Zepp Golf vs Arcoss 360 vs Game Golf for a someone very new to Golf

farhoumand

Reaction score
Handicap
36+
Hello Everyone
I am very new to golf and am really enjoying it. I had some private lessons 2 years ago so the basics are known but not well implemented!

In the last month, I have been obsessed with playing more golf after not playing for a couple of years. I would like to buy something to help me improve and would like to know which is a good starter tech to get. Game Golf, Arcoss 360 or Zepp Golf

I know they do different things but as a starting point, do you think something that analyzes my swing is better or something that helps me track my game and records my game play.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards

I have the 360. I think the biggest benefit you will see is actual distances, and where your misses are. Will help you choose correct club on approaches.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had Zepp Golf previously, and currently still have Arccos. If you're going to choose between stat tracking vs swing analyzation, my vote is stat tracking. The Zepp Golf was neat to use, but it was always a pain to set up. I used it maybe a handful of times and just ended up getting rid of it. I have used Arccos sooo much more, it's nice to see how well you hit your clubs, your misses, your putts... everything.

I had Zepp Golf previously, and currently still have Arccos. If you're going to choose between stat tracking vs swing analyzation, my vote is stat tracking. The Zepp Golf was neat to use, but it was always a pain to set up. I used it maybe a handful of times and just ended up getting rid of it. I have used Arccos sooo much more, it's nice to see how well you hit your clubs, your misses, your putts... everything.

Pretty much this. I have both as well and kind of stopped using Zepp because of the setup. It is not hard but just another step(s) that you need to do with the calibration. Arccos 360 gives us pretty good feedback on your club distances and range. I have 2 complaints with the Arrcos 360:

- Phone gets hot in the pocket
- Batter drains a lot on the Android. Eats up almost all of my phone running nothing but the Android. I have heard it works a lot better on iPhones though.

It really depends what problem you're trying to fix. I struggled with a push/slice for several years and no amount of hearing people repeat "you're coming over the top" ever seemed to help because I didn't feel like that's what I was doing. I felt like I had corrected it. And it wasn't until I used a Zepp 2 that I could finally actively see what I was doing, and then I fixed my slice in about five minutes and it hasn't been a thing for me since. To that point though, after that one big Zepp 2 usage, I really haven't had much need for it. Everything else I can fix at the range now. But I would GLADLY go back and pay the $150 for it again considering the enormous and immediate change it made in my golf swing/game. I am personally considering buying Arccos 360 because I'm in that mode of not quite perfectly knowing my distances, and I feel like that's my next hurdle. I make good contact, I just need more details on distances. So it just depends on what problem you're trying to fix. If you're hitting most fairways and your shots are reasonably straight more often than not (and you know exactly what you did wrong when they don't go straight) then the Zepp probably isn't what you need. But if your swing is weird and you can't figure out how to correct it, the Zepp is a pretty cool little gadget.

Thank you all for your help. As I said, I am new to golf and when I did a search for a good golf forum, the overwhelming response was THP. Now I know why!

I think based on the feedback, it may be a good idea to start with a stat tracker and eventually get a swing analyzer.

I am not in a position to justify $250 for Arccos 360 right now but can buy the game golf live. From what I have heard, Arccos 360 is better but I am not sure if it is worth $100 more. Any thoughts??

Thank you again

Thank you all for your help. As I said, I am new to golf and when I did a search for a good golf forum, the overwhelming response was THP. Now I know why!

I think based on the feedback, it may be a good idea to start with a stat tracker and eventually get a swing analyzer.

I am not in a position to justify $250 for Arccos 360 right now but can buy the game golf live. From what I have heard, Arccos 360 is better but I am not sure if it is worth $100 more. Any thoughts??

Thank you again

Get the original Arccos... I am still using mine, and won't be moving to the 360 (cost and the way it records is different.) You should be able to pick up the original Arccos a lot cheaper.

1. Acrros golf - It is so easy to use and the shot/stats tracking is so benefical to determine where to work on your game. I've been using it since it was released in 2014 and am a beta tester. The "beta" version that I'm testing right now uses slope and wind speed to calculate a "plays like" number and is pretty freaking accurate.
  2. Game Golf - Good info like Arccos, but having used both, I prefer arccos since it doesn't require tapping and having a device on your belt.
  3. Zepp - A cool "toy" in that it gives some info when set up properly but highly inaccurate if the setup is just a bit off. I stopped using it after a week and didnt' find it very useful.

Thank you all. Appreciate you all taking the time to suggest and educate.

I suggest waiting for ShotScope 2 (or pre-ordering). I currently use GameGolf Live, although less than I used to. I use the GG app for course GPS.

You can track major stats by paper, for example: GIR Y/N, FW Hit/Miss/Where, Putts, Scramble Y/N, etc.

I have a SkyPro swing analyzer somewhere, the problem with those little analyzers is that their static numbers aren't very accurate.

Back