New Member from Scotland

Figo

Scottish Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
Morning folks, Newbie here from Scotland.

I've always dabbled in Golf since I was little (like a lot of people over here!) and played regularly till 2012 when I met a girl -now wife - that actually made me want to stay off the course rather than spend every evening playing.

We were recently on Holiday in Spain with family and friends and us guys decided to have a morning playing golf in the 30° heat and sun.

http://www.marbellagolf.com/golfcourse

Long story short the bug has bitten again in a big way.

I guess I perhaps have been a tad spoiled here with golf very much as an every man's game and with courses being in abundance in the North East I am never more than 15 minutes away from a possible tee-off. Being that its been so accessible I would say I previously never really took it THAT seriously and even when I was playing 3 or 4 times a week a few years back I was never "into" the scene, the technology or even into improving my game.

Playing golf in Marbella on a course I had never seen (and with a particularly brutal front 9) pressured me into thinking about what I was doing - more thought into club choice, do I chance a risky shot, risk / reward analysis... In short I loved it... stepping away from what I was used to was as refreshing as I was pretty darn awful if I'm honest!

So my attitude to the game has changed. for the first time in a long time I want to get better - before I was at a level where I could hit maybe 25-35 over par I was happy enough, I had a laugh with my friends and thoroughly enjoyed it.

So folks the big question is... where to start.

I've been invited down with my dads work to Gleneagles in a about 6 weeks for an office open (they have a business package there), and want to use that as a benchmark for going forward

I realise my clubs are probably pretty laughable to a lot of you but I dont really want to spend a fortune but if there are any reccomendations on where best to spend a few quid then im all ears.

Im thinking putter would be a good start!

Anyway apologies for the long first post! I'll be heading stateside with work next year for a few weeks and for once the golf bag will be coming so ill be picking your brains about that when the time comes too!

Welcome to THP!

welcome back to the game.

as for where to start. probably with a lesson from a local pro. he can give you a good assessment of what clubs of any you should change this soon bask into it.

Although a new shiny putter or driver are always fun ?

keep us posted on how it's going.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: nice intro Figo.

Welcome

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! If you are happy with your clubs, there is no reason to change. Of course, if you do, there's a lot of information on everything out there on the site here.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

I will second what CAA_Beat said, start with a leson or a lesson package with a pro if you want to get beter, its the best way to do it.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

lesson package with a pro sounds good...

conveniently it's my birthday soon so I shall see if I can wrangle a treat out the missus.

Getting some pro guidance sounds like a good idea..

Conveniently my birthday is coming up so I will see if I can't wrangle a treat from the missus of the golf variety..

Welcome!

Welcome to THP! Lessons are a great place to start. Enjoy your journey back into the game :)

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome! Lessons are the best thing to start with. New equipment is always fun but lessons to maximize that equipment and your fun level!

Back