I am in town in early February. Anyone interested in joining?

Vegas Locals, I am considering heading up to Wolf Creek when I am in town in early February. Anyone interested in joining?
If you don't mind the company, let me know when and I'll try and get the time off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm definitely interested, depending on the day.

If you don't mind the company, let me know when and I'll try and get the time off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm definitely interested, depending on the day.
Tentatively planning on Monday, February 12. We are coming to town Saturday afternoon and staying through the 14th. Seeing the Blackhawks play the VGK!

I'm thinking Monday the 12th for Wolf Creek.

Hello Vegas Locals,

My wife and I are heading to the USA from New Zealand in April for a holiday/for me to play golf. We will be in Vegas for 5 days 15th to the 19th April. I am planning on playing Wolf creek (because of the video games) and another course closer to the town/strip - I am thinking TPC Vegas?.

We are staying close to the strip and have a car so I don’t mind travelling to a course.

Firstly, will these courses be in good condition at that time of year or do they have planned maintenance happening? Are they the right choices because I probably won’t be back to Vegas in my life time.

Secondly, would any of you be interested in joining me for a round at this time. I am sure I would be placed into a group at these courses or catch up on a group to join, but Any company would be appreciated.( My wife hates golf and the credit card will take a hit the days I am golfing.)

The putting greens at Angel Park are simply ridiculous.

The putting greens at Angel Park are simply ridiculous.
The putting course?! I love it when I was out there !!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No, played the Mountain Course today.
Good stuff out there. I always enjoyed Desert Pines because it's so unique. Stallion Mountain was fun too... especially when it was 36 holes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Locals! Monday February 12. Wolf Creek. Anyone interested? They have foursomes at 915 and 925. If no one is interested, I'll probably book with the 905 random twosome.

Locals! Monday February 12. Wolf Creek. Anyone interested? They have foursomes at 915 and 925. If no one is interested, I'll probably book with the 905 random twosome.

Dang, sorry I missed this. Well, I wouldn't have been able to make it on Monday anyway, but I'm still sorry that I missed it!

I played The Revere last week, Lexington course (which is supposed to be the "better" course). The layout is fun and creative, since its basically built in a couple of canyons. But they didn't tell me until I got there and asked about the condition of the course that they had a pump die and so the upper holes were basically dead. Greens were good, but the fairways were golden brown and crispy. :angry: The Concord side was apparently not affected.

Still, a fun track.

Playing Las Vegas National this afternoon. Last time I was there, it was looking a little haggard. Hopefully it hasn't gone to sh#t since then with all the heat.

Back