Tiger's tantrums are starting to get tiresome...

good point JB. Its very easy to sit at home watching on tv and say make comments but the pros's are on a different playing field than we are when playing a round with friends.

That's what cracks me up about guys who say they could beat an LPGA player. Umm, no you couldn't. They play different courses every week, in front of huge crowds and a national TV audience, and their livelihood is on the line.

Weekend golfer dude, you would fold like a cheap lawn chair.

That's what cracks me up about guys who say they could beat an LPGA player. Umm, no you couldn't. They play different courses every week, in front of huge crowds and a national TV audience, and their livelihood is on the line.

yep...like when a pro misses a short putt and everyone is like "how could you possibly miss THAT?" like the 4-footer at your local muni is the same thing.

Well it's hard to for me to have empathy for a guy who is a millionnaire many times over who could walk away from the game right now and be considered one of the best who ever played the game.Not trying to bash him..I like hin despite anything posted. But there's others under more pressure in their everyday mundane jobs who can handle that pressure and show back at the thankless grind the next day ready to go.If they threw tantrums they would be in trouble with HR or even worse they would be looking for another job.

But we all agree that snipers should be able to take out the "Get in the hole!" and "You da' man!" guys, right?

Spoiler
Okay, maybe tranq guns instead of live ammo. But still...

Poisoned tipped blow darts are way more effective and more stealth. Maybe we could even contract it out to some Aborigine tribe to take care of it.

Okay, now the dudes at the Players are just screaming incoherently.

Did anyone else just see that shot Tiger hit a few seconds ago and the gallery morons just yelled "Blllwaaaaaahhahh!" ? :angry:

Well it's hard to for me to have empathy for a guy who is a millionnaire many times over who could walk away from the game right now and be considered one of the best who ever played the game.Not trying to bash him..I like hin despite anything posted. But there's others under more pressure in their everyday mundane jobs who can handle that pressure and show back at the thankless grind the next day ready to go.If they threw tantrums they would be in trouble with HR or even worse they would be looking for another job.

I have a feeling if you had a camera on those same people for every minute of their job you would see some crazy things as well.

Yeah
I think they have a show about that on TV...:beauty:

Could not agree more, sure there are some of us who could drive as far as they do or even outdrive them, but that's about it. The pressure would get to every single one of us.

As far as Tiger goes, I don't care as I see a lot of pro's do the same or worse. it's just that Tiger has the glare of the cameras on him 12,000 times more than everyone else combined so we see every little thing he does. The guy in 100th place who nobody ever heard of could take a crap in the cup & nobody would ever know it.

As far as Tiger tossing clubs, some folks act like he is helicoptering his clubs thru the air towards the gallery.

This is a tuff one. I like the fact that he cares enough to show emotion. I know he is a role model and kids look up to him. Every golfer out there (except Freddy) swears slams their clubs and spits. Not one of them plays well enough to get the coverage that Tiger gets week in and week out when he plays. One other point I have to make is that I don't view golf as an "entertainment" like I do with other team sports. If you don't play well in a tournament you don't get paid. If you play for the lions and go 0-16 you still cash your checks. He has the heart and desire to win and getting those emotions out might be what he has to do to get it out and move on to the next shot so well. Those that bottle it up may fall apart. See Phil at US Open!

Claire next time you see him throw a club or swear during the Pro-Ams I will agree. He does that part just fine and the sponsors keep coming around. WHile he is playing to win tournies it is not his job to be a role model. I disagree. Should he behave? Yes, but he is not obligated to. He is an independent contractor at those courses there for one reason, and that is to win. He gets paid based on his performance.

I want to see what happens when Tiger's kids are old enough to call him on this. There is nothing like little ears around to clean up your vocabulary! I suspect that when Sam bats those eyelashes and asks Daddy why he talks dirty, Tiger's act will change quickly.

I KNOW there are lots of Tiger fans, and I have NO hesitation agreeing that he is the greatest golfer of all time. He is the Sydney Crosby of golf- unparalleled.

That said- I'm frankly getting a little tired of his tantrums as he struggles a bit to regain his pre-surgery form. Slamming the driver down after a bad drive, all of the F-bombs and other cussing, the frequent snot-rockets and loogies as he stomps off in disgust after an errant shot. It's really getting old.

I WANT to like Tiger- whether he's winning or losing. I WANT to respect him not only for how he PLAYS, but for WHO HE IS. But he's making it difficult.

Feel free to flame away if you want. I understand.

Fixed! I agree with you though Pinged.

