Vegas Locals Thread

I played The Revere last week, Lexington course (which is supposed to be the "better" course). The layout is fun and creative, since its basically built in a couple of canyons. But they didn't tell me until I got there and asked about the condition of the course that they had a pump die and so the upper holes were basically dead. Greens were good, but the fairways were golden brown and crispy. :angry: The Concord side was apparently not affected.

Still, a fun track.

Playing Las Vegas National this afternoon. Last time I was there, it was looking a little haggard. Hopefully it hasn't gone to sh#t since then with all the heat.

Remember how much fun we had last summer?

Well I’m thinking we should do it again in a couple of weeks

Remember how much fun we had last summer?

Well I’m thinking we should do it again in a couple of weeks
I said that a couple of weeks ago and you said there were no plans to come to Vegas! You change your mind? I'm always down.

I said that a couple of weeks ago and you said there were no plans to come to Vegas! You change your mind? I'm always down.

Now there is a conference lol

We’ll be there the 18th-20th leaning toward playing early Saturday (she’d do some spa time) and Monday I think we were going to head out to Mesquite and play Wolf Creek but haven’t decided yet since she is new to the game

Hi guys. Never knew this thread existed till now!

I’m a Vegas local, live out in Summerlin. I pretty much stick to Arroyo, Highland Falls, Eagle Crest and Palm valley. All are just minutes from my house. Hope to catch a round or more with you guys sometime.

Now there is a conference lol

We’ll be there the 18th-20th leaning toward playing early Saturday (she’d do some spa time) and Monday I think we were going to head out to Mesquite and play Wolf Creek but haven’t decided yet since she is new to the game

Awesome. I should probably be able to make Saturday the 18th work.

Hi guys. Never knew this thread existed till now!

I’m a Vegas local, live out in Summerlin. I pretty much stick to Arroyo, Highland Falls, Eagle Crest and Palm valley. All are just minutes from my house. Hope to catch a round or more with you guys sometime.

Yeah, this thread has been a little dormant. Need to get a THPer round together soon.

Passing thru next weekend for 3 days. Only have TPC tentatively booked for next Sunday. Monday ??

Passing thru next weekend for 3 days. Only have TPC tentatively booked for next Sunday. Monday ??
Mondays are bad for me, due to work.

There is a charity golf tournament in Mesquite 9/1 at the Palms. 4 person scramble, $45 per person. Benefits disabled vet families. I could get down there and have another guy show up maybe. Anybody up for it ?

Thanks for mentioning it here. I’m out of town on business overseas during that timeframe. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Has anyone played Desert Pines recently and can speak to the conditions?

Has anyone played Desert Pines recently and can speak to the conditions?

I did about 3 weeks ago, it's in decent enough condition for locals at $35-$45 range. Still has issues with unfixed ball marks but that is the norm at a lot of courses. Fairways and bunkers were in decent shape.

Played Arroyo yesterday for the very first time. I lived within 5 minutes if that course for several years, not sure how I never played it before yesterday.

I know there were some who complained that the conditions had been poor recently. They must have fixed them because it was in great shape. Helps that they probably share maintenance with Red Rock.

Anyway, course is fun and challenging.

Just changed jobs, btw, and now have every Friday off. Looking to play a lot more golf on Fridays so hit me up if you are too!

Just changed jobs, btw, and now have every Friday off. Looking to play a lot more golf on Fridays so hit me up if you are too!

Exciting! What’s the new gig?

Exciting! What’s the new gig?
Municipal government! The city is a client of my former firm and I got to know the city attorney's office pretty well over the last few years. They had an opening and convinced me to come talk about it. I was pretty sure the numbers wouldn't work, but with all the benefits, pension, reduced taxes (no SS), etc., the numbers were surprisingly close. Combine that with a 4 day work week and the fact that my kids will be out of the house in 10 years (therefore I'd like to see them as much as possible now), I couldn't pass it up.

Municipal government! The city is a client of my former firm and I got to know the city attorney's office pretty well over the last few years. They had an opening and convinced me to come talk about it. I was pretty sure the numbers wouldn't work, but with all the benefits, pension, reduced taxes (no SS), etc., the numbers were surprisingly close. Combine that with a 4 day work week and the fact that my kids will be out of the house in 10 years (therefore I'd like to see them as much as possible now), I couldn't pass it up.

Congratulations on the new gig and Fridays off Dan!!

If I make it out that way later this year lets play another round.

Going to Vegas in November...what course should I play?

Congratulations on the new gig and Fridays off Dan!!

If I make it out that way later this year lets play another round.
100% Dan!

Hey y'all - East Coast THP'er here who had to take a long break from the game, but now getting back into things. I'm coming into town for some meetings Wed and Thursday and thought I'd squeeze in a round Wednesday afternoon. My flight lands at 11am local time, so thinking anything 1pm or after. I have my eye on LV National since I'll be staying at The Venetian, it's close, and on GolfNow I can play for less than $30. Would anyone be interested, or is there another course I should consider that's close by? Thanks and appreciate the hospitality and hope someone can join!!

Hey y'all - East Coast THP'er here who had to take a long break from the game, but now getting back into things. I'm coming into town for some meetings Wed and Thursday and thought I'd squeeze in a round Wednesday afternoon. My flight lands at 11am local time, so thinking anything 1pm or after. I have my eye on LV National since I'll be staying at The Venetian, it's close, and on GolfNow I can play for less than $30. Would anyone be interested, or is there another course I should consider that's close by? Thanks and appreciate the hospitality and hope someone can join!!

I played LVN in December and thought it was good course. This is a park golf setting in a cool old neighborhood with a lot of history. It is not a desert style course like most in the Vegas area. I think it is a bargain if you can play for $30. This is not a snobby high dollar course at all, regular golf for regular folks.

I didn’t play last week, but did stop by LV Nat’l. They had all golf shirts buy one get one free, so take some extra money if you go. I got a nice adidas and footjoy logo shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back