Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Callaway Chrome Soft golf ball has been around for a few years now and shortly thereafter, the Truvis version came out. The ball that changed the ball done Truvis style started out as a fun and unique niche product has taken a path of its own and become very popular.

THP TV sat down with Callaway Golf at their offices in Carlsbad, CA to discuss the product, the benefits and even what the future may hold for Truvis.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-chrome-soft-truvis-golf-ball/

That's a lot of volume on the those Truvis balls. I play the yellow and black and I love them. I hope they bring back the white and black with the chevrons.

Really enjoyed this video. Thanks!

Big fan of the CS•• and Truvis, loved the THP TV spot on it! Really looking forward to hearing more about what's to come with this line.

Have not had the opportunity to try chrome soft or truvis version balls yet, but eventually I will. Anything that helps with the ball’s visibility is a plus and I love the variety of colors available.

Truvis is a fun ball. Prefer the yellow/black. It does look a little bigger for some reason.

I need a little more practice time with them; for some reason these tend to come out a little higher on pitches. Probably it's my inconsistent technique but something I want to keep an eye on.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Love the video and love the Truvis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh, I love the Truvis!!!!

enjoy playing the current colors, excited to see what's next for Truvis

Fun seeing them really take hold out there, I've seen them on the course a couple of times here with older gentlemen.

I haven't played a Truvis since the first release, for ME, the red was super tough to see in the think Bermuda rough we have around here. Sure was fun to practice putting and chipping with though.

Chrome Soft is my favorite ball hands down. Durable and just seems so predictable with my 54* shots around the green. Haven't tried the truvis yet but I really don't have an issue seeing the ball. Has anyone noticed any other benefits of the Truvis pattern besides seeing the ball in the air or finding it in the rough?

Chrome Soft is my favorite ball hands down. Durable and just seems so predictable with my 54* shots around the green. Haven't tried the truvis yet but I really don't have an issue seeing the ball. Has anyone noticed any other benefits of the Truvis pattern besides seeing the ball in the air or finding it in the rough?

Jason listed a whole bunch that people were seeing in the THP TV spot in the first post. Interesting stuff.

Great video and seeing his expression and joy if the line was neat.

How long I've been calling them Truvis and not correctly is funny. Never once called them Tru Viz before. #themoreyouknow

Jason listed a whole bunch that people were seeing in the THP TV spot in the first post. Interesting stuff.

Gonna have to sneak on some headphones at work and watch the video.

Never tried one but
My kid thinks they are cool i guess when i go to the stores and i pay a premium i always go for what i know, maybe next time

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

No Steelers fan, but not negative either (Go Cows) -- the black/yellow Truvis is my favorite ball. Easy to see and focus.

Would love to see Callaway sell the Blue Truvis in the United States.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm excited that we'll be seeing more colors. I like what's been out there, but I think one of the cool things about the Truvis balls is that it's another way to add a bit of "personality" through color to your golf game. More colors, or more rotations of colors means more people might find colors they like.

Green Gold White
need it

Green Gold White
need it

We know they can do both green and gold (Maeve posted a gold run in her twitter feed a while back and Dicks has the green one). So it can be done.

Me, I'm looking for blue and orange. Ideally in combination.

We know they can do both green and gold (Maeve posted a gold run in her twitter feed a while back and Dicks has the green one). So it can be done.

Me, I'm looking for blue and orange. Ideally in combination.

It's fun. And golf is fun.

My best round came with a yellow and black Truvis. I've tried to replace them with cheaper balls but it looks like I may be on my way back to them by seasons end.

I love the Truvis - I've played the pink, red, and yellow/black. I see that DSG is currently selling Green and White.

The ball performs and it's much easier for me to see and stay focused on the ball on the tee and once it's in flight. I need to get lasik...but until then the Truvis helps.

They are just fun...I was apparently "first" and still on of the few on my home course to play these. They always get comments "Hey you're playing Soccer Balls!" LOL!!!
Its to the point that last week I had a "lost ball" returned to me that I had hit in the trees! "Hey I found this in a tree and I knew it had to be yours!"

"Why? Because it was in a tree!? LOL!!" :D

I have to image it's a production and inventory nightmare every time they come out with a new variation of this ball.
Might be the reason we don't see many different ones available.

Last edited:
Back