I want to see what happens when Tiger's kids are old enough to call him on this. There is nothing like little ears around to clean up your vocabulary! I suspect that when Sam bats those eyelashes and asks Daddy why he talks dirty, Tiger's act will change quickly.

i agree Claire. he should know better. he knows the cameras are on him. he should just put his hat over his face and cuss into it like Nick Watney does

I'd hate to have all eyes on me at work, I'd make Tiger look like Mother Theresa, haha.

I heard a quote the other week in reference to his attitude on the course, something to the effect, "we want Tiger to work like Hogan, win like Jack, and act like Arnie". I would love to see a little less of the GD's and F-bomb's, especially with the all the kids around him.

More than likely she'll talk dirty right along with him, that's what me and my dad do. With all his charity work he can drop all the F-bombs he wants as far as I'm concerned, he didn't ask to be a role model.

It seems as if it is the same in every sport. Have you ever watched Kobe Bryant play? He whines all game long. So do most of the NBA players. I too get tired of Tigers antics out there, but I am glad to see him show emotion. Guys like Ells and others have great swings and are okay to watch, but they are just plain boring.

That's why I like the Boo Weekly's of the new generation....
I also saw Ian Poulter laughing it up in todays round with whomever he was playing with...
Not just the normal politeness....but the camaraderie you see when you play golf with your friends....

That makes me want to watch more....

The obscenities are low class. They are turning me against Tiger.

And it's an absurd dismissal to say other players do it. Tiger plays half the tournaments, actually less than that. The other events are televised, Thursday through Sunday. I can't think of a single player in any event who has demonstrated that type of swearing obsession, not even a few times let alone to the extent Tiger takes it.

We know what he's thinking. The disgusted expression says it all. It wouldn't be so bad if he stopped at, "god dammit," which he invariably summons first. But he feels compelled to keep going and mumbles the F bombs, and slowly I root for every putt to slide past the edge.

Besides, I have no idea why he's cursing. His tee balls veer right at least a half dozen times per round, yet virtually never find an unplayable situation. He's inevitably in a clearing, like so often at Torrey Pines last June.

@ the throwing clubs part:

At the TPC, after a guy chunked his 2nd shot after a PERFECT drive on 10, he slammed his club down and took a chunk out of the fairway.
So Tiger isn't the only one.

And I am a big Poulter fan but I am sure many of you heard his F Bomb today.

And I am a big Poulter fan but I am sure many of you heard his F Bomb today.

I didn't. I remember him yelling "cut!" or "left!" or something. Maybe I misheard him.

I also thought it was really classy of him on the tee when he asked the crowd to keep quiet for Ben Crane (I think that's who it was.)

The obscenities are low class. They are turning me against Tiger.

And it's an absurd dismissal to say other players do it. Tiger plays half the tournaments, actually less than that. The other events are televised, Thursday through Sunday. I can't think of a single player in any event who has demonstrated that type of swearing obsession, not even a few times let alone to the extent Tiger takes it.

We know what he's thinking. The disgusted expression says it all. It wouldn't be so bad if he stopped at, "god dammit," which he invariably summons first. But he feels compelled to keep going and mumbles the F bombs, and slowly I root for every putt to slide past the edge.

Besides, I have no idea why he's cursing. His tee balls veer right at least a half dozen times per round, yet virtually never find an unplayable situation. He's inevitably in a clearing, like so often at Torrey Pines last June.

I see it differently and I am not his biggest fan at all. If any player playing poorly was televised HALF as much as him you would see it. They only time other players are televised a lot is when they are playing well. With Tiger and Phil for the most part you see EVERY shot, good or bad. If you saw John Smith on a day when he was playing badly you would see the profanities. We certainly saw them at the FL events we were at this year that is for sure.

At the beginning of the season they gave AK, Boo and Camillo most of the air time and I dont remember seeing these outbursts from them. Ill agree these matches werent at the same level as the last few weeks but still.

At the beginning of the season they gave AK, Boo and Camillo most of the air time and I dont remember seeing these outbursts from them.

Every time someone here says Boo here now, it takes me a good 15-30 seconds to realize that they don't mean ...

... Boo-->
image.php

Every time someone here says Boo here now, it takes me a good 15-30 seconds to realize that they don't mean ...

... Boo-->
image.php

Except she told me the other day that thanks to her brother, she knows a lot of inappropriate words.

If my Boo were in the picture, she'd clean Tiger up quickly. When Sam is old enough, I'm confident she'll handle him.

NBA - Best player went through rape trial
When did Lebron go to trial :alien2:

Tiger is the grumpy-est soon to be billionaire I have ever seen. There seems to be no fun or joy in golf unless he is winning. I was not a Tiger fan at first and slowly became one even thou I have heard a lot of crappy stories about Tiger off course. Now I'm starting to drift back the other way.

Back